What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Strange that none of you have watched Outlander, about the woman that goes back in time in Scotland.

I, of course, watch it for the historical elemements. Not for the totally hunky man.

Surprised you haven't mentioned Doctor Who yet Patsycat :P

• Like 1

Strange that none of you have watched Outlander, about the woman that goes back in time in Scotland.

I, of course, watch it for the historical elemements. Not for the totally hunky man.

Surprised you haven't mentioned Doctor Who yet Patsycat tongue.png

Outlander has been mentioned a few times Patsycat.

I watched 2 episodes...not sure where it is going though

I have watched all of the Outlander episodes so far. The atmosphere is well done, the story is interesting. I want to see more fighting between the redcoats and the Scots. Liam Neeson needs to show up, or maybe Mel Gibson. "Whut arrre ye, a bunch 'o gurrrlls? Fight for Scotland!"

I've just finished Downfall. Not new (2004) but a beauty.

It's a journey at 156 minutes but it's the best war movie I've ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Movie info: The last ten days of Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime are seen through the eyes of a

young woman in his employ in this historical drama from Germany. Traudl Junge was 22 years old when,

in the fall of 1942, she was hired to be personal secretary to Adolf Hitler.

In April of 1945, Junge was still working for Hitler as forces were bearing down on Germany and the leader

retreated to a secret bunker in Berlin for what would prove to be the last ten days of his life, as well as that of the Third Reich.

Like I said, it's a long one at over 2.5 hours, but well worth it.

• Like 1

Movie info: The last ten days of Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime are seen through the eyes of a

young woman in his employ in this historical drama from Germany. Traudl Junge was 22 years old when,

In April of 1945, Junge was still working for Hitler as forces were bearing down on Germany and the leader

retreated to a secret bunker in Berlin for what would prove to be the last ten days of his life, as well as that of the Third Reich.

Good find. Getting it, gonna watch it.

• Like 2

I finally got around to watching ep. 2 and 3, and yes, it is enjoyable in an ethereal sort of way, and interesting in a weird "back to the future" experience. It would be better if it had a Delorean sports car and flying skateboards tho...biggrin.png Seriously, the period treatment is nice, though I can't help but imagine what everyone must have smelled like back then. bah.gif

Some comedy series!

Welcome to Sweden: new comedy from Sweden. It is 90% in English which makes it easy to follow. We see Bruce who has quit his accountancy practice and list of celebrity clients in the USA and moved to Sweden. Starts off slow but builds up quite well. Enjoyable. It is a ‘no laugh track’ comedy also.

6.5/10

Garfunkel and Oates: Garfunkel and Oates stars Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci as both themselves and their musical comedy alter-egos, "Garfunkel and Oates," following the pair as they try to expand the reaches of their meager celebrity. Well-known on the improv-comedy scene, Micucci and Lindhome met at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in LA, naming their band for "two famous rock-and-roll second bananas," Art Garfunkel and John Oates. In five bite-sized episodes, Riki and Kate skewer taboos and perform tongue-in-cheek songs about their woeful lives as single, late-20-something Los Angelinos. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2276413/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

I liked this one.

Could be interesting. 7/10

Dating Naked

A reality series in which a man and a woman date two different naked suitors on a remote exotic location. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3551966/

Haven't watched it yet, and it is not comedy, but amusing anyway

Legally Brown:

Comedy series from Australia. Series of stand up and skits from Australian comedian Nazeim Hussain. He is of Indian background and most of his skits feature some element of race. Only watched 1 episode so far and that was a little rough, but has potential.

Season 2 is now airing.

Good find. Getting it, gonna watch it.

Bruno Ganz is unbelievably good as everybody's favorite megalomaniacal madman tyrant, Der Furhrer. Good movie, even if we all know how it ends. I can't resist pointing out these wacky takeoffs on youtube. Here is a recent one.

Some comedy series!

Welcome to Sweden: new comedy from Sweden. It is 90% in English which makes it easy to follow. We see Bruce who has quit his accountancy practice and list of celebrity clients in the USA and moved to Sweden. Starts off slow but builds up quite well. Enjoyable. It is a ‘no laugh track’ comedy also.

6.5/10

Been watching this since the 1st episode, it's pretty funny really, there's plenty of down right <deleted> annoying ness to it but for the most parts it's dysfunctional comedy. The latest episode was probably one of the best.

• Like 1

The Inbetweeners 2 Hilarious , best comedy I have seen for a long time, only for Brits and Aussies

Not as good as the first.. Bit of an anti climax though.. Plenty of awkward laughs though. Not one for the PC brigade..

The TV series was hilarious. First movie less so

So just watched the pilot for Forever...

Definitely in the mold of Elementary but with a quirky twist and some role reversals...

Could be good..

This one could be good GS. Some very uncanny similarities to Elementary

I liked the first episode. It kind of reminds me of The Mentalist, if the lead lived forever.

The Inbetweeners 2 Hilarious , best comedy I have seen for a long time, only for Brits and Aussies

Not as good as the first.. Bit of an anti climax though.. Plenty of awkward laughs though. Not one for the PC brigade..

I was disappointed that no one mentioned the word "clunge", like they did in the seriesbiggrin.png

Edited by Will27

So digging through the net, for previews of SoA Season 7 (here's a good rundown with cast and crew about the Series from IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/4/title/tt3727618/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_vi#lb-vi57256985

, I was surprised to read that Charlie Hannum (Jax) is actually from England, knock me down with a feather... Random I know, but we were discussing overseas actors with American accents that do it better than an American.

Charlie Hannum has been working in the USA for a long time. He was on a pretty good series about college student and he played a British pretty boy who got all the girls. If you hear him in interviews, he has mostly lost his English accent, although you can still hear it. He does not speak with the same voice that he uses in SOA or the English accent he had in "Undeclared."

• Like 1

Charlie Hannum has been working in the USA for a long time. He was on a pretty good series about college student and he played a British pretty boy who got all the girls. If you hear him in interviews, he has mostly lost his English accent, although you can still hear it. He does not speak with the same voice that he uses in SOA or the English accent he had in "Undeclared."

Yeah it was in the interview with IDMb that I picked up on it... Can't say I've honestly paid too much attention to his career aside from SoA..

On another note, after watching the Inbetweeners 2, I put on "Once upon a time in Brooklyn" - don't waste your time, it was <deleted> unbearable! I was looking forward to Ice T's role but Law & Order - SVU it was not...

So digging through the net, for previews of SoA Season 7 (here's a good rundown with cast and crew about the Series from IMDb

, I was surprised to read that Charlie Hannum (Jax) is actually from England, knock me down with a feather... Random I know, but we were discussing overseas actors with American accents that do it better than an American.

Had the same reaction when I discovered that Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica) is English. Hearing him speak in his native accent was kinda shocking. Similarly w/ Lena Headey after watching her in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I think, though, that Adelaide Clemens in Rectify is the most astonishing. Maybe not quite as great of a leap for an Ozzie as a Brit, but she had the greatest challenge doing Southern, specifically rural Georgia.

• Like 1

Had the same reaction when I discovered that Jamie Bamber (Battlestar Galactica) is English. Hearing him speak in his native accent was kinda shocking. Similarly w/ Lena Headey after watching her in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I think, though, that Adelaide Clemens in Rectify is the most astonishing. Maybe not quite as great of a leap for an Ozzie as a Brit, but she had the greatest challenge doing Southern, specifically rural Georgia.

My whole world will fall apart if Adelaide shows up in some sexy role somewhere, speaking with her real accent, being all hot. She's etched in my mind as the agonizingly sweet girl who goes around in the Georgia heat with a little Walmart sweater buttoned at the top button, slowly learning the truth about people and life itself.

Definitely in the mold of Elementary but with a quirky twist and some role reversals...

Could be good..

I really do not know what to make out of it. It is the same plot as "New Amsterdam", which I liked. Otherwise, I am reminded of "Castle", which I avoid. So, the making is professional TV but rather simple and conventional. But this little shocker within the first minutes gave the show a surprisingly good opening. If they have something like that in every episode, one could follow the whole thing for some time. I agree with I Claudius, it may have been a one off. Anyway, I will give it a chance.

The Divide: pedestrian at best, finalé, HUGE! Will AMC renew it for a 2nd season? Bit of a gamble

Huge and messy!

Found it interesting enough to follow. But I definitely did not expect that outbreak, that explosion at the end. Under these circumstances I hope they will go for a second season.

• Like 2

These two kill me. I grew up in the South and they have everything right, including the body language.

The Divide: pedestrian at best, finalé, HUGE! Will AMC renew it for a 2nd season? Bit of a gamble

Huge and messy!

Found it interesting enough to follow. But I definitely did not expect that outbreak, that explosion at the end. Under these circumstances I hope they will go for a second season.

I liked it. but was disappointed that it was only 8 episodes.

• Like 1

Could be good..

I really do not know what to make out of it. It is the same plot as "New Amsterdam", which I liked. Otherwise, I am reminded of "Castle", which I avoid. So, the making is professional TV but rather simple and conventional. But this little shocker within the first minutes gave the show a surprisingly good opening. If they have something like that in every episode, one could follow the whole thing for some time. I agree with I Claudius, it may have been a one off. Anyway, I will give it a chance.

I'll have to check out New Amsterdam.

The honorable member GrantSmith is a big Castle fan coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Could be good..

I'll have to check out New Amsterdam.

The honorable member GrantSmith is a big Castle fan coffee1.gif

As big a fan as you are of The Following ;)

Edge of your seat stuff that show :P

• Like 2

Came across the British itv-series "Breathless". My advice: do not bother watching it unless you like "Downton Abbey" because that is what "Breathless" more or less is. No blue blood, but British upper class in the 60s with doctors (Jack Davenport as über-doctor, unbearable as usual) and nurses and a dark secret from the past and a highly psychopathic chief inspector who knows about it and some infidelity and a sexual assault (not shown). Target audience is probably "female senior citizens above the age of 75". I do not really know why I watched it. Probably, because I like the 60s when women still wore dresses and actually demanded to be treated as ladies. Good news is: there will be no second season.

• Like 1