What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Stumbled across a BBC-Worldwide co-production. The Refugees: 3 Billion people from the future land in our presence, because they had to flee some danger they must not talk about (paradoxes an' all). Sounds like SciFi/Mystery. But so far (3 episodes in), the time travel of a few billion people provides more or less just the background to a crime and family drama. Slow-paced, solid work, it kept me interested. Additionally, I am "between shows" so to say.

• Like 2

And it ended with a smile first one in the whole series

Well, Aubry smiled a lot.

But did she really??? bah.gif

Edited by jope

It would be wonderful if there are English subtitles for all Thailand news. After all there are so many foreigners staying in Thailand.

Btw, the Thai TV shows are so boring, so are the lakorns. Yawn...

Struggle Street

This 3-parter documentary/reality show caused a lot of controversy in Australia when shown the last 2 weeks. There were calls for it to be withdrawn from broadcast.

It was commissioned from one of the nationally run broadcasters, SBS (the ethnic voice).

Basically it shows some of the finest no-hopers Australia has to offer. drugs, welfare, booze...a cycle of welfare dependency as seen through the eyes of a few families SBS follows.

You can watch it through the SBS catch up service for free. As long as your ISP is seen to come from Australia.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/

Just finished the last episode.

It was hard work BookMan.

I've seen the never ending welfare cycle up close at

work and it's not a pretty sight.

• Like 1

I really like the Underbelly franchise so was pleased to discover

3 telemovies known by the collective title Underbelly Files:

1. Tell Them Lucifer Was Here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1684227/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

2. Infiltration http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1741678/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

3. The Man Who Got Away http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1717232/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I've watched 2 and 3 so far. If you liked Underbelly, you will probably like these.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

MAD Max: Fury Road

I had been looking forward to this movie for over a year and it does not disappoint. One of the best action/chase movies I have seen. Avoids a lot of the over moralizing, corny explanations, predictable stupidity and product placement we see so much of these days.

Fantastic stunts and action. You don't want to miss a minute of this movie

Watch it on the big screen if you can.

9/10 from me

The spectacle of Mad Max: Fury Road is a symphony of action under George Miler's direction. It's gleefully insane! Like some unholy union between The Wacky Races cartoon and an Iron Maiden album cover. Miller has described the film as one long chase sequence. When you get right down to it, that's pretty accurate. Plotwise it's a race to there and back again. But it's Colin Gibson's production design, John Seale's cinematography, Junkie XL's immersive score, and Jenny Beavan's costumes that define this movie. The look is absolutely bonkers. It's a testament to the visual and aural overload that it propels an adult like me into giddy exuberance. Mad Max: Fury Road is an all out pedal to the metal, full throttle chase with nothing held back. You know those pre-teens raised on heavy metal music and 80s action movies back in the day? Well we're adults now. This movie hits the sweet spot.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Sorry Bookman, I normally agree with your assessments & look forward to watching the ones you recommend but having just sat through this dross, this time I have to disagree with you.

Poor/no story or dialogue & just a series of people & vehicles "spring boarding" through the air, if it wasn't for the fact that I was watching it whilst fully reclined in Premier Class (box of popcorn on one side & a Bingtang on the other) I honestly think I would have walked out after 20 mins.

Scores 1/10 for me & that's only because it had the hot chick from one of the transformer movies in it (& she was heavily pregnant :()

• Like 1

Mad Men...The End

Looking forward to the 92nd and final installment of this saga, which I have enjoyed so much. Recent interviews with the principals indicate that a lot of the "clues" about possible endings can be found in episodes from the very first season. So I am now re-enjoying those early episodes, and catching lots of interesting bits that blew right past me the first time. I'll probably watch all seven seasons again. An All Time TV Masterpiece.

10+ and free Lucky Strikes For Life!

Agree with Rijit in post #4115. I watched all of the Struggle Street series, and then the Life and Death Row series, and part one of the Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies. (I hope he gets to turn the tables on those cops and the press in part 2!) Not a lot of laughs in any of this material. Thank God Silicon Valley is still on.

I look forward to watching Chef (2014). looks good. Thanks for the endorsement. Haven't heard of this film before.

• Like 1

Sorry Bookman, I normally agree with your assessments & look forward to watching the ones you recommend but having just sat through this dross, this time I have to disagree with you.

Did you enjoy the other films in the Mad Max series? That could make a big difference.

Did you enjoy the other films in the Mad Max series? That could make a big difference.
Only the 1st one if I'm honest, guess the Thunder dome one was ok...

Edit: could just be I expected more with Tom Hardy & Charlize Theron in it or just not in the mood for a no-brainer movie today but as I said it really didn't float my boat...

Edit2: plus I took an instant dislike to the "War Child(s)" & cringed when any of them had any dialogue (the scene where the big one proclaims he "Had a brother & he was #Perfect#" deserves the Rotten Tomatoes award for worse acting & worse dialogue).

I am looking forward to Spy though, trailer looks great [emoji106]

Edited by JB300
  • Like 1

Only the 1st one if I'm honest, guess the Thunder dome one was ok...

Edit: could just be I expected more with Tom Hardy & Charlize Theron in it or just not in the mood for a no-brainer movie today but as I said it really didn't float my boat...

Edit2: plus I took an instant dislike to the "War Child(s)" & cringed when any of them had any dialogue (the scene where the big one proclaims he "Had a brother & he was #Perfect#" deserves the Rotten Tomatoes award for worse acting & worse dialogue).

I am looking forward to Spy though, trailer looks great [emoji106]

There were some corny lines, but that was one aspect of the movie I enjoyed. I laughed out loud a number of times at some of the dialogue and scenes. The intent with the poor dialogue was intentional. The movie didn't take itself too seriously which , with the over the top chase scenes that were put together, is how it needed to be.

There was nothing too deep about any of the movie and no false construction of sentimality.

• Like 1

Watched last nights episode of Australian Story - The Irwin Encounters.

I don't think I've ever seen a bad epsiode.

Most Australians still remember exactly where they were when they heard about the death of the Crocodile Hunter.

Steve Irwin was mourned publicly by millions, and privately by his family and his friends.

Nearly a decade has passed, but only now are some of the foundation members of his team speaking out and reconnecting.

Irwin's former Personal Assistant Nicole Byrne says 'It was like a hot iron. I think a lot of us closed down.'

In this week's episode members of the original team speak out, finally breaking their long maintained 'silent understanding'...

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/

• Like 2

EZTV has finally pulled the plug...

This was by far the easiest of those websites to navigate and generally if you were playing catch up it was the site to go to, but if you were trying to get the latest show same day it was a little behind the times.

Apparently site was taken over in a rather hostile manner and the original owners decided to pull the plug to keep their reputations in tact.

But if you're happy to swim in the bay where the pirates play or if you're not afraid to kick ass then you'll be fine ;)

• Like 2

for tv Thewatchseries.biz is updated daily ie yesterdays today and is v user friendly. got a great film and tv dedicated search engine but thats on my laptop I' ll post later :) hope this helps

Edited by rijit
  • Like 2

reasonable watch,,, from last year

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/escobar_paradise_lost/reviews/

as the reviews say monumental performance for escobar

and overall a decent enough drama/ thriller

i'de give it 6.5 maybe 7

its time i took up surfing and re discovered south American women,, fuc do i miss that passion !!!!!

Edited by rijit

http://www.alluc.com/ is a search engine dedicated to film and tv , IMO it's excellent. if anyone uses it let us know what you think

I'm really addicted to Parenthood, but every once in a while I come across an episode that I can't find anywhere to download and I hate to skip them. I have been looking for one in season 4 for about a week and finally found it here. Thanks!

• Like 1

Pleasure glad it was of use I've found it covers so many sites it's

become my ''go to site' certainly for film and for any tv that aint quite current or mainstream. Aint totally deleted the old bookmarks cos as we all probably know / expierenced they disapear fairly frequently. However both those sites all' in its current form, maybe cos it looks so basic ? dunno. and 'watch series' in many diferent forms , ie .sx . Tv as opposed to .com atm seem to be one step ahead of the pack.,, thankfully

Edited by rijit