What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Defeating The Hackers

This is a fascinating 1 hour documentary style show. The documentary is available to watch through the link below

This is a rather unlikely group of scientists, they're experts in codes and code-breaking... leading researchers in the baffling world of quantum physics. They may have built the most advanced computer in the universe and together they're taking on one common enemy - hackers. The greatest threat today to the world is the keyboard.

In the past, it may have been nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction, but today we see that same level of capability being exercised by loneindividuals using keyboards as opposed to bombs. Now, powerful cyber-weapons are being uncovered. In this murky world scientists are trying to harness the laws of physics and mathematics to protect us from the hackers.

Mat Honan considered himself to be pretty savvy when it comes to security and Internet, but last year he discovered just how devious hackers can be. The first clue that something bad was happening came when he tried to charge his phone. The whole hack took less than 45 minutes. Mat thought he was the victim of a classic hack... someone that repeatedly tried to crack his password and eventually succeeded. He went online to write what happened and then, unexpectedly, the hackers got in touch with him.

For Mat it wasn't just personal, he's also a writer for Wired Magazine. His hackers had discovered a series of loopholes in the Internet which taken together left him completely unprotected. The first step was to find a way stealing his identity from one of his many online accounts. Their way in was a simple phone call to the online shopping service Amazon. It was a simple deception, but effective and after a few clicks they destroyed his digital life. These hackers new the security flaws of the net and how to use them... one after another to pull off this con.... and they were just teenagers.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/defeating-hackers/

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

TV Series - Car Share

Just finished this really funny 6 part series from the BBC.

It got better by the episode. A real good show.

IMDB: When a supermarket issues a new car share scheme. Assistant Manager John Redmond (Peter Kay) and Promotions

Rep Kayleigh Kitson (Sian Gibson) are forced to commute together every day. But will they get along?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4635922/?ref_=nv_sr_1

There is absolutely <deleted> all on this week! Time for some binging..

With the exception of Friday's (Thursday in the USA) premiere (double episode) of Aquarius it's been a slow week.. Hannibal (season 3) is kicking off next week, which will fill some gaps but it's pretty bare at the moment...

• Like 1

why dont you just watch ' www.myiplayer.com/m its cool .

Several of the US channels I tried there have been removed due to copyright infringement. I suppose this will be an issue always with all these services.

Movie - Leviathan

I'm not sure if this one's been mentioned before.

Won this years Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film.
A really good movie.

IMDB: In a Russian coastal town, Kolya is forced to fight the corrupt mayor when he is told that
his house will be demolished. He recruits a lawyer friend to help, but the man's arrival brings further misfortune for Kolya and his family

• Like 2

Movie - Leviathan

A really good movie.

IMDB: In a Russian coastal town, Kolya is forced to fight the corrupt mayor when he is told that

his house will be demolished. He recruits a lawyer friend to help, but the man's arrival brings further misfortune for Kolya and his family

Rijit also mentioned this film the other week and it looks like a cracker. Good trailer and exceptinoal reviews on rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/leviafan/

Lining it up for tonight's viewing

• Like 2

Movie - Leviathan

A really good movie.

Rijit also mentioned this film the other week and it looks like a cracker. Good trailer and exceptinoal reviews on rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/leviafan/

Lining it up for tonight's viewing

watched it when it came out, but think i mentioned it recently,if your looking for another top movie to watch, then take a look at 'the hunt'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hunt_2013/

the director was one of dogma's forerunners and imo probably the best, doesn't go for the limelight like von trier, but regularly turns out good challenging films which include festen, which imo was one of the films of that decade

Edited by rijit

why dont you just watch ' www.myiplayer.com/m its cool .

Several of the US channels I tried there have been removed due to copyright infringement. I suppose this will be an issue always with all these services.

yeah, your right that's gonna be, tbh i only watch some sport and then only if i'm desperate, the people i know that use it regularly tend to want to watch

the bbc or itv

Just been watching the first 2 episodes of Aquarius, David Ducovny ?, X files,

Detective in the 60 s ,investigation Charlie Manson, some good clips of 60 s

music, brings back memories of the times,that were good for me,anyway.

regards worgeordie

I've watched the first episode and I'll watch the second in the morning... Charlie Manson eh... Deranged as <deleted>... But he had them lapping up every damn word...

Could be another for the top shelf..

• Like 1

Just watched the new movie,San Andreas,about an earthquake in LA, it gives a new meaning to Crap, don't waste an hour and a half 0 out of 10

Actually 0 out of 10 is far to high a score,and the acting and writing,is so bad I can't even explain,

Edited by i claudius

+1 for Aquarius - just watched E01. Duchovny's in good form.thumbsup.gif

yeah can see him really developing that charecter shows got potential lets hope it dont turn into just another 'cop show'
  • Like 2

Just watched the new movie,San Andreas,about an earthquake in LA, it gives a new meaning to Crap, don't waste an hour and a half 0 out of 10

Actually 0 out of 10 is far to high a score,and the acting and writing,is so bad I can't even explain,

mate dont you look them up b4 u 'donate' your time to them ?

yeah can see him really developing that charecter shows got potential lets hope it dont turn into just another 'cop show'

Watched the second episode of the double season opener, this is going to be twisted as <deleted>!

I was like W T F at the end of it...

• Like 1

I guess you watched San Andreas Quake. Conveniently released just around the time of the release of the blockbuster called San Andreas. The latter one with 'the Rock'. Not expecting too much of it but will certainly be better than the one you watched.

• Like 1

I guess you watched San Andreas Quake. Conveniently released just around the time of the release of the blockbuster called San Andreas. The latter one with 'the Rock'. Not expecting too much of it but will certainly be better than the one you watched.

That explains my confusion. I watched San Andreas with 'the Rock' and enjoyed it, IMDB rating of 6.7. Didn't know about San Andreas Quake and just looked at IMDB and rating 2.1, which is about as low I've seen a rating. biggrin.png

That explains my confusion. I watched San Andreas with 'the Rock' and enjoyed it, IMDB rating of 6.7. Didn't know about San Andreas Quake and just looked at IMDB and rating 2.1, which is about as low I've seen a rating. biggrin.png

Sometimes the B thing works. Like with Sharknado which gained cult status.

Talking about epic bad stuff. Check this out if you were a fan of bad 80's tv and movies;

Kung Fury; a 30 minutes tribute to the 80s. Link won't post but easily found on YouTube.

Edited by Gulfsailor

Watched the second episode of the double season opener, this is going to be twisted as <deleted>!

I was like W T F at the end of it...

&lt;deleted&gt;,,, just realised i watched episode 2 first.:angry:

• Like 2

Oh shit ,i downloaded the wrong movie , i thought the trailor i saw on the tv looked far better than the movie i watched , ,hangs head in shame!!!!!

• Like 2

Watched Turks and Caicos last night... Bill Nighy, Christopher Walken, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Feinnes (more of a cameo) and Winona Ryder - what's not to like about that cast? Ryder is still a minx...

Former MI-5 agent (Nighy) retires to Turks and Caicos (somewhat of a tax haven for the big end of town) following a somewhat dishonourable discharge from the Agency. Gets unknowingly brought into an operation by CIA Company Man (Walken) to take down a couple of the 1%ers from the big end of town including Number 10 Downing with the help of Ryder and Bonham Carter..

Thought it an easy watch and it was rather enjoyable, especially Nighy's character.. Class act.. Can't beat the way Walken carries on as well...

• Like 2