What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Seven into series two and finally IMo Tyrant is developing into the excellent drama that everyone suspected it could be, a little to late to turn it into the 'super god' category? maybe , but the run in for the end of series two is gonna be interesting and cant see them cutting it of at the that, so who knows.

It will be an interesting conclusion to the season... Especially if there's to be a re-uniting... It will certainly be awkward tongue.png Which generally makes for good TV...

yeah has to be a re uniting , just a case of whom to whom,, bang on someone gets killed any guess's, has to be a game changer and a decent lead on into the next series,, I'de go,,,, one of the sons.making the gap between the bro's greater and fiercer

• Like 1

Entourage - The boys are back next year.

Just love Ari Gold.

Watched this one recently.

Usual stuff, gorgeous woman and crude jokes.

I loved the series and thought this was pretty good.

Although quite a few people told me that Entourage is a good show, I never brought myself to watch it (even have the first season on DVD). So, I thought watching the movie is the ideal way to get into it. Unfortunately, I found it somehow a bit disappointing. I mean, it was not crap either but all in all the characters did not seem very appealing to me, somehow featureless I'd say. Though, I did like one thing: all these well known faces with their brief appearances, they were rather amusing. I guess, first the movie, then the show, is simply the wrong order.

• Like 1

Just love Ari Gold.

Although quite a few people told me that Entourage is a good show, I never brought myself to watch it (even have the first season on DVD). So, I thought watching the movie is the ideal way to get into it. Unfortunately, I found it somehow a bit disappointing. I mean, it was not crap either but all in all the characters did not seem very appealing to me, somehow featureless I'd say. Though, I did like one thing: all these well known faces with their brief appearances, they were rather amusing. I guess, first the movie, then the show, is simply the wrong order.

Yep, you should've watched season 1 first so you could understand the characters a bit more.

The premise and main character is loosely based on Mark Wahlberg's experiences as an up-and-coming film star.

• Like 2

Night Train to Lisbon (2013)

Great title! Sounds like something the late and VERY great Graham Greene would have penned. I was looking for something different, less violent and graphically sexual than my usual choices, and this one fit the specs. What's it "about?" Here, I cribbed this from IMDB, and it's accurate:

"About an aging Swiss professor of classical languages who, after a chance encounter with a Portuguese woman, quits his job and travels to Lisbon in the hope of discovering the fate of a certain author, a doctor and poet who fought against Portuguese dictator Antonio de Oliveira Salazar."

Speaking of IMDB, over 10,000 respondents gave this epic no love at all: 6 point 8! Harsh! Yes, they trashed this picture pretty good, and I doubt if you can even find it in the remainder racks. Sad.

How can you go wrong when your main star is the incomparable Jeremy Irons, who makes even the worst dreck shine, at least in the parts when he graces the screen. And making her entrance toward the end is the ageless, ever lovely Lena Olin, and in between you've got Bruno Ganz playing the ugly guy. Oh, and Christopher Lee ! as the ancient Catholic priest. Bille August is the director, and he has a decent rep. This movie is so Euro, the title comes on in German, (Nachtzug Nach Lissabon) even though the film is in English, with no subtitles on the copy I viewed. A pretentious touch, but different.

Jeremy plays a very decent older guy who impulsively follows his heart on a wild ride to a country we don't often see in movies. Maybe the key to enjoying it is to be "of a certain age", and able to clearly remember the 1970's. No problems here, I remember the 70's better than I remember yesterday!

NINE, but don't blame me if you think it's a turkey.

• Like 1

TV Series - British Gangsters: Faces of the Underworld Series 1

Really enjoyed this six part series although at times I think I needed subtitlestongue.png

IMDB: Villains, gangsters or "Faces" as they prefer to be called, are the men, gang and family members who have made headlines over

the past 50 years for all the wrong reasons. Some are household names: the Krays, the Richardsons, Paul Ferris, Frankie Fraser, Arthur Thompson and Vic Dark.

• Like 2

Everyone is familiar with the crimes of Myra Hindley & Ian Brady.

I stumbled upon this last night from ITV & watched it this morning:

See No Evil - The Moors Murders - Full Film - YouTube

Truly Evil!

Saw this one on the weekend, pretty harrowing stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not an avid reader but this book was every bit as frightening. Keith Bennett is still out there somewhere....

41U8Gb2EeDL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/372/dp/0593056922

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Finished the second season of Welcome to Sweden. I was very disappointed to hear that there will be no third season.

I must say, the show would have deserved better. But, what can you do?

• Like 1

They actually made a 12th (!) season of New Tricks. I watched the first episode and, surprisingly, it was not bad.

Well, it is summertime and the amount of great shows is, I’d say, manageable. So, why not watch some old men solving crimes the old way?

• Like 2

Four episodes in, I got used to Rectify again. I forgot how slow-motion works but the show reminded me that it does not have to be „rush rush“ all the time. To be honest, I think it is not really necessary to explore the characters much further. Concentrating on the crime might be an idea, though? And I had the impression that, recently, the Sheriff showed up more often…

• Like 2

Four episodes in, I got used to Rectify again. I forgot how slow-motion works but the show reminded me that it does not have to be rush rush all the time. To be honest, I think it is not really necessary to explore the characters much further. Concentrating on the crime might be an idea, though? And I had the impression that, recently, the Sheriff showed up more often

Don't forget that only something like 6 weeks has passed since Daniel got out of jail. At least that is what I read somewhere and it is the third season already , so that would be easy to forget.

• Like 2

Just love Ari Gold.

i watched the entire series on DVDs. Loved it as it always seemed fresh and fast paced. Humor is different for everybody but definitely struck my funny bone. Lloyd?!!
  • Like 2

Watching "Rooftop Prince". I wonder if anyone else here watches Korean Dramas They are quite addictive. I have a month to month through drama fever.com for 5.00 a month. Thailand is restricted so you have to go through a proxy server.

Looks like it's on kat with subs; is it worth watching?

They actually made a 12th (!) season of New Tricks. I watched the first episode and, surprisingly, it was not bad.

Well, it is summertime and the amount of great shows is, I’d say, manageable. So, why not watch some old men solving crimes the old way?

Is this the final season?

Warning to everyone. Do NOT binge watch New Tricks episodes...You will not get that theme song out of your head for weeks and weeks

• Like 2