What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

what the !!! are u on about!! its dark as in nil by mouth dark no happyness or lightness or humor unless you find misery funny?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Errrr.. It's not a sitcom, so why the <deleted> would you expect there to be any humour in it...

I've seen darker episodes of Saturday Night Live...

it was getting late and i was quite tired but not really enuf to justify turning 'finding taylor' off mid prog ' but i did,, cursing the plot !!! i`ll give it another go 2 moro but atm 4 me atm it's done. 2 say I'm disapointed would b putting it mildly.

Edited by rijit

I mentioned a series once before called inside no 9,it's now on series 2 and I just watched episode 2,I am rarely very moved by anything being an old cynic,but this at the end gave me goose bumps, maybe the best short story I have watched for a long long time,,give it a try

• Like 2

Gave up on T.V shows after lost, life on Mars and Breaking bad. Didn't think anything could top them.... Going through watching prison movies at the moment. Just watched Midnight express.. Again.

Try "Better call Saul"

Couldn't warm to it and after 3 episodes kicked it into touch.

Life on Mars excellent as was the movie Midnight Express.

• Like 2

It seems that when I download old TV shows from Youtube, I am only going to get a small 4''x 4'' on my computer screen.

It is so annoying and I'm missing a lot now, if people can't upload full screen shows, they should not bother uploading at all.

At present, I am on the 8th season watching the old Perry Mason series, I don't remember them as a kid.

I cannot get a lot of series 7 and 8 as the playback shows deformed heads. Those uploaders really need to get a

grip of themselves. Idiots.

american crime sort of meanders and you wonder where its heading but good enuf to keep you interested but so dark to dark tbh.

Dark? Really? You must be watching a different "American Crime" than I am... It's a pretty standard well trodden storyline... The junkies angle might get interesting mixed with the religion angle...

what the !!! are u on about!! its dark as in nil by mouth dark no happyness or lightness or humor unless you find misery funny?
I believe you are confusing "dark" (or in cinematic terms "noir") with "drama". AC is definitely not dark or noir - it is firmly a drama.
i think your confusing genre with my opinion on content.

It seems that when I download old TV shows from Youtube, I am only going to get a small 4''x 4'' on my computer screen.

It is so annoying and I'm missing a lot now, if people can't upload full screen shows, they should not bother uploading at all.

At present, I am on the 8th season watching the old Perry Mason series, I don't remember them as a kid.

I cannot get a lot of series 7 and 8 as the playback shows deformed heads. Those uploaders really need to get a

grip of themselves. Idiots.

it's free i take it?

Saw the first episode of season 7 of Nurse Jackie. While some people might not like the show I must admit that I really enjoyed it over all 6 seasons (even with Edie Falco with short hair, but I guess they had to do that, so she was not perceived as Ms. Soprano). Now with season 7 the mess continues and I find it great.

"Flawed characters" are very fancy these days but what they did with Nurse Jackie is way beyond "flawed". Now she is so messed up that I do not feel for her anymore, but more for the characters around her who constantly suffer from her lying and cheating. She will probably drag down some people into the gutter she obviously wants to live in. And even if she somehow manages to stage a comeback, her means will probably be anything but honest and serious. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

It's snuggle-time! The Dove-Keepers is the story of the Masada Siege through the eyes of the two surviving women. I made it through the first half of the first part (a CBS two-part film). It is amazing how much time these women had for romance and adultery in a rather shitty (sorry) environment. Very few battle scenes. The 10th Legion looked good, though. I vaguely remember the film from the 80s with Peter O'Toole. I think that would be a decent alternative to this TV-romance.

• Like 2

Saw the first episode of season 7 of Nurse Jackie. While some people might not like the show I must admit that I really enjoyed it over all 6 seasons (even with Edie Falco with short hair, but I guess they had to do that, so she was not perceived as Ms. Soprano). Now with season 7 the mess continues and I find it great.

"Flawed characters" are very fancy these days but what they did with Nurse Jackie is way beyond "flawed". Now she is so messed up that I do not feel for her anymore, but more for the characters around her who constantly suffer from her lying and cheating. She will probably drag down some people into the gutter she obviously wants to live in. And even if she somehow manages to stage a comeback, her means will probably be anything but honest and serious. Looking forward to it!

Season 7!

I watched the first season and a bit and lost interest. I might give it another go

• Like 1

And another mild disappointment (I did not really expect something convincing): Olympus on SyFy. Obviously catering to an age group I do not belong to anymore. Greek mythology theme. Everything is filmed in a studio, the rest is computer graphics. Sort of a "Once Upon a Time" but with more blood and brutality.

• Like 1

Just watched a Brit movie about Ireland and the troubles ,happens over 1 night its,called 71, worth watching ,actors all from Brit tv

yeah a reasonable watch, another couple of recent ish movies that may have slipped under the radar but imo worth a watch is 'The Drop' and 'a most violent year' both as i've said imo worth watching.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

Just watched a Brit movie about Ireland and the troubles ,happens over 1 night its,called 71, worth watching ,actors all from Brit tv

Other than the archive footage in the first few mins that was filmed from the likes of divis tower I found this had no resemblance whatsoever to Belfast or the British Army cira 1971. I tried to watch it a month ago but gave up after 30 mins. Absolutley everything was wrong, the makers screwed up big time on this one. Edited by evadgib

Other than the archive footage in the first few mins that was filmed from the likes of divis tower I found this had no resemblance whatsoever to Belfast or the British Army cira 1971. I tried to watch it a month ago but gave up after 30 mins. Absolutley everything was wrong, the makers screwed up big time on this one.

Well all movies made about the past are usually 100% correct we know because the film makers are out to educate us about the past their are not there to entertain us are they?thumbsup.gif lighten up its a movie.

Watched The Quiet American last night thanks to a TVF user recommending it to me. Really enjoyed it

That's a largely forgotten gem of a film starring Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser (his best work IMO).

Good film for SE Asia & Vietnam film buffs.

• Like 2

Other than the archive footage in the first few mins that was filmed from the likes of divis tower I found this had no resemblance whatsoever to Belfast or the British Army cira 1971. I tried to watch it a month ago but gave up after 30 mins. Absolutley everything was wrong, the makers screwed up big time on this one.

Well all movies made about the past are usually 100% correct we know because the film makers are out to educate us about the past their are not there to entertain us are they?thumbsup.gif lighten up its a movie.

My point related to historical accurracy & watchability. When it first came out I was expecting something that offerred a buildup to operation Motorman, internment or bloody Sunday. Edited by evadgib

My point related to historical accurracy & watchability. When it first came out I was expecting something that offerred a buildup to operation Motorman, internment or bloody Sunday.

seemed v watchable to me historically accurate?, its a film, primarily made to entertain us and for me it did, interesting how they cast it, remember listening to an interview with the director he cast some local 'non actors' i believe.

My point related to historical accurracy & watchability. When it first came out I was expecting something that offerred a buildup to operation Motorman, internment or bloody Sunday.

seemed v watchable to me historically accurate?, its a film, primarily made to entertain us and for me it did, interesting how they cast it, remember listening to an interview with the director he cast some local 'non actors' i believe.

the other thing to remember is recreating the past gets expensive,, this was a low budget film

If I was Don Draper, I would definitely do the same things that he does (and more, but with fewer emotions). smile.png Obviously the second half of the final season of Mad Men has started and like before, no really spectacular things happen but everything is executed so well that I don't want to stop watching. I really do hope that they find a happy ending for the characters. I particularly do not want Draper to be disassembled until he looks like a total looser. Nowadays, I am afraid that something like that could actually happen on TV. Well, currently he is on top of his game (the diner!), please, let him stay that way.

Tv Series - The Red Road

This is a six part series and I'm half way through it.

Really enjyoing it so far.

Season 2 is being released later this month.

IMDB: Revolves around a sheriff struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities:

the small town where he grew up and the neighboring Ramapo Mountains, home of the Ramapo Mountain Indians.

After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the sheriff's wife, an unholy alliance is forged between the sheriff

and a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2505072/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

[media][/media]

Edited by Will27

TV Series - Bnei Aruba AKA Hostages

I'm 2 episodes in and I think I've found one here gang.

Not to be confused with the US series starring Dylan McDermott, this one is from Israel.

IMDB: The night before a high profile operation on the PM, the surgeon due to perform the procedure is surprised

at her family home by four masked men. The gang quickly take control of her and her family and order her to kill the PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3242480/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8BQ1KuoSyyc

watched 4 episodes and didn't want to watch any more

after seeing it had a decent rotten tomatoe score and a decent imdb score Unfortunately I watched keanu Reeves latest 'john wick 'annoyed.gif which

about summed up all thats f--cked up with Hollywood film.

and later watched 'incendies ' for the 2 nd time . and IMO this showed t a lot of things that are good about cinema!!!!, , After their mother dies, to fulfill the her wish's, a brother and sister go bac to her homeland and uncover some of her past, IMO an excellent film. Well worth watching even on the second time around.