What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

10 new U.S. TV shows to watch... http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150826-ten-new-us-tv-shows-to-watch

Few of them look worth (at least) watching the 1st couple of episodes

For me, shows 1, 2 & 5 I'll pass on, maybe 4 as well but I'll give it a go for an episode or two... The rest looking forward to seeing them start having already seen a couple of the pilots...

10 new U.S. TV shows to watch... http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150826-ten-new-us-tv-shows-to-watch

For me, shows 1, 2 & 5 I'll pass on, maybe 4 as well but I'll give it a go for an episode or two... The rest looking forward to seeing them start having already seen a couple of the pilots...

Which pilots?

I've got to say that I had serious reservations around watching this series of suits after the last one which i considered to be poor, and that's being kind, However, longstanding loyalty rolleyes.gif habit , call it as u wish, i persevered, and was worth it suits , imo is once again at the top ish end of the tv drama tree, long may it last.wai2.gif

Edited by rijit

Which pilots?

Blindspot released the pilot episode a few weeks back.. Supergirl also released the pilot episode a while back, but not going to watching it when it kicks off...

• Like 1

I've got to say that I had serious reservations around watching this series of suits after the last one which i considered to be poor, and that's being kind, However, longstanding loyalty rolleyes.gif habit , call it as u wish, i persevered, and was worth it suits , imo is once again at the top ish end of the tv drama tree, long may it last.wai2.gif

Have you watched the latest episode? I didn't think you'd be a fan of it based on your previous dislike for that particular format... Really looking forward to the last 6 episodes of the season when it returns...

Good news is it has been renewed for a 6th season and the creator is confident that there'll be a 7th, 8th and possibly 9th season ahead.

Great little insight to what's going on down at Suits... Beware; unless you've seen last nights episode then there's a couple of

HUGE SPOILERS!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/suits-midseason-finale-spoilers-aaron-817505

Have you watched the latest episode? I didn't think you'd be a fan of it based on your previous dislike for that particular format... Really looking forward to the last 6 episodes of the season when it returns...

Good news is it has been renewed for a 6th season and the creator is confident that there'll be a 7th, 8th and possibly 9th season ahead.

Great little insight to what's going on down at Suits... Beware; unless you've seen last nights episode then there's a couple of

HUGE SPOILERS!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/suits-midseason-finale-spoilers-aaron-817505

Tbh grant all i want in drama is decent story telling and this season of suits imo got bac to basics and did it well enuf to keepy attention the last season imo didnt. However there are only so many partners challenges and inhouse bickers that that a decent story line can take and seems they are gonna move it on as opposed to finishing the story which sometimes is best.

rijit

Yeah I'm with you on the 'partner vote' thing rijit, that's kind of annoyed me as has that Jack Soloff character but I guess that was the only way they could've re-inserted Hardman back into the storyline. Hopefully we'll get to see what Hardman has over Soloff.

I also liked the 'banter' between Harvey's therapist and Donna... Was clever...

Yeah agreed grant the aserbicly sharp banter

has always been one of the the best parts of the show as has the.development of the charecters ,, ive huge amounts of empathy with.them. However if the show had a problem than it was development of the plot, it had sort of got stuck could mike fall out with anyone.else?.harvey win anymore big clients/ cases .or how much longer could mike do 'his thing' 4 without all being too repetative?.cant imagine 'the good wifes plot getting caught like that, why ? Maybe cos they are constantly moving it on and

developing the plot and expanding the charecters depth and maybe not restricting the plot to one majorly memorable location helped. But as i said this series has put it right back up there again and am looking forward. To some more.decent twists and turns in the remaining episodes whenever they decide to release them.

rijit

Suits...again

That Hollywood Reporter site that someone said had HUGE SPOILERS? It definitely did have that! Told us all what happens in the last episode before hiatus. Naturally, I had to read it all, but DON'T WORRY, I WON'T repeat any of it here.

HOWEVER, if you are not up to date read no further!

Now, I know you True Blue Suits fans are all caught up to the penultimate (next to last) episode, so you know the firm is being heartlessly roughed up by a Triple Bad Guy Tag Team: Soloft, HARDMAN! (He's Back!) , and whatever SuperCreepTainted Money Guy Eric Roberts' character is called. Dig that Club Med "prison" he landed in!

And then for Fluff Factor you've got the Mike & Rachel Upcoming Nuptials, which are imperiled. (Again, I ask you, is there a worse actress in Big Time TV today than Megan Markle? If so, who? Talk about the Weakest Link!)

We haven't seen enough of Louis being a great lawyer this time. Instead, he got all destroyed about Harvey balling his sister, ("Root" from Person of Interest, not playing a lesbian this time!) What's that about??

The creator of this wacky circus says he would like to keep it going for three more seasons. I think we would all be OK with that, as long as the quality stays up.

Donna Forever!

Ten & 1/2 with lawsuits flying everywhere!

• Like 1

surprised the bbc didnt mention this one http://www.metacritic.com/tv/narcos

Basically the story of cocaine from Columbia how the cops tried to stop it and how Pablo Escobar, went from zero 2 nero biggrin.png

hooked from the first episode burp.gif

Saw the first three episodes so far and will certainly continue watching. I think the acting was a bit poor in the beginning but improved later. The story (including a bit of action) and the story telling compensated for that, though. In cricket terms: not a duck (can one say that?).

• Like 1

Public Morals (?)

Saw the pilot episode and it appears we have another police show that favors style over substance. Full of stock characters and plotlines we have seen again and again. And who can buy Timothy Hutton as any kind of mob boss?

If we long to see shows about NYPD in the Sixties, it would be better and cheaper to show vintage episodes of The Naked City. (in glorious Black and White!) That was a quality production, and an all time classic.

This one is going away soon, I think.

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

Married: Quite a funny opening episode, could be quite predictable (given the stereotypes), but funny nonetheless.

Completely forgot about this one and more or less accidentally watched an episode of season 2 of Married. Then I remembered that I did not like the first episode; the "weak husband under the thumb of a bitchy wife"-theme is rather exhausted and irritating. But I was obviously completely wrong. The wife is as awkward as her husband and has actually a rather good sense of humour, not to mention their weirdo-friends. I am really enjoying this one. A harmless little show that helps me surviving the tv-sommer-depression.

• Like 1

Life after people , i watched this a few years ago on tv ,and liked it very much , you can download series one and two where you get you a-- kicked . its actually quite a fascinating series about what would happen to the planet if there were no more humans and we just died out overnight .

• Like 1

Tv Series - The Trials of Jimmy Rose

A 3 part series about ex-con and former gangster Jimmy Rose, who gets out of jail after serving 12 years for armed robbery,

and finds his family have been getting on well without him.

I'm a big Ray Winstone fan and enjoyed episode 1 of this series.

Many thanks ,big ray winston fan

• Like 1

Basically the story of cocaine from Columbia how the cops tried to stop it and how Pablo Escobar, went from zero 2 nero biggrin.png

Saw the first three episodes so far and will certainly continue watching. I think the acting was a bit poor in the beginning but improved later. The story (including a bit of action) and the story telling compensated for that, though. In cricket terms: not a duck (can one say that?).

I'm 3 episodes in and really enjoying this one.

The amounts of money involved is mind boggling.

• Like 2

I'm watching Time Team on Channel 4 . I'm interested in history and archeology so I just love this show ,

They made more than 200 episodes between 1993 - 2013 so it takes some time for me to see them all.

This is much more interesting than watching a lousy Hollywood movie.

Edited by balo

at one point they reckoned bigger than general motors and without offering spoilers, in one deal they offered to pay Columbia foreign debt off,,, <deleted> !!!!

tbh the more i'm watching it, the more i'm getting pissed with the good old us of a , just f-cking bizzare they were intent on stopping an industry that the people in their country wanted and were paying large for and that if escobar had his way would probably have lifted parts of a piss poor continent out of poverty, IMO note IMO they are just wrong on every count.

• Like 1

at one point they reckoned bigger than general motors and without offering spoilers, in one deal they offered to pay Columbia foreign debt off,,, <deleted> !!!!

tbh the more i'm watching it, the more i'm getting pissed with the good old us of a , just f-cking bizzare they were intent on stopping an industry that the people in their country wanted and were paying large for and that if escobar had his way would probably have lifted parts of a piss poor continent out of poverty, IMO note IMO they are just wrong on every count.

Well, it was the eighties. Cocaine, at least in these amounts, was new and people probably saw a huge danger to society by that stuff. At that time I thought that Alcohol does a lot of damage, so a second socially accepted drug would simply be too much for us. I changed my mind completely over the next thirty years. Now I think that the majority of users are probably able to control drugs like the majority of people are able to control alcohol. So, legalizing drugs is a serious option, I think. But one should consider that once the Jeannie is out of the bottle it will be impossible to pull her back in.

Anyway, I like the show. Good action. Murderers chasing murderers, only that one side can call themselves police. Also the archive footage does not disturb. It reminds me that quite some stuff they show actually happened.

• Like 1

I'm really liking Narcos, as are a lot of punters here, but I think (maybe Frank will chime in and agree with me) that this is somewhat of a glorification of the war on drugs - seeing cocaine or Pablo Escobar as some kind of martyr...

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but Escobar seems to be so romanticised, like some kind of pride piper...

Either way, great docu-drama series...

• Like 1

Good to also see Ray Ray getting back to what he does best... Fixing shit up.. I'm also holding faint hope that Micky won't &lt;deleted&gt; everything up...

Another show that's kicked off under the radar, starring Patrick Stewart, Mr Blunt... Two episodes in.. Hooked.. Damn funny...