What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The Night Manager threw in a nice bonus today…they released both the penultimate and final episode today so you can binge. Ep 5 and 6 are out at the usual places.

The Night Manager

There have been many great adaptations of John LeCarre's works over the years, and this one ranks as one of the best, alongside The Spy Who came in from the Cold (still holds up wonderfully); The Constant Gardener; Tinker Tailor/Smiley's People (featuring the immortal Sir Alec Guiness); and The Tailor of Panama, to name a few.

Anybody catch the cameo appearance of Mr. JLC Himself in the most recent episode? Aw come on, that's NOT a spoiler!!

Tom Hiddleston is a great actor, who is almost too handsome for his own good. I think it would be a mistake for him to join the James Bond parade.

TEN, and look out for that little rat, Corky!

The Night Manager threw in a nice bonus today…they released both the penultimate and final episode today so you can binge. Ep 5 and 6 are out at the usual places.

The Night Manager

There have been many great adaptations of John LeCarre's works over the years, and this one ranks as one of the best, alongside The Spy Who came in from the Cold (still holds up wonderfully); The Constant Gardener; Tinker Tailor/Smiley's People (featuring the immortal Sir Alec Guiness); and The Tailor of Panama, to name a few.

Anybody catch the cameo appearance of Mr. JLC Himself in the most recent episode? Aw come on, that's NOT a spoiler!!

Tom Hiddleston is a great actor, who is almost too handsome for his own good. I think it would be a mistake for him to join the James Bond parade.

the recent A Most Wanted Man also comes to mind

I thought the revelation of the entire series was Hugh Laurie….a superb bad guy if there ever was one….nasty and articulate….very very convincing.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 2

I thought the revelation of the entire series was Hugh Laurie….a superb bad guy if there ever was one….nasty and articulate….very very convincing.

personally i don't think j l c stories.justify making films or transfer Over well to modern day settings.. But the books are best sellers. Available and he's well known so that In itself is generally enuf To attract investors but tbh i expected better From the bbc.

As for hugh Laurie

Yeah he was just Hugh Laurie a middle aged ex.public school boy. the part could have been written for him.

Shot in some stunning locations.and with an array of expensive props The show Must have been hugely expensive to make,, worth the

money? imo no.

Yet Despite some glaring holes a reasonable watching experience . 5 maybe 6 out of 10 for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anybody watching "Better call Saul"?

So far I don't think it lives up to Breaking Bad.

Doesn't even come close. I gave it about 6 episodes before I gave it away.

That was my experience with it too.

I started off all hot n heavy, along with my eldest daughter who's my tv buddy. But sad to say we both wilted around episode 5 or 6...haven't been back

I didn't realize Hawaii five O had been remade until I stumbled upon E1 while looking for something else.

It struck me as "Criminal Minds" with the tidal wave & original tune :)

You got some catching up..I think were on season 6 or 7.

I confess I'm a sucker for these shows, well most of them. I like Hawaii 5 0, blends a nice bit of humor with the action.

Doesn't hurt that it has the uber sexy Grace Park...I still have dreams of her in her Cylon persona!

• Like 1

I didn't realize Hawaii five O had been remade until I stumbled upon E1 while looking for something else.

It struck me as "Criminal Minds" with the tidal wave & original tune smile.png

I confess I'm a sucker for these shows, well most of them. I like Hawaii 5 0, blends a nice bit of humor with the action.

Doesn't hurt that it has the uber sexy Grace Park...I still have dreams of her in her Cylon persona!

I tried watching it ,but to be honest it was just added to my list of American junk rubbish series , such a shame when America turns out such wonderful series like breaking bad , boston legal and dexter .

Hawaii five O (the remake) is posting Series 6 (latest episode is 17) at the minute in the usual places. i believe this was first released to the TV networks in 2010 (?).

I find that it is pretty well done, always with a longer running story in the background of the episodes as seems to be standard with all series now-a-days...........................wink.png

Agree with all the positive comments on The Night Manager, just watched the conclusion (episode 6) last night.

To be honest, i nearly binned it after watching episode 1, really glad i didn't...................wink.png

• Like 1

Seems like an endless pile of loose threads...Mike's story, Kim's story, Chuck and his electric phobia, etc.

I keep waiting for the show to start! Jimmy becomes Saul, teams with Mike, gets down to biz. Maybe we get to see the rise of Los Pollos Hermanos? Get on with it, please.

• Like 1

her name sounds like somewhere you take the kids on a sunday afternoon, i loved her in battlestar, but 5'O' is such rubbish.

criminal minds - well i think about trying it but never get around to it,

mr selfridge - lastest season seems a fit far fetched, but jeremy piven is great loved him as Ari Gold,

outsiders - very good,

Jericho - seemed ok at first,

shades of blue - looked good but doesn't grab me to watch after ep 5,

underground - watched 2 epsodes i am liking it,

the amazing race - well amazing

11.22.63 - seems good

Billions - well just gripping he plays the part so well , and he's a brit

New one for scandi crime series lovers...and its a cracker.

Bedrag aka Follow The Money....10 episode drama on the shady goings on in a green energy firm.

Written by the same chap who wrote Borgen, so quality assured.

Sno has 2 episodes up but all 10 are available thru other sources....subs on subscene.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Seems like an endless pile of loose threads...Mike's story, Kim's story, Chuck and his electric phobia, etc.

I keep waiting for the show to start! Jimmy becomes Saul, teams with Mike, gets down to biz. Maybe we get to see the rise of Los Pollos Hermanos? Get on with it, please.

I am about to give up on Better call Saul, so what is a series to get into?

I really liked LOST and Breaking Bad.

I am about to give up on Better call Saul, so what is a series to get into?

I really liked LOST and Breaking Bad.

Ray Donovan, The Strain, Banshee, The Americans, Happy Valley, Fargo (TV), True Detective.

• Like 1

Agree with all the positive comments on The Night Manager, just watched the conclusion (episode 6) last night.

To be honest, i nearly binned it after watching episode 1, really glad i didn't...................wink.png

I'm watching 6 right now. Oddly enough, after I watched episode 1 I nearly binged on the next 3 episodes the next night but decided to hold back. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Latest seasons of:

Shameless - Very Good

Gotham - Ok

Supergirl - not my usual interest, but my son likes it, an it is watchable

Then new:

Limitless - Story starting to wear thin, but will keep watching

Vinyl - Very Good

11.22.63 - Very Good, but waiting for the wheels to fall off.

Lucifer - Average, still watching.

Damien - Not sure. 2nd episode and still watching - could develop.

Magicians - Can't stand anymore, made it to episode 5, not sure they have a story really. Butterfly Guy is the boogeyman?

We got another season or so before that starts I suppose. Has a lot of potential but will need some great scripting to avoid a flop as the concept here isn't nearly as compelling as Breaking Bad's. Maybe they're hoping that a massing of background interest will carry it.

Still, I'm liking what we have, such as it is, look forward to watching the latest episode every week.

They are just about starting to, for me.

It's losing focus….gettting into all sorts of irrelevant blind alleys instead of the Kennedy plot, which is where the fun is.

They are just about starting to, for me.

It's losing focus….gettting into all sorts of irrelevant blind alleys instead of the Kennedy plot, which is where the fun is.

It follows the book fairly closely, same sub plots.