What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I watched the latest Blacklist with my coffee this morning. And The Following with my first glass of wine this afternoon. I am a bit pissed off that the others on my list are on holiday until the end of the month....

Must get back to Hannibal, after all the whoo haa about True Detective and how wonderful it was, i feel Hannibal was left on the back burner.

I'm downloading the first series of Bates Motel - never seen it. So may have another epic "i'll just watch another episode' all nighter,

Check - got coffee

Check - got ciggies

Check - got wine

Good to go!!

• Like 2

I'm sick of vampires, witches, futuristic crap. Practically every new series or movie is just that. I know, it sells etc.

Which is why i stick to my CSI, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, The Following and the two Chicagos. Not forgetting Greys Anatomy which i have watched from day one.

So there!!

I like a good story line that i can "relate" to, not some fantasy monster that doesn't exist...

(I shall be looking under my bed tonight, and checking the windows). Just in case.

You go Patsycat!

You're going to love the latest episode of The Blacklist!

The Following is grinding to a halt, BUT, the good news for BookMan is that not too much of the first series frustrations persist wink.png Latest episode ALMOST had me ready to stop watching but the first 5 mins of next weeks episode will be watched tongue.png

Crisis continues to improve as well

Oh and Hannibal! This is also improving.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm going to go and watch that episode you suggested today...just so I can b*#ch about the show again tongue.png

• Like 1

I watched the latest Blacklist with my coffee this morning. And The Following with my first glass of wine this afternoon. I am a bit pissed off that the others on my list are on holiday until the end of the month....

Must get back to Hannibal, after all the whoo haa about True Detective and how wonderful it was, i feel Hannibal was left on the back burner.

I'm downloading the first series of Bates Motel - never seen it. So may have another epic "i'll just watch another episode' all nighter,

Check - got coffee

Check - got ciggies

Check - got wine

Good to go!!

Sure you're not forgetting the Pringles are you Patsycatw00t.gif

No pringles here with my fine Swiss wine in a box (cheap, three quid for 2 litres), just some bits of chocolate bunny ears. And cheese and guacamole.

Anyway, watched two episodes of Bates Motel, not bad,

Edited by Patsycat

Regarding both Bates Motel & Hannibal, I dropped them both. 2nd season of Hannibel just went downhill & started dragging badly IMO, and Bates got off too dramatic off the original great premise as inspired by the original.

Heres a blast from the past for the Brits. I downloaded Midsomer Murders, all 15 seasons. Watched the first two seasons. IIf you like sunday evening old fashioned detectives with the scenery from our green and pleasant land you will like this.

• Like 2

Regarding both Bates Motel & Hannibal, I dropped them both. 2nd season of Hannibel just went downhill & started dragging badly IMO, and Bates got off too dramatic off the original great premise as inspired by the original.

Agree that Hannibal was dying a slow death for a number of episodes, but, given recent events I think it's also turned a corner.

Heres a blast from the past for the Brits. I downloaded Midsomer Murders, all 15 seasons. Watched the first two seasons. IIf you like sunday evening old fashioned detectives with the scenery from our green and pleasant land you will like this.

I didnt know it had run for so many seasons.

Watching teh show, I often thought this small area must have the highest murder rate in the world

I didnt know it had run for so many seasons.

Watching teh show, I often thought this small area must have the highest murder rate in the world

Talk about stretching suspension of disbelief, I think Miami must have more serial mass murderer Hannibal Lecter types than any place or time in history based on Dexter. wink.png

**edit: and sleepy Albuquerque the most meth heads in the world based on Breaking Bad.

Edited by keemapoot

I'm going to go and watch that episode you suggested today...just so I can b*#ch about the show again tongue.png

Hahah wouldn't have it any other way biggrin.png

Jeez, that was an awful episode...I googled it and apparently it was the equal lowest rating episode for the series.

For anyone who hasn't watched season 2 of The Following (and i have watched only 1 episode of season 2) the basic premise now seems that there are there two 'families' of serial/thrill killers, whose followers are on a nationwide terror hunt, murdering people and law enforcement persons all over the country.

As you would expect, the nationwide manhunt in response consists of 2 people, who despite police procedural training, fail to call for back up, look behind closed doors, nullify threats, cover each others backs ecetera.c

Not sure if it was already mentioned, now too many posts to go through, but watching HBO's "True Detective". It's the best 'written, screenplay, acting' Drama I've seen since "Breaking Bad". Matthew McConaughey is superb.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It was a great series.

Don't know if there is to be a season 2, and if so will it be new actors and storyline?

I finally got around to watching that first season of True Detective. I agree it's the best drama I've seen since Breaking Bad (I'd rank BB 2nd best ever), and the 3rd best series I've ever seen ranking Sopranos as first. I know this is all very premature based on only one season, but I'm pretty sure Mathew McConoughey will be nominated and win an Emmy for best actor, and wouldn't be surprised if Woody Harrelson did too. Yeah, it might be new storylines and actors for each season, with rumors of Benicio del Toro on the IMDB discussion boards.

Edited by keemapoot
  • Like 1

Now, i have never watched Breaking Bad. But due to being tortured to the extent of asphyxiation i have actually downloaded it.

I shall report back.

You are in for a treat, forget about doing anything for the next month there are 8 series I think, never watched Breaking Bad, you will be saying you never watched Game Of Thrones next lol

• Like 1

Now, i have never watched Breaking Bad. But due to being tortured to the extent of asphyxiation i have actually downloaded it.

I shall report back.

You are in for a treat, forget about doing anything for the next month there are 8 series I think, never watched Breaking Bad, you will be saying you never watched Game Of Thrones next lol

Hmmmm..... There was one series with five seasons. Season 5 had two parts.

I was enthralled for every minute of it. For me, it blows Game of Thrones away.

So many great previous & current series out there. Such as & including completed HBO's "The Wire"; then unknown if continuing "Boardwalk Empire" & is continuing "Game of Thrones" (a given Must); Showtime's "Ray Donovan"; AMC's "Hell on Wheels", "The Walking Dead", "The Killing"; then the rest, "House of Cards" (Kevin Spacey), "Boss" (Kelsey Grammer). From what I heard, the current TV Series adaptation of the movie "Fargo", of which the series is of the same name is a must get.

• Like 1

Hahah wouldn't have it any other way biggrin.png

Jeez, that was an awful episode...I googled it and apparently it was the equal lowest rating episode for the series.

For anyone who hasn't watched season 2 of The Following (and i have watched only 1 episode of season 2) the basic premise now seems that there are there two 'families' of serial/thrill killers, whose followers are on a nationwide terror hunt, murdering people and law enforcement persons all over the country.

As you would expect, the nationwide manhunt in response consists of 2 people, who despite police procedural training, fail to call for back up, look behind closed doors, nullify threats, cover each others backs ecetera.c

Hahahaha love it!

C'mon BM, at least they're doing it together now as opposed to going off on their own :P plus, Ryan's niece is a fox.

Plus the psycho twins! They're totally unhinged! :P

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Not sure if it was already mentioned, now too many posts to go through, but watching HBO's "True Detective". It's the best 'written, screenplay, acting' Drama I've seen since "Breaking Bad". Matthew McConaughey is superb.

It was a great series.

Don't know if there is to be a season 2, and if so will it be new actors and storyline?

I finally got around to watching that first season of True Detective. I agree it's the best drama I've seen since Breaking Bad (I'd rank BB 2nd best ever), and the 3rd best series I've ever seen ranking Sopranos as first. I know this is all very premature based on only one season, but I'm pretty sure Mathew McConoughey will be nominated and win an Emmy for best actor, and wouldn't be surprised if Woody Harrelson did too. Yeah, it might be new storylines and actors for each season, with rumors of Benicio del Toro on the IMDB discussion boards.

oz893 mentions it a few posts after yours: The Wire.

Brilliant show, well worth a watch

Couple of movies fresh off the carousel

The Patrol

5.5/10 from me

Written and directed by Tom Petch, ex-Army, The Patrol takes a piercing look at the conflict in Afghanistan through the eyes of a British Army patrol who, alongside the Afghan Army, are fighting the Taliban, an invisible, deadly enemy. When a Special Forces Operation prompts a Taliban counter attack in Helmand Province the unit's three day patrol hits double figures. Faced with low ammunition, injury and rising tensions under the command of a captain who is out of touch with his men, the exhausted, disillusioned soldiers question their role in the war (rotten tomatoes review)

The Extraction.

Action martial arts style movie. Lot of decent fight scenese but a case of same same and not very well done. 3/10 from me

Danny Glover, Sean Astin, and Vinnie Jones headline this independent martial arts action thriller following a U.S. Black ops agent named Mercy on his mission to extract a criminal from a maximum security Chechen prison. When the mission goes awry, Mercy and his target must fight their way out of a prison filled with violent convicts, and prevent a major arms dealer from carrying out a deadly attack on innocent civilians.

Edited by BookMan

It's pretty amazing that many, if not most of these "best ever" series seem to come out of HBO. I guess in the old days of network TV in the USA, before cable there really wasn't an opportunity to make "movie-quality" TV series. If you think back to the days before cable (if you're old enough smile.png ) in thinking about best ever series what comes to mind?

Mash (but Alan Alda got tiring and obnoxious toward the end)

I dunno, Dallas, Denver (soaps really but fun)

Columbo

And going wayyyy back, my all time favorite: Perry Mason.

What else?

Edited by keemapoot

I don't know about you lot but everytime i read this very long thread (and i enjoy it) it's always is in the back of my mind ,here we are in the land of eternal sunshine ,for many of us ,close to the beach and bars with lots of amazing young women ,just waiting to take us to bed , and many of us with wive's young enough to be out daughters ,and what do we discuss --------what television progs we want to see; if only our "old" friends back home stuck in their cold, soulless homes ,many of them alone ,could see us now.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm sick of vampires, witches, futuristic crap. Practically every new series or movie is just that. I know, it sells etc.

Which is why i stick to my CSI, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, The Following and the two Chicagos. Not forgetting Greys Anatomy which i have watched from day one.

So there!!

I like a good story line that i can "relate" to, not some fantasy monster <deleted> that doesn't exist...

(I shall be looking under my bed tonight, and checking the windows). Just in case.

I don't mind a bit of wolves and vampires stuff if it's done well

I watched a couple of that 'Bitten' that someone mentioned here ... urgh, not for me. Very slow starting and nothing grabbed me

I do like Vampire Diaries and The Originals though but they're good stories. I liked early True Blood too but it's really outlived it's welcome

I quite like Grimm, a twist on the police procedural

Just finished 2nd series of Banshee, which I like a lot

• Like 1

A new series from welsh tv looks quite good ,its called Hinterland, just downloaded it from PB ,going to give it a whirl ,unfortunatly this afternoon had to sit through "Enders Game" ,our son loved it and downloaded it especially so we could watch itcoffee1.gif ,basically Harrison Ford ,complete with wrinkles and a teenage boy ,saving the universe.

• Like 1

A new series from welsh tv looks quite good ,its called Hinterland, just downloaded it from PB ,going to give it a whirl ,unfortunatly this afternoon had to sit through "Enders Game" ,our son loved it and downloaded it especially so we could watch itcoffee1.gif ,basically Harrison Ford ,complete with wrinkles and a teenage boy ,saving the universe.

Hinterland looks interesting, ill give that a go

• Like 1

Death Wish III with Charles Bronson.

Now there is a cult classic series...The original Death Wish is the best...I might re watch it and see if it stands up okay

Watched Deathwish whle doing some work on the PC.

Interestingly it has early career appearances from jeff Goldblum and Denzel Washington, who both play muggers.