Would You Like To See Thailand Fail ?

Vespa

How many would like to see the floor drop out ?

I was always taught to "Clap The Winner" when deserved.

But I would not mind sitting back and watching all the wai giving ass kissers having to bob down and kiss it goodbye.

Edited by Vespa

There is no way I would like to see them failing, but it seems they are going on the wrong way and very few thais realize it, let alone doing something about it.

The truth is that they do need a lesson, but I'm afraid this one is too harsh and the consequences will be way too severe.

About Thailand becoming a new Singapore, that I wouldn't mind, they could be better than Singapore, they have more resources, they're a bigger country, just try and see people more educated and the cities cleaner, less corruption and more hobest people, it would be a paradise, unfortunately this would be too good to be true...

Im not sure I understand the purpose of this thread? what is the point of it? fail? in what way? to waht avail? for what purpose? Im truly baffled by this question..mainly why would anyone even think about wanting an entire nation to 'fail'? whatever you mean by that....

wouldnt even go further into ....oh nevermind.......

What a stupid question, though reading the threads in the finance section it appears there are many here who would rather see Thailand crash and burn so they can get an extra B10 for the dollar than see Thailand and her people prosper.

Personaly i think these people are lowlifes to live amongst the people and claim they like them and the country but secretly (or openly on the www) wanting the country to colapse.

SCUM.

apples and oranges ,

Bangkok and the South are way overpriced already

Sad but indeed, true.

I'd like to see certain *individuals* get a big lesson, but things just don't work that way here. The people who pay are almost always innocent of the wrongdoing.

Spot on. Apparently those individuals turned into vicious animals and yes, the people who pay are always, no matter where on the world, the innocent ones. History showed us that changes were always paid for by the people who would not be there to see the better future or worst, a worst one :o

i know what you mean vespa,...back in 1997 i remember in my small village some locals were having a small festival celebratng the strength of the baht ,...they had made a paper mache tiger representing the asian tiger economies.....it was eating up the US dollar....they clearly wanted the west to fail....2 weeks later no sign of them as the baht crashed!...HA..HA...HA....serves them right....same lot suppoted thaksin by the way.....

i know what you mean vespa,...back in 1997 i remember in my small village some locals were having a small festival celebratng the strength of the baht ,...they had made a paper mache tiger representing the asian tiger economies.....it was eating up the US dollar....they clearly wanted the west to fail....2 weeks later no sign of them as the baht crashed!...HA..HA...HA....serves them right....same lot suppoted thaksin by the way.....

The present doesn't look better either, let alone the future :o

Fail economically?

Of course!

My money would buy me more, and more than 90% of the Thaipopulation wouldn't even recognize any changes in their lives :o .

Don't be so sure that would help farangs. To overcome the hardship, watch double pricing magically turn into quadruple pricing.

I think if many of us were really honest, we would admit we don't want them to succeed too much and too fast. How many of us would still be here if overnight Thailand had the cost levels of Japan or France?

That is no nonsense talk,a bit sarcastic,but so trough.

I would like to see the new airport fail so we can all go back to using Don Muang...

And yet, another brainfart :o

At least some of us have a brain

Unfortunately you do not have one. Can we please stay on topic here?

All of my income comes in the shape of Baht - and all of my expenses are paid in Baht ... I'm not sure: What does "Thailand fails" actually mean? Does it mean that foreigners (90% of my customers) can't afford to come here? Does it mean that Thailand's export will go down into the drain? What the heck does OP mean, really?

No. Not at all. But Thailand seems determined to repeat past mistakes and never seems to have the will for change; or the political will to take some stiff medicine.

I love this country and the people, but sadly and selfishly I feel that if a lot of things I don't like about this country changed radically overnight, then all the things I like about here would be gone too.