Swiss man, 71, falls to his death from eighth floor

webfact

1 minute ago, thairookie said:

The condo will become haunted.  Spare a thought for the landlord.  If you wish to jump, find a neutral location.

I doubt if the landlord is going to make the suicide known to his new tenant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

That is obviously true but you will only find out if there is no solution without first seeking one. 

Maybe that's already been done by the jumper, we will never know. Why prolong life if you live in constant pain or clinical depression?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I always suspect very few of the 'jumpers' actually jumped.

More like fell or were pushed.

But suicide is a popular and convenient explanation for all concerned, police don't need to investigate, insurance doesn't need to pay, holidaymakers aren't discouraged from visiting. 'Jumping' is a win win conclusion for all involved (except the victim, and who really cares about an old foreigner).

Little reason to make such sweeping statements. We know two things: 

1. Suicide rates are often the highest among the middle aged and elderly.
  2. Thailand attracts a disproportionate number of expats/retirees with mental health issues (this is at least the case among Britons, but probably applies to other Europeans - see <click here>)

Put those facts together and there's no reason to be so conspiratorial/paranoid about the 'apparent' suicides that are so often reported here... 

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I can agree it is maybe some few who get pushed, but really, think about it? You old, little money, your little thing doesnt give you joy anymore, going to the bar you realize your friends is only speaking about they daily problems, world problems, finding new hate objects, and this have been going on for years in a loop. People start dying around you, and life is miserable, and you start thinking about what you should have done 20 years ago first time you sat your as on that bar chair. Just an example! Could have been 5 years ago for what I care. 

I know when I get older, lonely, used abused no money, no hope, no family I will also end it myselves. But as far as I am concerned, I can start avoiding that now while I can. 

Well yes, sad but (likely) very true for many. At least as far as we know (murder conspiracists aside), he chose his own time, place and method.  And I must say, that Camry seems to have stood up pretty well to the impact of a 70/80 kg weight hitting it from 8 storeys up. 

1 minute ago, maximillian said:

Witnessed slaughtering cattle and horses with C.B.   They were sure dead after the shot.

Not foolproof though. Who wants to end up a vegetable?

1 minute ago, Lucky mike said:

It has an affect on those they leave behind, guilt, blame, many unanswered questions ...in many ways selfish....

What if you have no family or children? Who's going to feel guilty? Many of the suicides in Thailand are single, elderly men, no one to miss them unfortunately. Nothing selfish about it, your life, your choice. Or should they spend their remaining time depressed and in pain?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What if you have no family or children? Who's going to feel guilty? Many of the suicides in Thailand are single, elderly men, no one to miss them unfortunately. Nothing selfish about it, your life, your choice. Or should they spend their remaining time depressed and in pain?

No argument from me, always easier to live someone else's life a matter of personal choice ?

Edited by Lucky mike
Spelling

One could call this a retiree column for there are so many commentators. However, the issue is much more serious.

We should give it a new name ' Thai death jump', just go ahead and look up the numbers who jumped in a year - all this whilst living in paradise.

I chose to write this addition whilst looking out from my window in North East Lombardia, 50 km from Bergamo towards the Swiss Alps. By the way prices for a room with a view with Balcony in the 1st floor are reasonable even by Thai standards, at 17 Bucks per night. Invigorating fresh air and breathtaking scenery included. How 's that for starters? For those who have similar ideas let me say this : No one should jump in paradise - nor elsewhere, it simply isn't worth it. - trust me.

africasiaeuro.com

• Confused 1

Give men reasons for why Pattaya and Bangkok is socalled paradises? I can easily tell you 10 good reasons to stay in my orign country, and only two why I choose to leave! 

But paradise? It is as absurd as 72  virgins waiting for you in Heaven if you ,,, 

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

There seems to be a lot of Foreign jumpers who live in the Kingdom ?? RIP ??

Thank godi am scared of heights. Last time i flew to Thailand the captain said we are flying at 40,000 feet i broke into a cold sweat

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, africasiaeuro said:

For those who have similar ideas let me say this : No one should jump in paradise - nor elsewhere, it simply isn't worth it. - trust me.

africasiaeuro.com

It isn't worth it, trust me? You've tried it and didn't like it I assume? How can you judge what is right for someone else when you know absolutely FA about them?

Edited by giddyup

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

1. You can hurt somone pshysical

2. You can hurt somone emotionally

3. You can damage property

4. You tie up resourches

5. There is solutions to your problems

You are right , the Camry was damaged.I wonder why so many Farangs go to LOS  to jump from balconies or were they pushed/ to jump if not physically jumped.RIP

2 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

You are right , the Camry was damaged.I wonder why so many Farangs go to LOS  to jump from balconies or were they pushed/ to jump if not physically jumped.RIP

I doubt if anyone comes to Thailand to jump out a window, but there is an aging falang population retired here. Old can equate to sick and depressed, there's your reason.

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

4. You tie up resourches

Clean up is a biatch if they can't get the fire hoses down a small soi.

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Clean up is a biatch if they can't get the fire hoses down a small soi.

I have fainted two times under water during controlled freediving, and it is painless and uncomplicated if you have trained buddy. Easy to simulate on surface to with hyperventilation, plastic bac with a string, and get up fast. Could be wise to have something soft to fall on if you should fail, wake up and have headick. 

What ever problem you have do it right one time in life! Do not put others in danger or stress!

as I said, I have been on scene whith shit like this enough time to have anvoixe about it. Cynicle, Yes, but it have to be talked about, and maybe thats all that needs to be done to save one or two bastards until next time shit hit the fan!

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Pure superstition on your part of course... as no real facts are known.

I think the word you are looking for is supposition, not superstition, but Saakura is probably right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

4. You tie up resourches

Do you seriously believe that someone who are in a such state would be able to think rationally - They dont...:coffee1:

----------------

RIP

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, dutchbull said:

Pattaya and Bangkok jumping cities

The Golden Gate bridge has it's fair share of suicides. Almost 1700 people to date.

Edited by giddyup