Motorcycle street racing: What happens when things go wrong - four dead

webfact

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

RIP to the red truck, assaulted by idiots. 

There's hope yet, slap a new door and box on it and good to go for another 10 years. After all he was only hit by motorbikes and warm bodies.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I look forward to the day that this news will be replaced with:

1) Each time a motorcycle rider was issued with large infringement notice, loss of licence, confiscation and destruction of the speeding motorcyclists motorcycle.

2) Repeat offenders jailed for a minimum of 12 months, with 1) above applied again

3) Sentences tripled to 2) if caught again and 1) applied again

Last but not least, the above should also apply to motorists, i.e. once you are over a certain speed limit, your toast !!!

Yeh yeh, I know keep dreaming.........:sorry:

Im ok if they do the same for car drivers. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The real sadness in all this is that no one learns from the grief and tragedy coming from these dreadful road racing events.

Not the kids themselves or the parents or the police or the government. After the dead are put to rest all is forgotten until the next time. 

Sensible suggestions flow from members and Big Joke is doing his best but that's where it ends. Time for the PM to step up and lay down the law; which he is good at. 

Folk street race in farangland even with all the laws in place...:stoner:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

The real sadness in all this is that no one learns from the grief and tragedy coming from these dreadful road racing events.

Not the kids themselves or the parents or the police or the government. After the dead are put to rest all is forgotten until the next time. 

Sensible suggestions flow from members and Big Joke is doing his best but that's where it ends. Time for the PM to step up and lay down the law; which he is good at. 

I'd suggest that the reality is that no-one is interested in learning from this, apart from paying lip-service.

The difference in attitude is that if the problem is ignored it will go away - which of course it won't

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Even if it takes to beating them with a piece of bamboo, across the back, legs, arms as my Mrs did to the twins, when they were 12.

Being caught as pillion passengers on their cousins motorbike (twice), one would have thought the first canning would have been enough, obviously the 2nd one did it, that and been grounded since then, they are now 14.

Lots of opinions bagging her from the Thai community in the beginning (village mentality), now, its oh, how can I do the same for my kids.....lol

Better my kids alive than dead my Mrs says, can't disagree with her, that and they have been told that dad will take to them next !

Amazing what a good old caning does to them, I remember those days :post-4641-1156694572: 

That's scary.

14 minutes ago, transam said:

I was young once, and I reckon many older guys here were too and street raced...Young folk can be rascals, we get through it or not...The young of LOS are no different to farangland for their buzz...

True. We have to get them through to their twenties, then they will see for themselves.

Again, parents, school, where the parents say: the school has to do it, and the school says: the parents have to do it.

Edited by starfish

we get many of these idiots going up the main street in our town wichianburi,unlike most Thai towns it is not a dual lane road either side of a ditch or barrier,just single lane each way. Many small soi's run off it yet these gits with their earsplitting exhuast's  drive up and down at the max speed they can get,mostly with no helmets. I saw a guy hit a pickup outside the busy main market,the busiest spot in town ,catapulted over the bonnet, he must have been doing at least 80-90kmh,how he actually survived i have no idea.

i have told my wife when my stepson is 15 next year i will buy him a motorbike on the condition that he passes his test,always wears a helmet,and no souped up exhaust.

• Like 2