A post in a foreign language has been removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Hello Michael,

A good point for you,
you always accept our suggestions or your reflections with modesty,
even when gently ironic.
  You are made for the contact with the public. Congratulations. You passed the first test.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As everyone mentioned, the fast/street food business in Bangkok is overcrowded. In another city like Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai or Pattaya will be easier. Easier will be also a different concept of restaurant rather than street food. As you're from Corsica, a melting pot of Mediterranean food could be a better idea I think.

Don't quit your project, but take more time to think about it because foreign "owned" businesses are very difficult to set in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 6:56 PM, kev1n said:

As everyone has mentioned, Bangkok's fast food and street food sector is overcrowded. In another city like Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai or Pattaya will be easier. Easier will also be a different concept of restaurant rather than street food. As you come from Corsica, a melting pot of Mediterranean cuisine might be a better idea, I think.

Do not quit your project, but take more time to think about it because foreign "owned" companies are very difficult to establish in Thailand.

Yes but i have not yet had the chance to visit other cities in the country i went only Krabi and Koh samui for now and you? you already went? you also cross the bisness of fast food in Thailand? does the medretanean cuisine really have a chance here ???

and I thank you for your answer ! ?

On 5/23/2018 at 8:18 PM, michael2018 said:

Yes but i have not yet had the chance to visit other cities in the country i went only Krabi and Koh samui for now and you? you already went? you also cross the bisness of fast food in Thailand? does the medretanean cuisine really have a chance here ???

I visited Chiang Mai and I know a few Mediterranean restaurants that are successful there! Maybe you should try your chance in another city like Pattaya or Patong. Do you have knowledge and experience in gastronomy cuisine? Or at least in managing restaurants ?

Yes, I can create a kitchen with Moroccan, Corsican and Italian influences, because I know these places well. As I said I have some experience in fast food restaurant management but not in the kitchen itself. At the limit I think open a delicatessen offering Mediterranean products such as charcuterie, cheese ... With a small corner to start. It seems more feasible ...

@michael2018

Yes, opening a Deli sounds like a more reasonable step to begin running a business here! And it can be an enjoyable activity also. So you must take time to travel Corsica/Spain/Morocco/Italy in order to find the producers that will provide you amazing culinary products. Then find a company that can help you to import it.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, Happy enough said:

if your idea was a good one then fine, just remember there's a lot of competition in the food business in bkk. also, you'll need decent capital and good thai connections otherwise i'd say you're taking a serious risk with your capital. do more research, i suspect it's not as easy as you think

Taking a serious risk with his Life aswell, a young foreigner opening up a fast Food joint in BKK, unless he has very good Thai  connections this is a non starter, there are plenty of other countries to persue your venture, i would give this place a miss life is to short my Friend.

Hello everyone ?

Yes, I will certainly return to Corsica for a while to think more carefully and start to define the concept of my business and interested producers to provide me with good crafts. Anyway I should certainly import some products, do you have any information on customs in Thailand and more generally on the modalities to import?

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

I wonder how many people laughed at Ronald McDonald and said it would fail

Ronald McDonald is a fictional clown, so I bet plenty of people laughed at him.

• Haha 1