Business idea

13 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Very unoriginal idea.  Not going to work.

I have 2 new, fresh business concepts, but hesitant to share them here lest someone steal them prematurely.

Sitting on ideas is not a good idea.

Just give it up most people will forget the idea or not have the resources or understanding to take it forward.

• Like 1

Yeah, ok, I guess you're right.  I actually got these ideas from my new g/f in Pattaya, and she just told me only divulge 1, not both.

Coffee Shop.

After I dropped out of high school, I worked at Starbucks for 7 1/2 years before coming to Thailand on a spiritual journey, so I have experience and plan to work behind the bar to ensure things are done properly.  She said her sisters and brother are willing to move down from somewhere in Issan, stay with us in my apartment to help run the place.  I would need to apply for a bank loan to raise the start up capital.

Unless you are Thai you can't work
"behind the bar" if you're a foreigner you might be able to get a work permit as "Something else" but you cant serve customers thats a job reserved for Thais.
Think this through a lot more before applying for the loan.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Yeah, ok, I guess you're right.  I actually got these ideas from my new g/f in Pattaya, and she just told me only divulge 1, not both.

Coffee Shop.

After I dropped out of high school, I worked at Starbucks for 7 1/2 years before coming to Thailand on a spiritual journey, so I have experience and plan to work behind the bar to ensure things are done properly.  She said her sisters and brother are willing to move down from somewhere in Issan, stay with us in my apartment to help run the place.  I would need to apply for a bank loan to raise the start up capital.

OK... assuming you are not Dirtycash... which bank are you going to apply for a loan from? SCB?  BKK? KTB?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tolsti said:

OK... assuming you are not Dirtycash... which bank are you going to apply for a loan from? SCB?  BKK? KTB?

LOL, no, I'm not.  I was just goofing around up there ^ with the coffee shop thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

LOL, no, I'm not.  I was just goofing around up there ^ with the coffee shop thing. 

Coffee shop isn't so laughable.  Maybe coffee shop with some PCs for internet gaming and a massage area out the back and a small bakery selling croissants and pies, and the big selling point would be sausage.  I mean big German sausage.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johng said:

Unless you are Thai you can't work
"behind the bar" if you're a foreigner you might be able to get a work permit as "Something else" but you cant serve customers thats a job reserved for Thais.
Think this through a lot more before applying for the loan.

yes i agree

when will the jokers learn??

making money in Thailand-- < is reserved for Thais only>

you as farang, are already rich and your job here is:

- An ATM.

One that Thai people can access with no PIN number needed.

OR

- English teacher..which still you will work for peanuts and make some Thai rich who will steal 20-30% of your earnings for doing nothing.

then again:

i guess many farang get into real estate..buy a house fraudulently on land they cant own..

then they call it " my house" and " my land"

but really they will call it "mine"  for max 2 or 3 years until  they have to moove out.

lol

Edited by tingtongtourist
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Rent 5 condos @ 10,000 month each.

List them on AirBnB for 1,000 a day each.
Aim for occupancy 20 days in a month.
Earn 100,000 a month

I think that your figures are very far from reality, but I do know someone who does exactly that in my own building. He apparently is not concerned about breaking various laws along with the terms of his own tenancy.

6 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Coffee Shop.

If you draw a blank with the bank consider crowdfunding. You can never have enough coffee shops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be the first to admit I am lousy at math but, before you go out on a wild spending spree, I don't think you are ending up with 100,000 baht a month in your hot little hands to spend.  If you do manage to illegally rent the 5 condos at 1000 baht a day for 20 days each month you will indeed take in 100,000 baht.  But, remember, you have to pay 50,000 baht a month to rent the 5 condos in the first place. (10,000 baht each with your plan.)  So, that brings you down to 50,000 baht. 

I imagine you are not going to meet the illegal renters and get them settled in and then check them out when they leave, so figure an employee and a salary for that--deducted from the 50,000.  And, no way you will be cleaning 5 rooms every time an illegal renter moves out so figure an employee to do that, too--deducted from the 50,000 baht.  Then subtract from the 50,000 baht the electric and water charges--illegal daily renters don't stick around long enough to pay them so that's on you, too.   I wonder, anything left from that 50,000?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Rent 5 condos @ 10,000 month each.

List them on AirBnB for 1,000 a day each.

Aim for occupancy 20 days in a month.

Earn 100,000 a month

$$$ Profit

You remind me of old days when people think that was easy to scam people your idea is just stupid 

1. You can't rent a condo and after rent it out again 

2. Why do you get stupid people to fall for your idea 

3.if you need money better go back home work 

4. Or make a proper business with all the necessary paperwork 

5. 555 and 555

4 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Coffee shop is just a bad idea how many shops you see in Thailand meny right but honestly how many people in the shops na and remember your can't work with out working visa to expensive 

Before ladies want beerbars not working now coffee shops why because to lazy to work 

Don't use your borrowed money for this and sorry you can't borrow money in Thailand you are a farang with limited credit 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Coffee shop is just a bad idea how many shops you see in Thailand meny right but honestly how many people in the shops na and remember your can't work with out working visa to expensive 

Before ladies want beerbars not working now coffee shops why because to lazy to work 

Don't use your borrowed money for this and sorry you can't borrow money in Thailand you are a farang with limited credit 

The guy was not being serious and neither was the OP. At least I don't think the OP was serious.

Good business for a Thai person from what I'm seeing in is an is a kebab stall. 20/30/50 baht sizes.

1 piece of meat per day

Salad

Bread wraps

Sauces

Approximately 125 sales per day with an average.

30 x 50 baht sales - 1500

50 x 30 baht sales - 1500

45 x 20 baht sales - 900

T/O 3900 per day.

No idea about costs but I'm seeing a guy sell out every day and he looks happy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The guy was not being serious and neither was the OP. At least I don't think the OP was serious.

Good business for a Thai person from what I'm seeing in is an is a kebab stall. 20/30/50 baht sizes.

1 piece of meat per day

Salad

Bread wraps

Sauces

Approximately 125 sales per day with an average.

30 x 50 baht sales - 1500

50 x 30 baht sales - 1500

45 x 20 baht sales - 900

T/O 3900 per day.

No idea about costs but I'm seeing a guy sell out every day and he looks happy.

555 you are joking do your guy's really don't know to make money or are you simply to Pattaya addicted 

And don't want go home make real money 

What is the next idea 

Collect plastic 

Call center scam 

Come on 

I give money to the real serious man/family there can show me some realistic business idea it is so easy if you have some brain 

P. S. If someone really are seriously inbox me 

But this is a funny tread 

9 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

555 you are joking do your guy's really don't know to make money or are you simply to Pattaya addicted 

And don't want go home make real money 

What is the next idea 

Collect plastic 

Call center scam 

Come on 

I give money to the real serious man/family there can show me some realistic business idea it is so easy if you have some brain 

P. S. If someone really are seriously inbox me 

But this is a funny tread 

As per my post. "For a Thai person."

It's so easy when you read the full post.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

As per my post. "For a Thai person."

It's so easy when you read the full post.

Sorry no kebab shop selling what you saying I know because my Thai friends sell this food too but up to you to believe that 

14 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Sorry no kebab shop selling what you saying I know because my Thai friends sell this food too but up to you to believe that 

Never said a shop. If the guy sells out after just 3.5 hours a day 6 days a week and has been doing so for 5 months. I'd say that's a great opportunity for a low skilled person who likely only works a total of a 5 hours a day and probably clears about 1800 baht a day x 25 days a month is 45000 a month with 1 location. It's scalable. It's much more scalable than ha Dow and that is everywhere.

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Never said a shop. If the guy sells out after just 3.5 hours a day 6 days a week and has been doing so for 5 months. I'd say that's a great opportunity for a low skilled person who likely only works a total of a 5 hours a day and probably clears about 1800 baht a day x 25 days a month is 45000 a month with 1 location. It's scalable. It's much more scalable than ha Dow and that is everywhere.

You live in a fantasy world sorry 

Looking of how meny kebab shop or salling they never sell that amount you talking about I not stupid but up to you to decide and live in this fantasy world na 

Some of my friends Thai live on selling kebab if they lucky sell 20 kebab in one night 

But keep dreaming and put your money into this kind of business 

I am a investor in web or games apps etc 

P. S.  What about burger salling 555

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You live in a fantasy world sorry 

Looking of how meny kebab shop or salling they never sell that amount you talking about I not stupid but up to you to decide and live in this fantasy world na 

Some of my friends Thai live on selling kebab if they lucky sell 20 kebab in one night 

But keep dreaming and put your money into this kind of business 

I am a investor in web or games apps etc 

P. S.  What about burger salling 555

Rubbish or your so called friends are stupid and do not know how to spot a good footfall location. Being a mobile store provides an easy fix to that and my numbers are solid I have seen this stall sell out by 7.30pm most days for 5 months. He begins set up at 4.30pm.

Maybe your in an area where it is more common or cost is too high but I'm in khon kaen and this kebab stall kills it and his price points cater for pretty much all people.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You remind me of old days when people think that was easy to scam people your idea is just stupid 

1. You can't rent a condo and after rent it out again 

2. Why do you get stupid people to fall for your idea 

3.if you need money better go back home work 

4. Or make a proper business with all the necessary paperwork 

5. 555 and 555

I don't need negative people like u in my life. I found a way to propose my business idea on a crowdfunding platform, so even the initial investment will be free.

And kebab and coffee shop sounds like a great idea. I can offer this service to discriminating tenant who otherwise shops at 7/11.

God, I love Thailand!!!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mark5335 said:

Daily renting of condo rooms requires a hotel license in order to be legal. Otherwise, the minimum rental period per tenant per condo should be 30 days (and comply with your condo's own by by-laws approved by the co-owners).

Time to have some serious talk with management at "The Base".

By serious I mean a Wai, Savadee Khrap and how much for condo these days

• Haha 1