Unique situation - April & may has been horrid

2 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Hang on, If you have a Work Permit, then you should have a 1 year Multiple entry Non B? Why the overstay? The company would normally just renew your WP and visa yearly? Something doesn't sound right mate? 

There are advantages in a ME Non O (or marriage extension) over a Non B and work extension. Important is the fact that your permission to stay in Thailand is not dependent on keeping your job. Companies vary in the degree to which they take care of the visa/permission to stay issues of their foreign employees, though they must, of course, be involved in the work permit application.

3 hours ago, lucifer666 said:

This is why i never carry my passport,,, I have a photo of the main page and my most recent visa stamp in my phone.. The BIB always accept it,,, There's no law that says you have to carry your actual passport with you. A copy of the relevant pages are enough.

I been doing same, however, did you see the post about having correct driving licences?  "no passport, no licence, NO BIKE/CAR

I have compassion and would let you have a good result but compassion is used with cognitive thinking of which is hard come by in Thailand so you will be hard done by.  I'm sorry,  and hope it works out.  Stay cool from now on in and look contrite.

• Confused 1

So ,From the act of being so stupid as to being overstay,then leaving your passport in a motorbike instead of carting a copy of it. And then not securing the bike properly.Now if you have been here long enough then you should have learned by now that you can not "confrunt" a Thai as you are then in the wrong by not alerting the police

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Who the hell leaves a passport on a bike?

Dumb asses thats who.it.

So it all started with the stupid act of being overstay (because I can afford it for a few K attitude). Then adding to the next round of ignorance by leaving your passport in a motorbike (oh yes Unsecured bike) then causing a row with a Thai instead of getting a policeman.You are lucky that the immigration boys are not involved as you would be waiting for a plane ride home. Does your girlfriend help you to dress in the mornings also? ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lucifer666 said:

This is why i never carry my passport,,, I have a photo of the main page and my most recent visa stamp in my phone.. The BIB always accept it,,, There's no law that says you have to carry your actual passport with you. A copy of the relevant pages are enough.

There is, and the police can detain you until you produce the original.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blackheart1916 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the lock up conditions. I will be staying away from that at all costs. Good luck.

i'm not in there now, I nearly cried once cos I actually thought i was never getting out, had to just keep saying "they cant keep you forever"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dragons70 said:

Thai cops would see this as karma. If the OP had left Thailand when supposed to -   passport wouldn’t have been stolen,  wouldn’t have ‘intimidated’ the poor Cambodian lads and made a scene, wouldnt have added another crime statistic that makes Thailand look bad, wouldn’t have annoyed the cops by making them do some worketc etc etc...Thai logic, entirely the OP’s fault...

are you thick? iv already said its my fault, read the post... READ you have two eyes, unless your blind then Im sorry.

I got let out with no charges, no court, no fine, there is no statistic, there are no reports and my passport was taken the same week I was due to renew, 28th was a Saturday.

I know for sure you wouldn't last an hour in there coming out with stuff like that, you'd be the little fat bitch in the corner crying lol

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, jdlancaster said:

It depends where you live, but if you live in a small enough community ... and especially if it is a problem with Cambodians, you can try the Poo Yai Baan. Official channels don't seem to work here. I like to drink with the Poo Yai Baan, they're generally pretty funny and enjoy a good time. They seem to smooth out problems in the community.

yer I live near Rangsit, the closest to a village leader here is behind someones house there is a guy in a hut where you can play cards and smoke and police dont care. 

5 hours ago, Rob5lax said:

Good advice already posted.

You gave detail in excess of the question and I have a question on that detail if you don’t mind.

You wrote - “It got a bit heated and the police came, Cambodians all ran and police asked me what happened, I explained and said I'm not going til I get my passport back. “  Then you’re cuffed - seems like detail missing.

What were your actions specifically that got you cuffed?    Were the cops at fault or did you invite trouble by being aggressive or showing anger toward the police?  

I would never ever show anger towards a policeman or army or even anyone official in any country.

I said i'm not going home, 2 police officers said just go home, I refused and I may have used some language directed towards the remaining people there that shouldn't really be said in public, maybe at snooker its alright.

getting locked up is completely my fault, 100% I am not trying to justify it, what was asking is will I be shown leniency by immigration due to stolen passport, public holidays and being in the cells for about 100hours straight.

5 hours ago, PETDCAT said:

Pathumthani police cells are horrid, first night I was pissed up so slept good...............this might explain why you were arrested in the first place

you never had a drink before? 

4 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

So ,From the act of being so stupid as to being overstay,then leaving your passport in a motorbike instead of carting a copy of it. And then not securing the bike properly.Now if you have been here long enough then you should have learned by now that you can not "confrunt" a Thai as you are then in the wrong by not alerting the police

Dumb asses thats who.it.

it wasn't a Thai I confronted.

my passport was in my bike cos I was going somewhere to sort something. its not like that's where it is all the time.

I bet you american right?

"Dumb asses" - and you cant read

2 hours ago, thedemon said:
3 hours ago, elviajero said:

There is, and the police can detain you until you produce the original.

My 10,000 days of not carrying it and not ever having the slightest issue tells me that you are wrong.

I’ve never carried mine in 22 years and never had an issue either. That is beside the point. Foreigners and Thais are legally obliged to carry ID. The fact that it’s rarely enforced doesn’t make you right or change the law.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dragons70 said:

Thai cops would see this as karma. If the OP had left Thailand when supposed to -   passport wouldn’t have been stolen,  wouldn’t have ‘intimidated’ the poor Cambodian lads and made a scene, wouldnt have added another crime statistic that makes Thailand look bad, wouldn’t have annoyed the cops by making them do some worketc etc etc...Thai logic, entirely the OP’s fault...

are you thick? iv already said its my fault, read the post... READ you have two eyes, unless your blind then Im sorry.

I got let out with no charges, no court, no fine, there is no statistic, there are no reports and my passport was taken before my extension ran out.

I know for sure you wouldn't last an hour in there coming out with stuff like that.

24 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I’ve never carried mine in 22 years and never had an issue either. That is beside the point. Foreigners and Thais are legally obliged to carry ID. The fact that it’s rarely enforced doesn’t make you right or change the law.

ID? I thought we were talking about passports.

14 minutes ago, thedemon said:

ID? I thought we were talking about passports.

The only recognised form of ID for the majority of foreigners is their passport.

It shouldn’t be long before they start issuing long term visitors with temporary ID cards when they receive their extensions of stay. It will include address/passport and visa info. It’s in the planning/trial stage.

10 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

You ever been inside the jail in Bangkok? If they feel like letting you out they will, if they wanna sit about and smoke or watch TV then you'll just have to wait.

Of course not. I haven't aggravated the police like you did.... yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top Chef said:

I hate to say this but......

Welcome To Thailand

im 31 i spent probably about 4 years of my life here - more than that actually, its a shame cos that particular day i told my wife i was going to stay at my friends in samut sakhon, his older sisters son was doing some religious thing that saturday, she fell out with me a bit cos it was two days before the ceremony was actually happening. I got arrested and wasnt allowed a phone call and nobody was expecting me to come back home.

it was like i was lost in a dirty parallel universe where nobody cared where i was.

Edited by Seanbhoy
edit