Just had the first 10,000Km service – I was told not to use a power washer

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

With set pricing the idea that dealers are paying significant commissions is suspect, why would they?

Also, if there were good money in it, there would be more competent sales people.

Thai do not work if there not a lot of money to do.

Competent people do not exist here, forget it or learn more.

• Sad 1

I managed a manufacturing facility for a Fortune 50 compay for 17 years in Thailand. Plenty of hard working, competent & dedicated people here.

That someone with your mentality and (I assume) lifestyle do not come in contact with them does not surprise me.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I managed a manufacturing facility for a Fortune 50 compay for 17 years in Thailand. Plenty of hard working, competent & dedicated people here.

That someone with your mentality and (I assume) lifestyle do not come in contact with them does not surprise me.

Another expert ! I guess that you also think that your wife is a nobel price ? Do not worry, I know people like you and Thai a lot better than you think.

19 minutes ago, grkt said:

absolute rubbish. my thai friends are all well educated professionals, some own their own business. many speak english, some to a high level. they regularly travel abroad on holiday or for business. most have studied master degrees in the usa or uk.

i'm only guessing but i'd like to bet many of the thai bashers here have not, and would not be able to, study to master degree level in their second language.

it's people who hang out, date and marry with the low class and low educated thais that have this warped and distorted view of thailand and the people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, samsensam said:

absolute rubbish. my thai friends are all well educated professionals, some own their own business. many speak english, some to a high level. they regularly travel abroad on holiday or for business. most have studied master degrees in the usa or uk.

i'm only guessing but i'd like to bet many of the thai bashers here have not, and would not be able to, study to master degree level in their second language.

it's people who hang out, date and marry with the low class and low educated thais that have this warped and distorted view of thailand and the people.

I think your last para is a bit warped...bored.gif.ff25dac7c724a9c00d50d7486d8f085e.gif

Yes, but do any the have the nobel price?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

It seems that you will have to try again before teaching me something.

I had more of the what you call "highly educated" girlfriends and staff as you will never know during your whole life, and I confirm what I said, because unlike you I do not talk about what I do not know.

A master degree here is similar to fist year college in the developed world, no more.

But as you are a champion, I am sure that you know so much better !

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

Not sure, but grkt claims I think my is one, so it must be great!

Really ? You don't even know what is a Nobel price and you pretend to know anything about people who are supposedly educated and good at their work ? Poor you, thank you for having confirmed what I was thinking.

6 hours ago, grkt said:

Really ? You don't even know what is a Nobel price and you pretend to know anything about people who are supposedly educated and good at their work ? Poor you, thank you for having confirmed what I was thinking.

Ok, I'll direct the inquiry to you. I've been coming to LOS for a few decades. Lived here for some years. Resided in Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai & now permanent home in Sakon Nakhon. Mixed with quite wealthy business people & retirees. Lived among dirt poor farmers. Never come across "Noble price" Care to impart some of your knowledge ???

Is a Nobel price an extra charge really smart people (like you) have to pay when they buy stuff?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, samsensam said:

I think many here not even speak a second language.

and in some places (like Pattaya) there are even some people who speak only their native language which is not even English. but it's working as long as they stay in areas and communities where enough of their own language spoken friends are.

8 hours ago, grkt said:

He was having some fun at your expense and I'm afraid you couldn't see it...……….it is called the Nobel Peace Prize (not price).

I appreciate that English may not be your first language, however this was dragging on a little at your expense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was having some fun at your expense and I'm afraid you couldn't see it...……….it is called the Nobel Peace Prize (not price).

I appreciate that English may not be your first language, however this was dragging on a little at your expense!

I think you will have to try again if you want to teach him something.

Who knows, you might win the Nobel price for education.
  • Haha 1