Atm That Gives You More Than 25k Baht

kudroz

Do you guys know of any ATM that would dispense more than 25 bills at a time? Most ATM will dispense 20, Bangkok Bank will dispense 25. Are there any ATM that can dispense more than 25k?

Or can I just walk inside a bank and ask that they charge my credit card for let's say 100k? I'm paying near $5 each time I widthraw money at the ATM and it's getting a bit annoying.

As far as I know 25 is the maximum number of notes, but you can use a direct debit card, often the same as your ATM card, inside the bank with no apparent limit. You must have your passport.

Using a credit card is normally more expensive way of getting money as you are also getting a loan.

If there is a way of doing this it would be interesting to me too. The fee may be small, but if one can solve it without a fee and too much hassle, why not? :o

Try talking to the friendly banker at the bank that issued the card. Some banks will reduce or eliminate fees depending on the banking relationship and the talking. A fixed monthly or annual fee is another option to explore. Some types of accounts include special rate or free ATM services. I did not find it to be a hassle and got some satisfaction $.

1% plus the 20% $-Baht drop in the past 12 months, every little bit hurts

Edited by mongoose

I am (as usual) confused. Are we talking 25k Baht or 25 notes? As far as I know there is no limit to the amount of bills that the machine will give you; in fact I avoid Kasikorn because whenever I took out 20k baht I would get it all in 500B notes.

A credit card and a debit card charge the same as far as I know - 1% plus whatever your own bank charges as an ATM fee. If I take $500, I get charged 1% which is $5. There is no way around this except transfering money over here through billpayer at your bank in your country. Using that method, I pay roughly $19 maximum no matter how much money I send over here at a a time. Using a credit/debit card is THE most expensive way to extract funds from your home bank.

If this is about using an ATM drawn on a Thai bank account, sorry that I did not understand... :o

Dustoff - ATM's can only give out a limit number of notes, normally 20-25 notes. If the machine has run out of 1,000 baht notes then it can only give you 12500 baht in 500's

The case of repeat withdrawals and minimum fees is a pain. In Indonesia the maximum withdrawal was 800,000 rupees, US$80. With my minimum withdrawal fee it was costing me about 6% each withdrawal.

No, I think it's international accounts, i.e. using a Thai ATM to get money from abroad.

Believe from my SCB-ATM I withdraw free of charge, but have to pay a small fee if I use another Thai-bank.

How can you use a Thai ATM card to get money from abroad??

Supposing you need to withdraw a bunch of cash from your OS CC, the best bet is to go into a branch and do it in person. If you're wanting to pull out a reasonable amount you can usually negatiate a better exchange rate as well (as CC forex rates are the *worst* of them all). Not sure what the minimum threshold for negotiations are, but was offered this when talking about a $20K transaction.

No, I think it's international accounts, i.e. using a Thai ATM to get money from abroad.

Believe from my SCB-ATM I withdraw free of charge, but have to pay a small fee if I use another Thai-bank.

How can you use a Thai ATM card to get money from abroad??

Thai ATM not ATM card,on nearly every ATM in THailand you can witdraw money from your account abroad with your normal bank card of abroad or with a credit card.

Better be carefull though when going in to a brach or maybe a foreign exchange booth since there have been many frauds with the slips(usually two slips ontop of eachother ) CHECK WHEN YOU SIGN!!!!!!!

I myself have helped translating in two cases!!

Supposing you need to withdraw a bunch of cash from your OS CC, the best bet is to go into a branch and do it in person. If you're wanting to pull out a reasonable amount you can usually negatiate a better exchange rate as well (as CC forex rates are the *worst* of them all). Not sure what the minimum threshold for negotiations are, but was offered this when talking about a $20K transaction.

This may only apply to US citizens, and I doubt you can do this via the internet, so it may only apply to those of you that will be back in the US to do it in person.

Open a Charles Schwab account. They will give you an ATM/debit card that will allow you to withdraw up to $500 (or equivalent in foreign funds) from any ATM anywhere in the world for a $1.00 fee.

Or open an account at any Commerce Bank branch. Same $500 limit and no fee for any withdrawal anywhere ever. If you don't like carrying around 1000 baht notes, you can make as many 900 baht withdrawls in a day as you'd like as long as you don't exceed the $500/day limit.

You're complaining about a less than 1% fee??

My bank charges are

$4.50 everytime I make an overseas widthrawal

2.5% commision on exchange rate

If I can save on the $4.50, that'd be nice and more convenient. I am not complaining, simply pointing out the fact that this $4.50 charge is a bit annoying and would be great if can be avoided. This fee alone is not warrant for me to switch bank, but doing less transactions by using an ATM that dispenses more than 25 notes (25x 1,000 THB notes) would be nice, that's all.