Friend of grieving Swiss father: Mother was on Ya Ba and grandfather got a new motorcycle from donations

webfact

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Alcohol drugs gambling - sounds pretty normal for lower class Thai families...

is that a generalization? Or do you want national specifics like thailand the 5th highest country in the world of alcohol consumption by volume or 1 out of 3 Thai males who drink meet the definition of an alcoholic....

Yrs that is a generalisation.

How do you classify lower class, middle class or upper class?

Money, education, life style, what?

3 hours ago, thaifan01 said:

Tragic story with the accident that never should have happened. Yes, money is and will be an issue in Thailand - like it is almost everywhere. I am prett bored of besserwisser's and haters around, please take a breath and think twice before judging. And if you don't like Thailand, what the h... are you doing there? Pack your bags and get your ass back home if Thais and Thailand is so bad!

You're sick and tired of the besserwisser's and haters...... Quite possibly not half as tired as members are of reading the 'if you don't like it go home' comments... but not to worry, you're not the first won't be the last to use what is ultimately a rather dim response.

Next you could upgrade to pointing out that 'we are only guests here and have no rights, thus shouldn't voice our opinion' !...

10 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

But yet they feel free to publish them for everyone to see.

I feel a defamation suit getting prepared.

I will donate to the fathers legal fund if any defamation lawsuit is filed. If half of this information is true then it shows human behavior at its worst. Bless these poor kids and if a motorcycle was purchased with donated money then hope for Kharma for the motorcycle owner/driver. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're sick and tired of the besserwisser's and haters...... Quite possibly not half as tired as members are of reading the 'if you don't like it go home' comments... but not to worry, you're not the first won't be the last to use what is ultimately a rather dim response.

Next you could upgrade to pointing out that 'we are only guests here and have no rights, thus shouldn't voice our opinion' !...

You have the right to an opinion like everyone.  But when your opinion is always negative about Thailand I do think you should take your miserable aS@ and mouth somewhere else and that is my opinion. Or if you are stuck here because you made stupid mistakes in life and cannot live in a better place then do us all a favor and keep the bitching and moaning to once a week for Christ’s sake. 

9 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

You have the right to an opinion like everyone.  But when your opinion is always negative about Thailand I do think you should take your miserable aS@ and mouth somewhere else and that is my opinion. Or if you are stuck here because you made stupid mistakes in life and cannot live in a better place then do us all a favor and keep the bitching and moaning to once a week for Christ’s sake. 

You'll have you outline where my opinion of Thailand is always negative... I think someone is clutching at straws :-(

The opinion on which you comment, is not of Thailand, its of those who post ridiculous drivel such as 'if you don't like it go home'...  the negative opinion was infact of your post... and of course, now your limited reading comprehension. 

Are you drawing on your own personal experiences when suggesting that I may be 'stuck here' or have made 'stupid mistakes in life'....  or 'cannot live in a better place ???... Now then, who has a negative opinion of Thailand ?....

Perhaps, by maintaining your balance and intellect you won't feel the need to use such unimaginative comments in your attempt at a revengeful post... 'miserable a$s and mouth'.. 'b!tching and moaning'... It looks like someone is having a keyboard meltdown...  chin up, you can do much better than this... 

I feel sorry for the throngs of Look Krueng children who end up held hostage by the Thai village people peasant end of the family with the third grade education (at best) never being even considered as anything more than barter or novelty items for display, & never get the smart choice benefit of being sent to be educated in the fathers European Union country where they would receive European Union citizenship, a great free education, Health Care, speak multiple languages and simply a simply a better future anyway you look at it. But no the village people look at the child as a bartering chip to see if they can get the emotionally attached father to remit monthly payments for the children's "welfare" that then become motorcycles, iPhones, whiskey & all kind of stuff other than what it was intended for. After all these kids were on that balcony because one of them was "hungry" right. Life is cheap in the LOS & these kids are the victim of deception, greed and straight up stupidity. The grand parents had locked them in for the night hoping they wouldn't die in a fire locked in a room. Somebody is guilty of child endangerment & neglect here but those rules don't apply to the greatest parenting race on the planet, right ... ? Stupid Mother Flippers

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

Claims were made that the mother did prison time for Ya Ba (amphetamines), the grandfather is an alcoholic and the grandmother is into gambling. None of these claims can be substantiated.

As sick as this makes us all feel, wouldn't it be better to substantiate such claims before throwing mud, as it sticks regardless.

I hear you ... I agree with you

But when has the Thai press or TV media ever ever done that?? EVER*

* Sorry they do it all the time if you are a PooYai of note, if not ...........   

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have children to a wonderful Thai mother, her family remains at arms length, e.g. our kids, our responsibility, and we have planned what will take place in the event that our relationship ever went sour, for the future of our children.

Ongoing communication and respect are key in any relationship, no room for ego's, drugs, theft and extended family.....one circle, our family in it only !

I like your comment, especially your words about one circle, in it your immediate family.

My Thai son has had to establish this same thing and continuously remind in-laws that his family is himself, his wife and kids and everybody else is outer circle and not allowed to do anything whatever in regard to his without express permission from himself or his wife. And especially not allowed to take any of the kids away from the house without permission.

Along the way there have been many incidents. Some more simple: grandma was visiting, son nd wife went to an appointment, away for 90 minutes, they come back and grandma has given all the kids short haircuts and the three kids are in tears. The same morning grandma had mentioned Thai kids not allowed to go to school with longer hair, both son and his wife explained, at their school there are no such rules and they want the kids to have long hair and the kids like their long hair.

And many more incidents some very serious and I refer to above "...And especially not allowed to take any of the kids away from the house without permission." 

...it's not sad...it's outrageous.....and it's rampant...

...it explains a lot about the dysfunction we see all around....

...but the greater issue is the racism and injustice against foreigners....which is upheld by the courts and police...

...even with a court order...the children were held hostage all these years....

...basic human rights...children's rights.....duhh....???

On 5/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, canuckamuck said:

I don't have anything too say about the story, but I am deeply offended every time I see that photo used for this story.

As someone who has had to deal with the death of a child, I find it completely reprehensible to keep dragging out this image for clicks, disgusting.

Thank you. I suffer from PTSD and sometimes just burst into tears much to the consternation of people around me when it happens. It is often triggered by one picture or a certain song/karaoke favourite/VDO ..

It never goes away. This poor man is going to suffer everyday for the rest of his life...

The allegation about the mother being involved in drugs was also reported in some of the Thai language TV news broadcasts I saw in the past few days. And the source of that info supposedly was the father/husband, who said he was called by Thai police at some points in the past where the wife/mother had been detained.

But AFAICT, the same Thai TV news outlets that reported that info, at least on those same broadcasts, didn't appear to make any effort to confirm or refute those accounts with the Thai police. Everyone now knows who the wife/mother is. It really shouldn't be that hard to determine whether she has any arrest record for drugs.

You'd also think, once that kind of allegation gets aired publicly, that Thai children's/social services would have an interest in getting to the bottom of it, in terms of making any decisions and recommendations on the future custody of the children.

So where's the follow-up?

Archived