waterproof swimming pool tile glue

notrub

Hello, If I put a quality waterproofing agent into quality tile glue does this equal waterproof tile glue please?  In this case it would be  a Mr Fixit product added to Davco AC-2 glue.

I know that Davco sell a different line of glue for swimming pools but I see that this 'special' is glue with a Davco additive.  Davco is, I think, a part of the Lanko family and I am very familiar with their  products and quality.  The question here is cost.  A 20 kg sack of Davco glue is 99 THB and the additive is about 160 for 5 bags of cement.  I assume this refers to a standard sack size and weight.  The Davco glue is 20 KGs.  I don't want to go cheap and have a failure but I know that often waterproof glues are simply presented in a different sack to be mixed with a waterproofing agent at a big cost increase.   Any thoughts?  Not urgent but soon would be helpful.  Also, if you have any suggestions re different products they would be gratefully received. Thanks

On a slightly different question I see a line of Reln products on pinterest but cannot find a local supplier.  I want to add a flush surface drain around the entire pool.  Only 24 ML.   

My 4x8 pool is not a luxury item and we are doing it ourselves with 14 cm quality cement blocks from a supplier in Korat.

Thanks for any help or ideas. Still looking to source 2 - 4x4 wood cabins with or without roof structure.  They could be delivered in kit form and will be placed on a tiled concrete slab.  More details provided as required.  

We are in Isaan 100 km east of Korat and 80 km north of Buriram.  We have a great builder if you are looking for a small family type organisation.  Only Thai and Laos spoken.

Thanks again.  

Just go with a pool tile grout, no need for additives. Crocodile amongst others do it.

You are coating the wall render and floor with a waterproof coating before you lay tiles right?

Archived