Changing from Non-B as teacher to Non-B as Educational Personnel

I asked the other day about changing this visa. However, after contacting OPEC they said we can not change an employees position and the TM.6 form is longer used. Must cancel visa, leave the country, cancel Teacher Licence, then apply from the start for Educational Personnel but can not apply for Educational Personnel position in Thailand, have to apply at an Embassy outside Thailand. This means 2 trips out of the country. Is this right? Does anyone know the most efficient, cost effective way to apply for this type of visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Immigration determines what can be done with extension of stay applications not OPEC.

I see no reason you cannot apply for your next extension with your new position instead of teaching. Both are under same clause of the police order for extensions of stay.  

7 hours ago, Grauwulf said:

Op please define “educational personnel”? Then maybe I can ask around please feel free to pm rather than discuss on open forum

From the police order for extensions of stay.

Educational Personnel is:
Person performing librarian, guidance, educational technology, registration and evaluation, general administration, supporter of education as specified by the Private Education Commission

• Like 1

Yup happens a lot usually down to shall we say financial dealings in house and they don’t want to attract the attention of RTP/immigration so therefore no;WP. But hey this is Asia. I loved teaching in the UK but very political nowadays. My choice here is quality not quantity and I do things not because I have to but because I enjoy doing things...does that kinda make sense?.....

Edited by Grauwulf

On 5/13/2018 at 12:39 AM, Grauwulf said:

Op please define “educational personnel”? Then maybe I can ask around please feel free to pm rather than discuss on open forum

Educational personal is the eureka way people have found to get a wp for teaching, when they don't have a degree to get a teachers licence for a wp. 

I'm a citizen now, but I wish we all could have figured that out years ago. ???

• Haha 1