Chinese envoys call for Phuket to have trained, experienced lifeguards

snoop1130

Chinese envoys call for Phuket to have trained, experienced lifeguards

The Phuket News

1526034752_1-org.jpg

Li Chunlin (left) and Zhou Guangxu led the call for trained, experienced lifeguards on Phket’s beaches. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- A Chinese embassy delegation that visited Phuket yesterday (May 10) to specifically raise safety issues directly affecting Chinese tourists on the island has expressly called for trained, experienced lifeguards to patrol Phuket’s beaches.

Leading the delegation were Zhou Guangxu, Third Secretary and Vice Consul of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, and Li Chunlin, Counselor and Consul General from Embassy of The People’s Republic of China in The Kingdom of Thailand.

Also present was Ma Cuihong, who as Deputy Consul-General of the Chinese Consulate-General in Songkhla also heads the Consular Office of the Consulate-General in Phuket.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-envoys-call-for-phuket-to-have-trained-experienced-lifeguards-67078.php#B1m5dreiTKRdx7SL.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-5-11

7 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

It's about time foreign authorities highlighted this issue ... and shame Phuket

Well nothing else is changing their attitude towards Tourists safety and if anyone can change it the Chinese probably can.

Having said that, there seems to be some resentment of the so called zero dollar tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a point of comfort for the Thai officials present, Mr Li also noted, “Thailand and China are still good friends and we have issued a travel adivsory warning tourists not to come.”

That would be indeed much comfort also to the rest of us, but I am afraid it's just a mistake in translation. Or spleling.
  • Haha 2

My missus lost a good friend (drowned) on Phuket last week. From all accounts the ‘lifeguards’ were pretty useless at evacuation of water from lungs and CPR because “they were new to the job and didn’t have much practice yet”.....Poor fellah died in hospital.

• Sad 1

Karon Beach, regarded as the most dangerous, is still devoid of lifeguards from what I've seen, unless you count the one guy in yellow lifeguard t-shirt who was doing nothing more than clearing beachgoers from the path of the parasailers. I'd guess he's one of the previous lifeguards, now working for the parasailers.