Is it an end of an era for the Western Expat?

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not much of that around where I live in rural Khampaeng Phet but perhaps there is in Pattaya. I have no idea currently but I haven't been there for about 8 years.

If the flow of your money stopped, do you really think it would be the same, maybe a little lacking in smiles and hospitality.

Edited by baansgr

5 hours ago, soistalker said:

If you marry a woman who was in the P4P game, even if she did it once, she sees all men in terms of "how mut you gib me."

The bigger question is why would you marry a whore ? It is absurd 

What percentage of women not involved in the sex trade due you suppose see all men in terms of " how mut you gib me"?  My guess is they out number Prostitutes at least 10 million to 1.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ericthai said:

My company sent to me Thailand to work, sure I've been with some go-go girls, but I met my wife naturally. She was working for one of the companies our company was working for.  I have a few other friends that were also transferred to Thailand and met normal girls. 

Yes, Sanemax is making up his facts. Prostitutes maybe account for 1 -2% of the female population here. If your entire existence consists of beer bars and agogos or you read only TV it may appear that way. Vast majority of men, Thai and farang, date and marry regular girls. The pool of prostitutes seems to mostly be single with very few married.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not much of that around where I live in rural Khampaeng Phet but perhaps there is in Pattaya. I have no idea currently but I haven't been there for about 8 years.

Well Kamphaengphet is a sleepy little town isn't it..Never any knifings or killings in the club next to the main Kampheang hotel.

Just around the corner there is the rock bar where older (but not too old) wives go for a dance and a shag.......Over by the Uni you can of course get a cheap shag but further down the "Leelawadee" family have a resort for the older wife to be entertained. The whole (new) ringroad has shagging resorts and the "old road" has karaokes in every direction...

I bet you a beer chang that within a 1 hour drive of where you live there is a knocking shop for you or your wife...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

My company sent to me Thailand to work, sure I've been with some go-go girls, but I met my wife naturally. She was working for one of the companies our company was working for.  I have a few other friends that were also transferred to Thailand and met normal girls. 

But if your company sent you here in 97 just before the crash then your wife might well have become a prostitute.

Office girls, Managers and Business owners were suddenly in a position where they had no money to survive let alone go out and party......and they did what they felt they had to do...... So don't separate "company" girls with "bar girls"  it really isn't that big a dividing line...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, billd766 said:

Apart from on the roads, I have never really come across any rudeness or nastiness from Thais, quite the opposite.

I think a lot depends on someones attitude to them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes some may prefer to deny that their wives were ever on the game, knowing that they were. There are also quite  a few 'good' ladies who may have done some part-time P4P work over the odd weekend too. Money is an attraction. Doesn't prevent them stopping and becoming good wives!

Surely they should not still be referred to as 'hookers'.... are retired train drivers still train drivers?

I am a retired musician, but still a musician.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Well Kamphaengphet is a sleepy little town isn't it..Never any knifings or killings in the club next to the main Kampheang hotel.

Just around the corner there is the rock bar where older (but not too old) wives go for a dance and a shag.......Over by the Uni you can of course get a cheap shag but further down the "Leelawadee" family have a resort for the older wife to be entertained. The whole (new) ringroad has shagging resorts and the "old road" has karaokes in every direction...

I bet you a beer chang that within a 1 hour drive of where you live there is a knocking shop for you or your wife...

You are probably correct as I live 65km from KPP and it is about an hours drive.

Having said that I don't bother to go to KPP in the evenings so I have no idea what goes on there.

You obviously do.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sanemax said:

I did say somethings : Accommodation prices have remained stable, due to the huge competition

Nothing else, other than farang bar prices and life styles, has increased much either. It's only those that want a fancy life style that have seen significant price increases.

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I don't have the opposite view, but I do have the view that the EU will be equally problematic as a place to live.

The world is only getting worse, everywhere. I can only hope I'll be dead before everywhere is unbearable to live.

The Antarctic is a wonderful place to live, but it's not possible to live there permanently on one's own resources, and the companies that do exist there don't cater for retirees.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I am a retired musician, but still a musician.

Then you are not retired!

How about a convict? 

How about a journalist.

How about a teacher. a policeman...

But all this silly semantics is not the point is  it? A woman who has given up being a bar girl, got married and taken on a different lifestyle should not be refered to as a hooker, prostitute or worse, a whore. It  is insulting, and ignorant, and does little to ingratiate one to their husbands! The woman currently nearby to me, well I would consider it quite offensive if some bigot used such terminology towards her.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Then you are not retired!

How about a convict? 

How about a journalist.

How about a teacher.

But all this silly semantics is not the point is  it. A woman who has given up being a bar girl, got married and taken on a different lifestyle should not be refered to as a hooker, prostitute or worse, a whore. It  is insulting, and ignorant, and does little to ingratiate one to their husbands! The woman currently nearby to me, well I would consider it quite offensive if some bigot used such terminology towards her.

Having 500 different sex partners a year mean one of two things, you're a prostitute or play in the NBA. Either way it is  difficult to erase the profession from ones resume.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I don't have the opposite view, but I do have the view that the EU will be equally problematic as a place to live.

The world is only getting worse, everywhere. I can only hope I'll be dead, or well into dementia, before everywhere becomes unbearable to live.

Being worse than what? Before 1. WW, Before 2. WW, during the 50,60,70íes in some asian countries? Since Franco Spain have become a paradise for some! 

Most of us in here in TV, have the best time ever on this planet, and you refer it to becoming worse? I think is is a fear question, worse than what? 

Yes Trump, and all that, and all the muslims and all that, and all the killing and that, but still is the big Q, worse than what?