The week that was in Thailand news: Beauty and the Beast – why Prayut could do with a proper makeover!

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

At least that poster had more of a point, albeit very little more, than the person who suggested that my usage of long words he had never heard of was disrespectful.

Fine article, though this is the line I chuckled at most. I barely dare mention the TV policy on the spelling police, but I have oft been quoted, where it was clear, that person had absolutely not understood, in the slightest, what I had said. Attacks you for your stupidity, then presents their own magic formula, which is exactly what you had originally written. Not sure if I am then supposed to give a like to it? I enjoyed your offering, so I will do so for you.

• Like 1

Excellent...er...ahem... scribblings! :smile:

I would make two comments...

Although I have spent the better part of the last 25 years in various Asian countries, I still do not really get the desire for white skin. Yes, I know what people say, I know what foreigners say, etc, but this is one that I simply don't feel in my bones. When Thais/Asians ask me about white skin, I usually reply that in my culture white skin is often regarded as an indication of illness then promptly ask if they are feeling okay. A dirty trick? Yes, but then I am never asked twice about it...

My second comment turns to politics as I am the political type;

"...Resentment is rife, as the military, meddling in politics of subjugation, have left the country in a state of limbo from 2014. The public has been disrespected and pessimism reigns.

History could repeat itself for was it not General Suchinda in 1992 who tried to cling to power resulting in bloodshed on the streets of Bangkok? That is another rhetorical question.

And while that conflict was resolved due to the intervention of a much respected higher power many will wonder what His Majesty Rama X will be able to achieve if things ever turn nasty again..."

Well said. In fact, it is likely better than anything that I am going to come up with, so I will simply say again, 'well said'.

Happy Sunday all!

• Like 2

As a falang, I find the Thai obsession with white skin very strange. That honey-brown skin so many Thai women have is just gorgeous.

As for the politics, I stay out of it. Not my business.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, rooster59 said:

When I arrived in Thailand – rather by accident in 1982 after turning left rather than right – I was immediately blown away by the inherent beauty of the people. Perhaps I should clarify that – the beauty of the women.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, rooster59 said:

But when you looked at the percentages there are far more exceptionally beautiful women in Thailand than elsewhere - especially those from everyday walks of life

When I lived in UK I used to find that out of every 100 or so women there might be one or two who made me turn round to look again.  In Thailand it is more like one or two in ten!

• Like 1

I have always found lots of very attractive Thai women in many places in Thailand, from

Phuket, to Nong Khai, Chiang Mai, Buri Rum, UdonThani, Bangkok, Pattaya, and Hua Hin.

Just saying that the great looking women seem to live all over the country. I have seen

that a few more have put on some weight as lots are eating more junk food than they did

in the past.  Pizza, Burgers, KFC and A and W, MacDonalds, are popular with the younger

generations.  Still, when I tour around Canada and in the US, I see way more huge,

fat women. Not sure if Europe, Russia, China etc are getting  bigger as I have not been there.

Anyway another good read this week, with lots of things covered, and I had a few chuckles

so Thanks, Rooster.

Geezer