BBQ spare ribs restaurant

gppower

go to Smokin Jo (or whatever it is called) next to Steak & Co on Soi Lenkee. There is also a new place on Soi 5 Jomtien (yes, the same soi as Immigration) that allegedly has very good ribs

go to Smokin Jo (or whatever it is called) next to Steak & Co on Soi Lenkee. There is also a new place on Soi 5 Jomtien (yes, the same soi as Immigration) that allegedly has very good ribs

I would also definitely say Smokin Joe's. Have not before heard good things about the Jomtien place but have heard it's more of a Thai style place with small portion very meh sides. That's also what it looked like when I checked out their menu but not inspired to try.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last time I went to Joes the ribs were obviously reheated and soggy. They also felt like the ribs had been boiled instead of slow smoked.

Poor man rich man in Jomthien had the real deal, only Saturdays I believe. I usually smoke my own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richsilver said:

Livv on the darkside has truly great ribs!  Tuesday is their special night with 100 baht discount and all you can eat.  They deliver as well.

I agree but getting there (Soi Kao Talo) during dinner hour can be a challenge if you don't live on the dark side. Another option is Rich Man Poor Man on Jomtien Soi 9. Park on Jomtien beach road.

18 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Buy a toaster oven. Anyone can easily make better ribs than the crap available here.

Yep...When I go out spending money it is not on anything that I can do better and cheaper by myself at home....I want to be pleasured in the ways that I can't do alone!!!!

Another vote for RMPM on Jomtien 9.

For in-town convenience, Smokin' Joe's on Lengkee gets my vote. I have never had bad ribs there and I recall that their ribs special is on a Friday? However, in my experience of 'fine dining' in Pattaya, and based on the premise of NEVER ordering a mixed grill dish on the Monday after the Sunday carvery at an English restaurant, I probably would not order ribs for Saturday lunch.

• 10 months later...
On 5/12/2018 at 8:22 PM, tolsti said:

the soi 5 place is sadly already gone ????