One million baht dowry as Irish man marries Thai boyfriend in Nakhon Sawan

rooster59

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Love, what is that anyway, mostly it translates into ownership and shared responsibilities, its an often misused word like 'hero' or 'forever'

but as the song goes, "If you can't have a dream, if you can't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true....."

From South Pacific, but the song goes like this:

You got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I would think your personal life is nobodies business.

I THINK........... Opinions are a bit like ars_oles........ we all have one.......... LOL.............

I don't understand your obvious 'personal' offense........ but, I felt it had a bit of value and I just threw it out there for 'what ever it was worth'..........

Essentially that I never paid any dowries..........

If you argue that 'working bars' makes a difference, I must admit that in some cases it 'doesn't' matter............ every case is an individual case and I know many of my ex-pat friends experiences......... the largest % not good ....... BUT ....... Many are GOOD (so I think LUCK and some personal judgement have a lot to do with the outcome)...........

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Smart pay zero.

SOME ex-pats are 'Smart' as us.................... But........... my personal experience --- hearing my friends speak ....... I think .... NOT SO MANY......

BUT........... I love the 'POOR Thai's' and I have pity on many (not all) of them........... I love to see 'Poor Thai's' improve their lifestyle..... Just a little........ especially if the 'farang' has the 'extra cash'............

Even though I have never 'Paid a dowry............. I have 'Hauled tons of US dollars to Thailand, which ultimately went to 'Issan' poor...........

BUT....... I never paid a dowry...............

41 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I THINK........... Opinions are a bit like ars_oles........ we all have one.......... LOL.............

I don't understand your obvious 'personal' offense........ but, I felt it had a bit of value and I just threw it out there for 'what ever it was worth'..........

Essentially that I never paid any dowries..........

If you argue that 'working bars' makes a difference, I must admit that in some cases it 'doesn't' matter............ every case is an individual case and I know many of my ex-pat friends experiences......... the largest % not good ....... BUT ....... Many are GOOD (so I think LUCK and some personal judgement have a lot to do with the outcome)...........

About 95% of females are not or were not working gals.

Not sure who these people are who marry hookers. Pretty desperate.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Justfine said:

About 95% of females are not or were not working gals.

Not sure who these people are who marry hookers. Pretty desperate.

Where do you come up with your stats??????       95%................ 

But........ "Not sure who these people are who marry hookers. Pretty desperate." in you reply raises a lot of question about  who you call 'hookers' and who you think marry one............  I know people who have married ladies they met working in bars......... I've had one 'bad experience' of my own....... But I've known some friends who met and married ladies they met working in bars, and lived a long and happy afterward........

************It is all a case by case situation........ there is no 'one answer' to all of it.............*************

I read in the Pattaya Mail or Bangkok post... Maybe 20 - 25 years ago of an Italian guy who had been married for 7 years before he found that his Thai Wife had been born as a man.......... LOL.............. Thailand is full of surprises  ........

With 35 years of Thailand under my belt..... Having listened to so many stories from my friends and aquaintences, Having married 2 Thai ladies (one prostitute)(one wonderful).... I have a bit of experience to speak from........... How about you?????? What is your qualifications to speak on this subject?????

Did you pay a dowry???? Did you marry a 'ladyboy' and live happily????? Did you marry a hooker??????Tell us what you know about 'this  subject' 'this OP'............??????

BUT.............. I've never paid a dowry........ And I've never slept with a 'Ladyboy' (much-less married one...... LOL..... )

6 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Where do you come up with your stats??????       95%................ 

But........ "Not sure who these people are who marry hookers. Pretty desperate." in you reply raises a lot of question about  who you call 'hookers' and who you think marry one............  I know people who have married ladies they met working in bars......... I've had one 'bad experience' of my own....... But I've known some friends who met and married ladies they met working in bars, and lived a long and happy afterward........

************It is all a case by case situation........ there is no 'one answer' to all of it.............*************

I read in the Pattaya Mail or Bangkok post... Maybe 20 - 25 years ago of an Italian guy who had been married for 7 years before he found that his Thai Wife had been born as a man.......... LOL.............. Thailand is full of surprises  ........

With 35 years of Thailand under my belt..... Having listened to so many stories from my friends and aquaintences, Having married 2 Thai ladies (one prostitute)(one wonderful).... I have a bit of experience to speak from........... How about you?????? What is your qualifications to speak on this subject?????

Did you pay a dowry???? Did you marry a 'ladyboy' and live happily????? Did you marry a hooker??????Tell us what you know about 'this  subject' 'this OP'............??????

BUT.............. I've never paid a dowry........ And I've never slept with a 'Ladyboy' (much-less married one...... LOL..... )

Look up the population stats and est of prostitutes.

Pretty easy to do.

"read in the Pattaya Mail or Bangkok post... Maybe 20 - 25 years ago of an Italian guy who had been married for 7 years before he found that his Thai Wife had been born as a man.......... LOL.............. "

Sounds like a made up story that would appear in a low grade rag.

32 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"read in the Pattaya Mail or Bangkok post... Maybe 20 - 25 years ago of an Italian guy who had been married for 7 years before he found that his Thai Wife had been born as a man.......... LOL.............. "

Sounds like a made up story that would appear in a low grade rag.

Here again?????? You are questioning the 'low grade rag??????  It was totally believable that some ladyboy had 'the surgery' and fooled the 'unsuspecting Italian' for so long......... If you hang around Thailand long enough you will learn of many more such 'odd' situations......

35 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Look up the population stats and est of prostitutes.

Pretty easy to do.

Not that easy.... I just tried and don't come up with anything similar........ specify a source, please............

Does it also display what percent of prostitutes receive a dowry and how many foreign guys marry ladyboys??????

If you have more then PM me please and we can discuss it without the forum...............

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Here again?????? You are questioning the 'low grade rag??????  It was totally believable that some ladyboy had 'the surgery' and fooled the 'unsuspecting Italian' for so long......... If you hang around Thailand long enough you will learn of many more such 'odd' situations......

Not that easy.... I just tried and don't come up with anything similar........ specify a source, please............

Does it also display what percent of prostitutes receive a dowry and how many foreign guys marry ladyboys??????

If you have more then PM me please and we can discuss it without the forum...............

I don't believe it. Trashy stories are common.

Simple google search 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Thailand

Take the midpoint of the estimates and divide by population.

My .02$.   I read the first page and the person who used the q word didn't seem to use it in a derogatory manner but then all hell ensued.  I didn't read much more but I see this thread remains a battle.   

I was a homophobic young man. 

I'm now very open minded, equal rights, even took the family to a pride parade in support once.  

But all you LGBT people are doing massive damage by fights like this.   

Queer, gay, homosexual. Just be happy in the progress the last 40 years and don't rub this sort of crap in straight humanities face.   It will backfire. 

A very straight male. 

• Sad 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, Jingthing said:

It's usually written LGBT or LGBTQ. It is indeed OK to say queers unless you're using it as a slur. Are you?...

In the acronym LGBTQ, what is the difference between G (gay) and Q (queer)? I have lost track of the frequently changing politically correct interpretations.

Also, the acronym seems to have changed or grown over the years. I believe to have seen LGBTQX and LGBTQX+. What is the latest?

Edited by Puccini

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

In the acronym LGBTQ, what is the difference between G (gay) and Q (queer)? I have lost track of the frequently changing politically correct interpretations.

Also, the acronym seems to have changed or grown over the years. I believe to have seen LGBTQX and LGBTQX+. What is the latest?

Man

Woman

Boy

Girl

No need for any other labels.

• Like 1

On 16 mai 2018 at 2:06 PM, Elkski said:

My .02$.   I read the first page and the person who used the q word didn't seem to use it in a derogatory manner but then all hell ensued.  I didn't read much more but I see this thread remains a battle.   

I'm now very open minded, equal rights, even took the family to a pride parade in support once.  

Queer, gay, homosexual. Just be happy in the progress the last 40 years and don't rub this sort of crap in straight humanities face.   It will backfire. 

A very straight male. 

Whats going to backfire is everybody wanting to b considered "open minded" there for accepting anything and everything without thinking of the consequences it Will have in the future Not to mention just plane moral ethics. 

26 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Whats going to backfire is everybody wanting to b considered "open minded" there for accepting anything and everything without thinking of the consequences it Will have in the future Not to mention just plane moral ethics. 

Morally it would be much nicer to let people live happy lives together... with the person they love, no matter what sex, age gap, religion, skin colour, nationality etc.

What 'bad consequences' will come from accepting 2 people of the same sex can have the same rights as 2 people of opposite sex, and not be persecuted because of the person they fall in love with?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Wish the queers a Life full of gayness...........now please excuse me while i go vomit?

You clearly wish nothing but bad things for LGBTQ people. Now that, my dude, is truly vomit inducing. Why bother with your fake good wishes when you clearly are filled with HATRED and DISGUST? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

Bashing minorities and FEAR MONGERING is hardly moral or ethical.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

A post against forum rules has been removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You clearly wish nothing but bad things for LGBTQ people. Now that, my dude, is truly vomit inducing. Why bother with your fake good wishes when you clearly are filled with HATRED and DISGUST? 

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Preference is a right and hatred is a human feeling and feelings should b expressed freely as long as you do not preech physical violence twords the people or person concerned.

as to why i bother to say it the way i do is because there is no more room in this world for honesty, political corectness is taking away all of our freedoms of expression, and i am tired of getting restricted from posting Time and Time again. So like everything in this world now days it needs to b suger coated or else it Will b censored and of course i Would be called a norrow minded biggot because i am not open to absolutley evrything in society.

this behavior is turning the humanity into a bunch of over sensitive hypocrits.

hope this answers your question

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Morally it would be much nicer to let people live happy lives together... with the person they love, no matter what sex, age gap, religion, skin colour, nationality etc.

What 'bad consequences' will come from accepting 2 people of the same sex can have the same rights as 2 people of opposite sex, and not be persecuted because of the person they fall in love with?

Not being persecuted and being considered a new norm are two VERY different things. 

A very straight male. 

Society has all but "progressed" in the last 40 years.

what planet are u on?

A very straight male. 

Society has all but "progressed" in the last 40 years.

i think most Will agree on that

1 hour ago, Voodoochile said:

Preference is a right and hatred is a human feeling and feelings should b expressed freely as long as you do not preech physical violence twords the people or person concerned.

as to why i bother to say it the way i do is because there is no more room in this world for honesty, political corectness is taking away all of our freedoms of expression, and i am tired of getting restricted from posting Time and Time again. So like everything in this world now days it needs to b suger coated or else it Will b censored and of course i Would be called a norrow minded biggot because i am not open to absolutley evrything in society.

this behavior is turning the humanity into a bunch of over sensitive hypocrits.

hope this answers your question

Preaching hatred and bigotry DOES lead to violence. That is a fact. As far as your bigoted anti-gay POV being censored, give me a break. Your POV is in power now in some very powerful nations including the USA and Russia. 

• Thanks 1