Thailand Really Sucks As A Place To Raise Kids

chanchao

Thailand is no place to raise young kids  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to say I realized more how dangerous and unhealthy Thailand can be since having kids. In my home country, kids could play outside in pretty safe conditions, for sure safe from traffic, and the air and overall environment would be cleaner and less hazardous. Far less to worry from cars, motorcycles, dogs, or generally unsafe environments.

Also there's not a lot of places around where you can take young kids to play that are healthy and safe. Sure there's shopping center playgrounds and the like, but overall there seems far less 'family recreation' spots compared to Western countries.

Discuss. :o

I have been to many countries on this Earth - and in any country I found the same Circumstances, related to Money:

middle class or rich get a good education, have an acceptable environment with acceptable dangers - and the most important point is, with what kind of kids your kid is hanging around ....

look to the poors, even in the US - poor surrounding, limited education and be aware of the kids your kid is hanging around.

there is no perfect place ...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mixed bag. I don't have kids here directly, but there are two teenage girls with hill-tribe parents who I assist. They just graduated from a Nursing Course - youngest in their class of 106 students.

I guess I'd worry more if I had a daughter than a son - growing up here in Thailand. Sure, there are sexual predators everywhere, but I feel it's more accepted here (Thai men have no qualms, either morally or strictures from society, about taking advantage of a girl) ....at least in the States, an older man who's a predator knows he's doing something wrong. Here in Thailand, it's accepted - .....or at most, might get the ubiquitous 'mai pen rai' treatment.

Plus, there is no sense among individuals nor within Thai society for deadbeat dads to be show any responsibility for offspring they sire (or pathogens they spread).

To the dads out there: keep a close eye on your daughters. Sure there are some farang predators out there, but they usually stick to smoky beer joints. It's the Asians who are more of a concern. Not just men, but also women who make a business out of sveltly lure impressionable girls to better money gigs.

am I off topic, sorry.

It's a mixed bag. I don't have kids here directly, but there are two teenage girls with hill-tribe parents who I assist. They just graduated from a Nursing Course - youngest in their class of 106 students.

I'd worry more if I had a daughter than a son - growing up here in Thailand. Sure, there are sexual predators everywhere, but I feel it's more accepted here (Thai men have no qualms, either morally or strictures from society, about taking advantage of a girl) ....at least in the States, an older man who's a predator knows he's doing something wrong. Here in Thailand, it's accepted - .....or at most, might get the ubiquitous 'mai pen rai' treatment.

Plus, there is no sense among individuals nor within Thai society for deadbeat dads to be show any responsibility for offspring they sire (or pathogens they spread).

To the dads out there: keep a close eye on your daughters. Sure there are some farang predators out there, but they usually stick to smoky beer joints. It's the Asians who are more of a concern. Not just men, but also women who make a business out of luring impressionable girls with promises of big money.

am I off topic, sorry.