Prison director given 48 hours to recapture escaped inmates or face transfer

webfact

12 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I have never seen any reference that states that there is a major loss of income with a transfer of a Thai government employee to an inactive duty station. Typically, such transfers occur when a crime or complicity in a crime will be investigated wherein individuals fall within civil service regulations and procedures. That would preclude any loss of income. So it would be intuitive that while duties will be reduced, there would be no change in pay.

So can you provide a reference that substantiates your statement?

Thank you.

I hate to shock you! but you do realise that corruption in Thailand is rife! Official pay is a small part of total "salary", you don't buy expensive items on a Thai government salary!

Think about it..............:shock1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pearciderman said:

If the keys are NEVER left in the ignition, how can they especially be not left in at night?

just going on the bikes I have seen mate.   Most Thais I know never leave their keys in the ignition Maybe the Thais you know do but in big cities, they don't but glad you got your rocks off saying that  ok lol

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I have never seen any reference that states that there is a major loss of income with a transfer of a Thai government employee to an inactive duty station. Typically, such transfers occur when a crime or complicity in a crime will be investigated wherein individuals fall within civil service regulations and procedures. That would preclude any loss of income. So it would be intuitive that while duties will be reduced, there would be no change in pay.

So can you provide a reference that substantiates your statement?

Thank you.

The loss of income I refer to is the inactive post, this the punishment that removes them from the corrupt gathering of monies extra to their salary, they are no longer on distribution lists.

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I just dream (obviously) that one day a headline might read:

"Prison director given 48 hours to recapture escaped inmates or face dismissal and loss of pension"

Or take their place - now that would be something different. 

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

LOL. Wait until a junkie robs you or runs down a loved one.

Many of these junkies have had multiple opportunities to change their lives and blew it. They have lied and stolen from family, friends and employers.

They are in jail to protect themselves and to protect the community.

Yes it is your body and yes it is your choice. However, don't demand or expect that society spend millions to save you or to treat you as you go from one medical crisis to another. Junkies suck up too many resources and that won't be stopped or reduced no matter how many  safe injection sites are provided, and no matter if the chemicals are legalized. 

The  two criminals in jail were not just junkies but were major pushers. One doesn't hold 16,000 yaba pills or 46 g of ice for personal use.  The chemicals these guys were selling were toxic poisons. The drugs were not manufactured with  quality control or in set doses. It was to be expected that some of the customers would die if they got some of the bad product. The pushers didn't care. They were selling to whoever would buy including people who were sick and to kids.

So please don't go off on a  tangent about poor  junkies. If I had my way, these pushers would be executed. They cannot be rehabilitated because they are rotten to the core, having sold poison to vulnerable people.

No different from the high so after 5 drinkers that kill thousands of people every year. 

There is absolutely no difference between a heavy drinker and a drug user. You would have to kill hundreds of thousands of people to clear the world of drug users. It's already been proven in Amsterdam and Portugal. When drugs were legalised, the crime rate plunged. Drug related deaths almost disappeared and people got clean all by themselves. The multimillion dollar empire of drug sales and confiscations of those dollars, are why governments don't want to legalise it. It's shameful. 

3 hours ago, hgma said:

If so, pay your own bill then will you, damage third parties, medical misery, mental assistance etc.....then i do agree with you...live and let live,just don't bother me with your choice!!

That is the point. 

If left alone to do the thing that they are compelled to do, 

Then they wouldn't bother any one. 

Why do you not have a problem with an expensive jail ?

But have a problem with free mental health care? 

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Isn't that the BIB's job?

This is Thailand, so rules are made up as we go along - possibly the BIB said go find them yourselves, you lost them. 

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

just going on the bikes I have seen mate.   Most Thais I know never leave their keys in the ignition Maybe the Thais you know do but in big cities, they don't but glad you got your rocks off saying that  ok lol

Just pointing out that you were lying about what you see and what happens, now we are on to "most Thais I know" and before was all, why comment if you can't be honest?

16 hours ago, webfact said:

".....the Corrections Department chief has given the prison director 48 hours to re-capture them or face a transfer".

The top dog who wears the ultimate responsibility for the security of prisons shafts the prison boss to shed himself of any blame.

Normal Thai practice by the hierarchy when the going gets tough in the civil service. 

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

The loss of income I refer to is the inactive post, this the punishment that removes them from the corrupt gathering of monies extra to their salary, they are no longer on distribution lists.

"loss of income" - An unsubstantiated statement.

You make an assumption that a person within the Thai civil service under suspicion for negligence and/or criminal collusion would be immediately punished without cause by the mere transfer to an inactive station. I was asking for a citation or reference to back such a claim - not personal opinion that requires no legal foundation.

Unless Prayut invokes Article 44 that bypasses civil service regulations and the right to defend oneself to unproven accusations, one cannot immediately punish someone in civil service, ie., pay will not be affected. Transfer to an inactive duty station becomes essentially a paid vacation until an investigation is competed.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I just dream (obviously) that one day a headline might read:

"Prison director given 48 hours to recapture escaped inmates or face dismissal and loss of pension"

Why, does that happen anywhere else?  Why would you want it to happen in this case...because he's Thai perhaps?

Edited by Just Weird

9 hours ago, pearciderman said:

Just pointing out that you were lying about what you see and what happens, now we are on to "most Thais I know" and before was all, why comment if you can't be honest?

Ok sorry Mr Perfect I will try and use the right words next time so I don't lie to you But I am glad you read my comment about the escape Must have got your attention I try better next time ok just for you  

• Haha 1