Beaches in crisis: Bang Saray - a black, stinking mess; all marine life dead.

snoop1130

yjutyu.JPG

If you are thinking of taking a trip to Bang Saray beach in Sattahip we have some advice - DON'T!

Daily News reported that the popular sandy beach was a disaster zone on Monday following run off from heavy rains in the area.

The water is black out 100 meters to sea.

The whole place stinks something rotten.

Not a single tourist is daring to go anywhere near the water.

Virtually all marine life is dead. 

The news media reporting from the area said it was a huge disaster affecting the entire length of the beach.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/643461

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-5-14

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

and the Marine Protection Dept want to fine a smoker 100,000baht and put them in Jail for a year for smoking on an open air beach and correctly using an ashtray 

What will happen to whoever is responsible for this ?  must be at least 20years in Jail and a fine of at least 10 million baht, the damage to the environment and marine life is horrendous  

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Now what could be possibly be behind this new ecological disaster on Thai beaches ?

The Falangs did it.

Thailand needs a tough crack down,  on Falang tourist scum.

Tarnishing the pristine beaches of Thailand,  cared for by local Thai people and industry. :bah:

On my second trip to Thailand, I visited beautiful Ao Nang beach.  I swam in the crystal clear, warm water, and it was a wonderful experience.  However, I was mystified by a constant stream of black, sludgelike liquid which seemed to originate from the area of one of the big resorts.  I wondered if it could actually be foul wastewater being released untreated into the pristine waters.  However, I quickly put that thought out of my mind, for surely this could not be happening in any developed,  civilized country.  It had to be a temporary aberration which would soon be rectified, if not by the resort, then by the authorities.  A year later, I visited Ao Nang again.   The same stream was still there, in the same spot, but was about twice the size, slowly draining thick black liquid into the beautiful sea.   Now I wonder how long before Ao Nang looks like the beaches of Pattaya and Sattahip.  

4 minutes ago, surfdog said:

recently on Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, if you walk to one end of the beach near the trail to the Centara, there is a steady river of jet black sludge going out to the ocean.  

Wow, I just posted about this same stream, then I saw your post, it's the next post after yours. 

1 minute ago, alfalfa19 said:

Wow, I just posted about this same stream, then I saw your post, it's the next post after yours. 

yeah, this is pretty dangerous, staphylococcus will survive in the ocean water long enough to affect swimmers.   Since there was no issue of hiding it here, and the ongoing documentation in Pattaya reported here, I can assume cess pits are overflowing into public canals leading to the ocean in every developed coastal area.   

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

The Falangs did it.

Thailand needs a tough crack down,  on Falang tourist scum.

Tarnishing the pristine beaches of Thailand,  cared for by local Thai people and industry. :bah:

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, smedly said:

and the Marine Protection Dept want to fine a smoker 100,000baht and put them in Jail for a year for smoking on an open air beach and correctly using an ashtray 

What will happen to whoever is responsible for this ?  must be at least 20years in Jail and a fine of at least 10 million baht, the damage to the environment and marine life is horrendous  

Like and agree with your comment, but why don't your beloved junta, with their unlimited power, do something about it??? They're doing beggar-all else.

Most likely the result of sediment brought down from the rain resulting in low levels of oxygen in the water and this killing off life, which is what causes the smell, if so it will clear naturally.  Or it could be an algal bloom that is suffocating the life, but considering the rain it is most likely just sediment.

You have seen nothing yet wait until the flood come this rainy season. Million tons of raw sewage will be going into the sea/beaches. But wait, everyone can get a ride on the submarines, or the bullet trains.

Thai have no understanding of pollution impact on tourism but it will come to this soon and only visitors will be zero spending Chinese hordes polluting even more!! 

How can/will  these people learn ?

from those at the  top to the thai person in the street they dont care one iota about the environment, all the waterways clogged solid with their rubbish, sewage not treated properly, the list goes on, and this is the outcome, and when things like this happen *oh !! they are surprised, when i lived in Bangkok (phra khanong) the local river was jammed solid with garbage, cant blame the tourists for this one, (although they would like to) (thai would never do that) remember that old saying,  ha ha

9 hours ago, smedly said:

Don"t forget the "Tarnishing the good name of Thai Tourism" bit!

Archived