Beaches in crisis: Bang Saray - a black, stinking mess; all marine life dead.

snoop1130

Even the Chinese and Russians wouldnt swim in that filth.

This isn't a breaking news story.

The Gulf has been used as a chemical waste disposal dump for decades in the hope it would flush

out into the ocean proper and become someone elses problem.

It hasnt.

Thailand is corrupt to the core. Even the Police chief had to bail himself out of criminal court  the other day.

• Like 2

Didn't you guys see the photo in the link?   
The Thai's are addressing the problem and showing they care by pointing at it.  Now that they've pointed at the culprit, maybe a little extortion,  a trip to the bath house, a bottle of whiskey and all is well again!   

• Like 2

So sad. Thailand running before it can walk. I hope it's cleared up before 2019. My niece is getting married there. It will certainly leave a lasting impression on the groom's family, coming in from the USA, if it's not.

This is nothing, wait until they start dumping all the water from the Bangkok clongs, Just look a the great quality of water in the clong near pratu nam or elsewhere for that matter. When I go over the bridge to go to Sai Mai, you have all the shacks sitting over the clong with the shitters dumping directly-into the clong. 

Edited by uffe123

1 hour ago, surfdog said:

recently on Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, if you walk to one end of the beach near the trail to the Centara, there is a steady river of jet black sludge going out to the ocean.  

When I last stayed at Centara in 2016 there was a slimy, stinky little river of filthy water in that same spot. 

Obviously nothing was done about it and it has only gotten worse. Sad

• Like 1

Fantastic how the tourism ministry can continue to promote tourism to beautiful beach destinations in Thailand. Well aware of the situation, and without pushing for anything beeing done about it.
Here you can really talk about giving yourself a big fat horse kick in the big fat butt.

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

So sad. Thailand running before it can walk. I hope it's cleared up before 2019. My niece is getting married there. It will certainly leave a lasting impression on the groom's family, coming in from the USA, if it's not.

they should just avoid the big tourist spots.  they are the ones most likely to be polluted.  anything would be better than pattaya and jomtien, and that entire area.  last time i was at koh chang, the beaches were still decent, and the half day boat trips took us to some truly beautiful islands for snorkeling. 

One day I asked the wife what does the guy who empties our toilet system do with all the poo he collects.

Her reply  "he dumps it in a field"   :shock1:

Me - What! Surly not there must be a proper sewage disposal place? 

She - No he just finds a remote deserted field and dumps it.

Me - Pondering a suitable reply but realize there is none   :shock1: :shock1: :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Now what could be possibly be behind this new ecological disaster on Thai beaches ?

Must be all those farangs flocking to Bang Saray. They should be fined and deported.

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

In 1979 this expat was the only Farang living in Ban Saray and the beach was pristine. 

What happened! 

I live 200m from the sea in bang saray... Nothing happened... Rhe story is bullshit. 

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Now what could be possibly be behind this new ecological disaster on Thai beaches ?

What do you think about all this factories, chemical factories in the immediate vicinity.

It has been 20 years ago that I have already made the decision not to buy or rent a house there.

The biggest problem in Thailand is, if they believe and accept it or not, the Thais themselves. But the ever-important face prevents anything. 

It was a beautiful country, it is still a nice country today but if you let them have it their way this country will be in the doldrums of planet Earth. Greed, greed, selfishness, money driven sick society! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, smedly said:

and the Marine Protection Dept want to fine a smoker 100,000baht and put them in Jail for a year for smoking on an open air beach and correctly using an ashtray 

What will happen to whoever is responsible for this ?  must be at least 20years in Jail and a fine of at least 10 million baht, the damage to the environment and marine life is horrendous  

A "one hundred thousand baht fine".  Wherever did you see this?  I've only read of 1000baht fines.

49 minutes ago, MROLL320 said:

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT.

I live 200m from the sea in bang saray.. Pretty sure I'd be able to smell anything bad?

Been and looked all around and there's nothing... Nil!! 

Saw people in the sea yesterday and this morning. Been and looked at low tide and nothing? Ask around and nobody's seen or smelt anything?

Somebody needs to check some facts before sensationalising a story.....

Pic this morning... 

PC_20180515_074600_hdr.jpg

PC_20180515_074608_hdr.jpg

PC_20180515_075921_hdr.jpg

No pollution.No tourists, no vendors,no boats. A few high rises in the distance.

When did you say this picture was taken?