Khaosod Unearths Dog Mass Grave At Govt Site

webfact

Khaosod Unearths Dog Mass Grave At Govt Site

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

grave6-696x376.png

An image Monday shows parts of dog corpses sticking out in a pit near the Nakhon Phanom Quarantine Station.

NAKHON PHANOM — A mass grave of dogs and cats was discovered Monday outside a government-run animal facility.

Tipped about its existence, a Khaosod reporter found more than 10 pits of various sizes which excavators had dug into the ground about 50 meters away from the Nakhon Phanom Quarantine Station.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/05/14/khaosod-unearths-dog-mass-grave-at-govt-site/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-05-15
  • Sad 1

Wow, this is truly dreadful. Those flat out denials made last weekend certainly rang very hollow at the time. It appears the issue of animal welfare in this country is one that only a small percentage of the population truly grasp.

I mean wher are all these animals going to go if (not when) they are vaccinated and certified to be free of disease? It seems there is absolutely no system in place, and now the pits have been discovered those people running this facility have been rumbled and are very unlikely to have a plan B

• Like 2

Hmmm.

Concentration camps, systematic exterminations and mass graves...

With all possible respect to my many relatives who perished in such places..,

For soi dogs,  I LIKE it!

Name them Doghau, Barkingwald, Slobberbor, Arfschwitz!

I would happily report some local soi dogs to the authorities.

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

I guess they have to get rid of them somewhere. Think these mass graves are a perfect solution, or maybe they should have been left to smell in the quarantine station as well as in the streets.
Just face it! We can´t save them all, they are just to many.

Sounds more like the final solution...:sorry:

• Like 1

The real question is more like how were they killed ? A number probably because they were ill , not fed and left to die a slow death. But others brutally slaughtered , like they do with farm animals or worse , because they wanted to clean up the place for inspection?

I think we can all remember the horrific pictures of the mass murder of cows & sheep with alledged BSE in the UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Strange story. It's well-known in Nakhon Phanom nearly all the inhabitants are dog eater.

Strange comment. You mean  Sakhon Nakhon don't you?

It is only a small minority there eating dog meat.

It's well known that you shouldn't let facts get in the way of an untrue and sensational post.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Sad 1