PU Closed Cell Roof Foaming...

moonseeker

Any Recommendations? I am getting almost identical quotations from Pattaya and BKK companies from 580 to 600 per sqm, with varying thickness and explanations. 2 inch or 1 inch must make some kind of difference? If not in insulation effectiveness than at least I would expect a lower sqm price? Any feedback appreciated. MS>

Any Recommendations? I am getting almost identical quotations from Pattaya and BKK companies from 580 to 600 per sqm, with varying thickness and explanations. 2 inch or 1 inch must make some kind of difference? If not in insulation effectiveness than at least I would expect a lower sqm price? Any feedback appreciated. MS>
You should go to the d.i.y forum. It is on general/real estate. I am looking too so am interested in your results. Is this price for installation or just supply? Someone reccomended Unipro Thailand but they haven't replied to my email yet. There is a phone number on their website.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, moonseeker said:

I am talking about this......http://www.sprayfoamthailand.com/   Not insulation panels or such.

Marc, so far seem the nicest contact I had and his price is in line with others, also does Marc talk about 2-inch, others offer less thickness.

Will have to decide soon, as construction moving....MS>

Looks and sounds great - but also quite expensive. 

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

I used ARC in Pattaya 10 years ago. I think it was ฿500 sq/m. There is also another company called LOHR, although at the time they didn’t have great reviews and didn’t include the additional roof spinning fans in the price.

It works great for sealing the roof and the house cools down quicker in the evening with the AC on. The problem is the heat can get trapped during the day, if you haven’t got the AC running, although this isn’t really a big deal for me in our house.

From the other topic.

On 4/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, moonseeker said:

Thank you kindly. This is great info. I had partial roof foamed previously and had also leak/deterioration problems. Probably will just go for "green" gypsum or SHERA ceiling board.

Regards.  MS>

Change of heart @moonseeker ?

The big issue with any of these treatments is simply that, once it's on, it's on for good. It's very difficult to find leaks and even more difficult to fix them.

The jury is still out on whether insulting under the tiles is better than insulating on top of the ceiling and ventilating the attic space, we have attic ventilation with insulating batts on the ceilings.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Didn't you start the same topic back on April 15th HERE

Thank you Rimmer. Sorry, crazy busy life and memory and other troubles due to serious C and chemo for a full year. I am terribly aware of my shortcomings.. Thanks for info, will try to improve. Regatds...MS. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crossy said:

From the other topic.

Change of heart @moonseeker ?

The big issue with any of these treatments is simply that, once it's on, it's on for good. It's very difficult to find leaks and even more difficult to fix them.

The jury is still out on whether insulting under the tiles is better than insulating on top of the ceiling and ventilating the attic space, we have attic ventilation with insulating batts on the ceilings.

Will probably do foam and Shera ceiling. Annoying to have leaks in a new home. Cost seems to be pretty uniform and Marc came across a really nice contractor even so he is out of town and I might get a slightly better deal locally. Thx.  and regards. MS