Company did no cancel work permit

Need some urgent help please,

My previous company did not cancel my work permit and I also did not go to the authorities until I got a new job. Now the authorities say they can't cancel because there is no payslip.

I also only left the country 2 months and 1 days later after I stopped working. Theoretically, that would l mean that I overstay for more than 1 month that is penalized by one year entering Thailand plus fine.

I am also married in Thailand and I am not sure if that would help. I am in contact with Siam Legal and they might be able to work something out but perhaps you have some tips.

Thanks

Edited by rjhklein

The is no ban from entering the country until you have more than 90 days of overstay. Certainly not one month unless caught with an overstay.

The work permit not being canceled would not cause you to be on an overstay.

In reality you cannot be fined for a overstay by immigration for not formally canceling your extension of stay if you have left the country since you stopped working. But they can insist the previous extension be canceled before accepting a application for a new one.

Immigration might accept a termination letter from you previous employer dated for the date you left the country to formally cancel your extension.

If you are legally married to a Thai you can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon your marriage.