How do you like the local ‘dirty crockery shop’ ?

peterb17

My boyfriend and I are hooked on the local - sell everything- dirty crockery shop.

Near the  machapan lake in the riviera of the East.

I bought some knives - they would take your arm off - so sharp were scary .

There is always something- maybe not Harrods 

I like these shops - it’s fun .

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to take their arm off?

I was on disability for a few years in the early ‘90s (cut my foot off). Got into the whole thrift-store/yard-sale/swap-meet/jockey-lot/storage-wars thing, kind of burned out on it. I already have too much crap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

every corner has them   20 bahtshops    like posted before its all crap stuff   also as you said  can be fun    the thing that does surprise me is that a poster with 

• 1,354 posts
  • still finds it intrigueing 
Edited by Lamkyong
  • Sad 1

Oh for Heavens Sake

Of course I am sorry you have a disability. The reference was these knives were really sharp- for not much money - we have to spend our lives looking after all the PC crap - I don’t care about your problems .

I was kidding, I know no one would want to cut off an arm. Sorry.

I don’t have a disability, I severed a foot and was on disability while if was reattached.

I
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

I was kidding, I know no one would want to cut off an arm. Sorry.

I don’t have a disability, I severed a foot and was on disability while if was reattached.

I

That’s grand.  One of my colleagues has a plastic wooden leg.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I like the one behind Big C Marina Mall . The whole area used to have loads of outdoor nik-nak stalls but now only this one survives (if it is still there that is - haven't been for a year). It has two big black cocks at the entrance to make it easy to spot...

Just a bit difficult to get to in the truck these days, so I started using the one at Km 100 at the side of the motorway. Haven't tried it since they opened the new toll booths though. Sort of place where you need to generate a fair list of what you need and then do a mega-shop. Amazing what you find in there. No Thai spoken, so come armed with pictures or written translations. Usually too hot in there to just amble around!

PeterB

several years ago when I was a new expat,  a very long ago a friend took me to a "dirty crockery shop" in Pattaya the wife declares they are the best knives she has owned we also got some good quality crockery. I would like to go back for more but I don't  know where it is I just know it was on a main road in big and  rough building  like a huge shed. Any ideas that may help me find it. I live out in Prachin buri and do not know Pattaya very well . Help

Edited by Aupee
Bad spelling

Magic knives? Or ones just sharpened before being sold. There is nothing particularly difficult about sharpening any knife. The 'magic' is finding ones made of quality steel that will retain its edge. The cheaper the steel the easier it is to put the edge on and faster to bend, roll, or wear away. Five minutes with a pair (or trio) of sharpening stones will restore any edge. Spend some money on a good knife and only do that 2-3 times a year. It's not magic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I bet the Wife would spot those quick enough....................:whistling:

Thanks I will try to find bigC at Marina Hall don' t know where that is, Soi Bakao , Friendship  Dolphin, round a bout,big C formerly Carrifore, is my limited navigation aids . But by the sound of the  big cocks maybe I should travel alone don't' want the wife to get any ideas!!!!!!

12 hours ago, peterb17 said:

No it’s not the 20 baht shop - yes not so good

It was just a post ( different from the divorce, gf scamming me, over stay, in jail, lost all my money, house falling down, hate lady boys, prostitutes are so expensive , can’t get a decent maid / slave these days etc etc etc
Regards

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

:smile:  good on ya

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Is it necessary to your thread that we know you are gay?

If the thread started with 'My wife and I' would you have even blinked? I don't see the issue that he enjoys shopping with his partner. 

• Like 1

If the thread started with 'My wife and I' would you have even blinked? I don't see the issue that he enjoys shopping with his partner. 

Actually, I thought the OP’s use of boyfriend was refreshing after the tired use of “partner”.

In any event, it’s a thread about shopping for nick-nacks and crockery...
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, fakename said:

So where is this shop, by Mabprachan? I live near there, but never seen such a shop, maybe never looked! 

If I'm reading it right I think the OP means a relatively new place on SSCC, heading from Chicken Cross roads to the lake its on the RHS not too far after SP3 village. HTH. :smile: