Income as an alternative to seasoning cash in bank

23 hours ago, xylophone said:
Can't let it go can you...............

Yes I do know whether or not I have an embassy or consulate providing the documentation, and in fact I have both, mainly because I have two different income sources from two different countries and two different passports, and I get choose whichever is the most convenient source for me.

Anyway, as I said before I do what I do and it's no business of yours, so you can question away all you like if you have nothing better to do, but I have given the explanation twice to you and your fellow antagonist wgdanson, so that's it.

But just to confuse you even further, I will let you into a secret, inasmuch as I can get the information I need from three different sources actually............. there you go, something for you to ponder over, and which will probably confound you even more.

However no more from me as it's not worth my time and effort..........I can explain it to you, but I can't help you understand it!

It's not a question of "letting it go" (as you seem anxious to do) it's just that you posted something that seems unlikely, such as uncertified copies of documents being accepted by Immigration, and it's not unreasonable on a forum called Thaivisa to be interested in how that works, if that actually works.    

It's strange for someone to post that sort of claim on a visa discussion forum and for you to then say it's no one's business what you do in that connection!

I have no interest at all in where your incomes come from, how many income sources you have or how many passports you have, who gives a s hit?   I sure won`t be pondering anything, neither will I be profoundly confused!  I was just curious about how Immigration allegedly accepts your copies.  If you can't elaborate, that's fine, I'll draw my own conclusions about it...as will others , no doubt. 

Edited by Just Weird

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's not a question of "letting it go" (as you seem anxious to do) it's just that you posted something that seems unlikely, such as uncertified copies of documents being accepted by Immigration, and it's not unreasonable on a forum called Thaivisa to be interested in how that works, if that actually works.    

It's strange for someone to post that sort of claim on a visa discussion forum and for you to then say it's no one's business what you do in that connection!

I don't know about 'uncertified' copies, but I do have a friend who submitted copies of his Income Letter from his Embassy for 4 years running until the IO noticed the date was 5 years old. The coffee stain gave it away. :sad:

He wasn't aware the original letter was only valid for 6 months and the IO never noticed the date and they were copies.

This was for marriage extensions and the applications were approved by Korat as well.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I have no interest at all in where your incomes come from, how many income sources you have or how many passports you have, who gives a s hit?  

No interest, so why the following from you...………

Really?  You mean the one that Immigration keep for their records?  You don't get the original of that Embassy letter back so how did you manage to use it the next year, exactly? You are wrong on this as I get the originals to start with.

He clearly uses an imaginary IO. Wrong again.

"So which one are you using, then?  And how come you don't seem to know whether you an Embassy or a Consulate is providing this documentation?". Wrong again, I use both as stated, in fact I have the option of 3 sources.

So your inferences being quite clear, and say more about you than me. 

However I will elaborate for your benefit once again although it is proving difficult for you to grasp...…..

A high quality colour laser print can be indiscernible from an original, including the signatures and different colour inks, so they don't know it is a copy, and not only that, I have never had any IO closely scrutinise my paperwork, as long as the numbers add up and letters from my bank and pension folk are attached.

You may wish to make your own incorrect conclusions, however you are making assumptions, whereas I know.

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I don't know about 'uncertified' copies, but I do have a friend who submitted copies of his Income Letter from his Embassy for 4 years running until the IO noticed the date was 5 years old. The coffee stain gave it away. :sad:

He wasn't aware the original letter was only valid for 6 months and the IO never noticed the date and they were copies.

This was for marriage extensions and the applications were approved by Korat as well.

Excellent and timely...……..thanks.

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

No interest, so why the following from you...………

I said that I had no interest in your passports or income.  I don't. 

I was interested in how Immigration accepts copies from you, that's all, and yes, I am doubting what you say.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

A good and honest reply, and I suppose my question reflected my "uncertainty" about such an investment.

The reason being that I was in NZ when the majority of the finance companies went belly up, and there was carnage with people's life savings being wiped out, mainly because they thought these multi-million/billion finance companies were safe, when in fact they weren't and there were no guarantees in place whatsoever, and of course they weren't overseen by any financial monitors.

Then of course we had the CDO debacle, and this again was as a result of lack of oversight and allowing the banks and finance companies to "police" themselves.

I sincerely hope your investments prove fruitful for you, with no hiccups along the way.

Australia has its own litany of finance companies. Bridgecorp ( Oz & NZ ), Elderslie Finance, Hastings Capital, City Pacific, MFS - the list goes on and on.

The lessons I have learned from that are:

1/ The PDS documents might as well be written on toilet paper, for all it discloses of the true intentions of the promoters.

2/ ASIC does nothing to protect investors. They are useless, as the Royal Commission into the banks is highlighting.

3/ It's almost impossible for a shonk or thief to be sent to jail after the fact. They can afford lots of lawyers.

4/ Liquidators/administrators should be renamed lampreys. After they have finished sucking fees out of the corporate corpse, not much left for investors.

I'm more fortunate than many others in that I managed to rescue a considerable  portion of my capital. However, I would have no objection to restoring the punishment for theft still prevalent in parts of the Middle East.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I said that I had no interest in your passports or income.  I don't. 

I was interested in how Immigration accepts copies from you, that's all, and yes, I am doubting what you say.

The post from Tanoshi (#62) should help you.

So in the face of another example you still wish to doubt what I say...……...up to you, and just weird!

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Australia has its own litany of finance companies. Bridgecorp ( Oz & NZ ), Elderslie Finance, Hastings Capital, City Pacific, MFS - the list goes on and on.

The lessons I have learned from that are:

1/ The PDS documents might as well be written on toilet paper, for all it discloses of the true intentions of the promoters.

2/ ASIC does nothing to protect investors. They are useless, as the Royal Commission into the banks is highlighting.

3/ It's almost impossible for a shonk or thief to be sent to jail after the fact. They can afford lots of lawyers.

4/ Liquidators/administrators should be renamed lampreys. After they have finished sucking fees out of the corporate corpse, not much left for investors.

I'm more fortunate than many others in that I managed to rescue a considerable  portion of my capital. However, I would have no objection to restoring the punishment for theft still prevalent in parts of the Middle East.

Yes, I do know of friends who got burnt by some of those companies and I totally concur with what you say.

I was lucky in many respects because I did start up and run an Investment Advisory Division for a major bank in NZ, and one which has a great reputation, and I was scrupulous in my dealings with the offer documents, the process/processes and the security of the funds themselves, so that stood me in good stead when I left to retire.

I was looking at a couple of finance companies because they offered good rates, had well-known directors and were supposedly supported by major banks (clients of) however something wasn't quite right in my gut with regards to all that I knew, and all that I was seeing, so I opted for some good bonds at the time, e.g. Rabobank and Fonterra which proved great investments and the other funds I had I put in a utilities company which paid good dividends and some in bank term deposits as well as a cash float.

It is all too easy to get caught up in the need for income and take a risk, most of the time without knowing it, and the fact that one particular company in NZ lost millions of dollars of pensioners money, yet one of the directors has just completed building an $18 million house overlooking the sea – – makes me feel nauseous in the extreme.

I have held some corporate bonds and I believe when the market picks up I will get back into them, however for the moment I have my investments as stated above and am managing well.

One thing I have always said to investors is that they should know their own "risk profile/propensity for risk", yet many would be in the dark as to what this would be and how it applies to them.
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:41 AM, Lacessit said:

I average 5.3% with Ratesetter, one of the peer-to-peer lenders. That's a mix of one month, one year and 3 year loans. Latrobe Financial pays 5.2% on residential mortgages with a LVR of 70%.

Not interest, but dividends from the big banks are a grossed-up yield after franking credits of 7% or better.

The jury is still out on Raiz ( formerly Acorns ). A quasi-ETF for small investors.

One can get  10% interest on peer-to-peer loans with Marketlend or True Pillars. However, these have a much higher risk level.

I did some math I hope you find it interesting.

P2P loan of 800,000B @5.3% with one year term will require the borrower to pay 68,596B a month, total 823,152B. Your return is 23,152B before any fees, significantly less then 40,000 that you've stated in post #13.