Shaving soap - where to buy

amexpat

Williams Shaving Mug Soap -  eBay is your friend.  Three cakes plus shipping less than 500 baht. Arrives in about two weeks.  Williams is an old-time soap without perfume, makes a thick, rich lather when used with a good quality brush.

IMO, which is 100% personal experience, the best shaves require: hot water on the whiskers, some kind of lather brushed in well and a new sharp blade.  Keep the facial scene wet as you go.  Kind of soap not very important.  

Now I'm using body wash gel, coz it's handy in the shower.  When finished, apply a few drops of coconut oil to the face. I once used smelly aftershave products with alcohol, no more. 

But of course, as you like.

I started buying my shaving soap from Aliexpress, 250bht for 2 tins.

They have several brands to choose, soap or cream, from around the same price.

Now I've started making my own, just as something new to do.

Siamwetshave, way too expensive for me, about 4x the price for the same products.

shaving.jpg

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

INow I'm using body wash gel, coz it's handy in the shower.  When finished, apply a few drops of coconut oil to the face. I once used smelly aftershave products with alcohol, no more. 

But of course, as you like.

I make my own after shave balm.

50% Aloe Vera gel, 50% Witch Hazel beaten together, 60gm lasts over a month, costs almost nothing.

(add a couple of drops of essential oil if you want smells)

1 minute ago, johng said:

Where do you get Witch Hazel from ?

Lazada sell 'Thayers' at 500bht a bottle

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/thayers-witch-hazel-toner-rose-petal-335-ml-i220675739-s336546004.html?

I wasn't in a hurry so I purchased 'Dickersons' from Iherb, 2 bottles for 530bht including delivery (a lifetime supply for me)

https://th.iherb.com/pr/Dickinson-Brands-Witch-Hazel-For-Face-Body-16-fl-oz-473-ml/42030

Archived