Texas teen charged with killing 10 in high school massacre

rooster59

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The easy access to guns isn't the primary reason for the killings. The easy access facilitates the killings and allows more to be killed more easily. Without guns it would be bladed weapons, bows, clubs, spears, chemicals, vehicles or whatever.

The primary reason seems to be the prevalent culture, failure to deal with drug and mental health issues, and something very wrong with a particular part of a specific society.

Yep American society!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

It is scary times indeed when any supporter of any party ...OK mainly Republicans......OK mainly Faux News ....refers encouragingly to Biblical "End Times prophecys"...I can never get why one is rational but the other is a lunatic fringe...

Except that they are not a lunatic fringe.More correctly they are lunatics but are deeply embedded within the mainstream.

Neither Ben Franklin or Tom Jefferson would recognize this nation of gun crazed,lard-assed, maniacs.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, starky said:

Could you just name me a couple of these other countries that are having "similar" problems that have had 22 school shootings this year? Or 15? Or 10? 5 maybe? 

If people kill, not guns, then why not execute everybody and let guns live in peace...???

3 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

If people kill, not guns, then why not execute everybody and let guns live in peace...???

Execute everybody? Wow! Righto fruitcake. Ok that makes zero sense. How about we just limit <deleted> wits access to guns. Starting with lets say most Americans and definitely you.

Edited by starky
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Execute everybody? Wow! Righto fruitcake. Ok that makes zero sense. How about we just limit <deleted> wits access to guns. Starting with lets say most Americans and definitely you.

Ah! Rhetoric is lost on some.....and I never never never never want to hold a weapon again in my life.....never...Fruitcake? yep I'm one of those..but least said soonest mended eh..

People, what country (or State) that has willingly given up their guns, has less crime, today, that has actually been reported? This is not about guns, its about rights. I don't like guns, but I can make a handy weapon out of practically "ANYTHING". Even Bubblegum. Give me a break, this is all aimed at Texas, because they have a open carry. Take away Texas right to carry, you then take away one more Constitutional Right. Free Speech is being taken away....Anyone willing to fight for that? The "Programmed Lunitics"  ie: Smart Phones, MSM, GOOGLE, Music videos, ect...AFTER YOU help take down OUR Rights, YOURS Will Follow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reality is that according to so many American gun toting citizens, they would rather see their children shot and killed than grow up do something about gun ownership.  Therefore these shooting will continue unabated.  Sympathy as ever for the victims and their families but as for the excusers, the blood is on your hands!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Ah! Rhetoric is lost on some.....and I never never never never want to hold a weapon again in my life.....never...Fruitcake? yep I'm one of those..but least said soonest mended eh..

Yep-fruitcake.

Over six months to go before we get the usual "dead" count.

"No-one likes us-we don't know why..

We may not be perfect

But heaven knows we try.."

Edited by Odysseus123

Say i am crazy, i do not see why torture gets taken off the table so quick. We all learn torture is not right when we grow up so it is never, ever brought up as a viable solution. Delete my post or do what you will, but try burning one of these 100% guilty shooters on a stake and letd see how many kids die after that. 

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yep-fruitcake.

Over six months to go before we get the usual "dead" count.

"No-one likes us-we don't know why..

We may not be perfect

But heaven knows we try.."

Please read this again but with your sensible head on......"If people kill, not guns, then why not execute everybody and let guns live in peace...??? .

Please, it's not difficult ... it isn't even 11+ English Comprehension..!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

You don't seem to understand that I'm agreeing with you..

Okay.You laid it on with a trowel but I missed it..

Just relax..the Reverend Crespo Dollar will bless you and you will (I categorically assure you-with a 1,000 buck donation) that you will be on board the United Star Ship "Rapture" and be bound for eternity.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Okay.You laid it on with a trowel but I missed it..

Just relax..the Reverend Crespo Dollar will bless you and you will (I categorically assure you-with a 1,000 buck donation) that you will be on board the United Star Ship "Rapture" and be bound for eternity.

I like to book early but that is one trip I aint booked on..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Rhetoric is lost on some but not on me. Hard to tell if you are dealing with the cold dead hand brigade or not in these threads and some of them probably would rather see guns survive than people! Cos if there were only just more "good" guns everything would be all right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I like to book early but that is one trip I aint booked on..

The problem was/is Jeremiah that you sounded awfully close to those numb nuts..

The perils of satire I suppose..but anyhow it is not a trip that I am booked on either..have a good day-but pity the students..

2 minutes ago, starky said:

Rhetoric is lost on some but not on me. Hard to tell if you are dealing with the cold dead hand brigade or not in these threads and some of them probably would rather see guns survive than people! Cos if there were only just more "good" guns everything would be all right.

Sorry mate. I have a bit of a problem with guns and things...I should stick to "dirty crockery" threads. It's my own fault for joining in.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Sorry mate. I have a bit of a problem with guns and things...I should stick to "dirty crockery" threads. It's my own fault for joining in.. 

If only more of the "good" people could openly carry their broken crockery 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to replace humans with robots.We could program their emotions.It's not the gun or knife or weapon its our morality in America in many cases. People kill 

Peoples emotions are already programmed,kids are shown gun violence from a young age and the gunslingers are glorified heroes.

The internet is not much better because there is no one to tell them what is real and what is the right way to react.

Yes people kill,using guns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Keep joining in!

Y'know mate, a couple of years ago I took a short job in London. I had to find a location that was inside an East London school. I drove around it several times with the Satnav telling me that it was inside these walls and steel gate. The gates eventually opened to let me in and inside was a perfectly normal, functioning school.

I just sat in my car and cried my eyes out.

The outside was just like an RUC station in 'Derry in the 80s...but without the growl of pigs warming up and other things I don't want to talk about

Children of any nation shouldn't be (can't be) educated under these conditions!!!

1 hour ago, starky said:

Could you just name me a couple of these other countries that are having "similar" problems that have had 22 school shootings this year? Or 15? Or 10? 5 maybe? 

Similar Grrr kids meaning TROUBLESOME...I should have made it clearer for you....:saai:

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Just a thought. Why don't they been guns?

You mean make them suddenly and magically in the distant past? Put them all into a time machine and send them back? Even if we had the technology we probably would not want to do that.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Similar Grrr kids meaning TROUBLESOME...I should have made it clearer for you....:saai:

Yeah well in a thread that's about kids shooting up schools you would expect when people say countries have similar problems you would assume the poster was talking about the topic of the thread. Sorry I didn't understand what Grrrrr kids meant but coming from someone thats most constructive comments are oversized emojis I'm not surprised by childish references. Didn't realise the OP was about naughty boys.

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, samran said:

The only difference from 40 years ago is that back then the NRA was a organization centered around respectable and responsible gun ownership and firearms usage. 

Since the it has been hijacked by a natiavist and ideological zealots pushing an agenda who are happy to have kids mowed down every second week as long as they can win their petty culture wars. 

They are more than happy that Americans are desensitized by this violence as it allows their owners to sell more guns. 

To late to change to many bad guys that have guns, that don't obey the laws.Thousands of crimes are stopped each year by citizens who have guns to protect themselves .The good guys are not going to give up a constitutional right to protect themselves. Plenty of videos on YT  "active self protection" ,showing many videos of the good guys stopping the bad guys.The NRA promotes safety,it has nothing to do with people, who use guns to harm people.America's morality is the problem.Guns don't think people do.

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1