A different story - but the fact remains: Kuwaiti hit over the head with a snooker cue!

rooster59

I believe the Kuwaiti's story.

I've mistakenly walked soi 7 and it is like running a gauntlet.

Very aggressive in pulling customers in, and I walked by in the afternoon.

So if you want to feel wanted, give it a strole.

Edited by Juan B Tong

4 hours ago, HLover said:

Moderately curious who was telling the truth....

Drunken Arab or bar girl?

Coin flip really.

Well, they were in a way both armed with a stick, he with the intention to use his later on another location and her with the intention to use hers there and then so the questions should be is it really a crime to be the first one to use the stick and also if the size of the stick really matters...??...:whistling:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

A Kuwaiti Drunk in Ramadan,Oh Dear what will Allah make of that ??

Ramadan is flexibel for travelers ...but this does not include consuming alcohol

57 minutes ago, Birdbrain said:

Thai lady should be charged for assault with weapon and if owner of bar should know better and should show respect to customers at all times.

I can only assume that you are in the bar business and follow your own observations coming out with statements like that.

Or is that your expectations from the drinking side of the bar?

Of course respect should be given, but on occasion showing said respect can put people's lives in danger. 

I think it will not matter who is telling the truth. The bar is the one that will be punished. 

Pattaya is on a roll going after any one who attacks a tourist. The fine or what ever may be small but the reputation for Pattaya will be projected as police not accepting this behavior and will stop it.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

An ugly racist post typical of a lot of people on this forum. Firstly, how would you know if the Arab was Muslim or not? there are plenty of Christian Arabs too. Secondly,  if he was a true Muslim. he would not

drink.

Then why be involved and contribute to a forum full of ugly racists?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got slapped in a british beer bar on the new plaza by the owners wife because i complained about my bin.about 30 mins prior the cashier counted my bin which was 9.then mickeys wife took it & tried charging me for 21.i told her where to go but only paid for what i had

Many pathetic racist comments here.

What some do not realise is that for most Thais working in hooker bars, should you be an arab or a farang, they put everybody in the same bag.....it is the money bag which is the main thing that interests them. It's only business.

It is thus very ironic to see farangs  trying to feel superiour towards other ethnicities in Thailand, as all are foreigners in a country that mostly looks at your money should you be white, black, brown or green !

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A quality tourist again, observing his religious laws and only consuming during the night. His orange juice turned miraculously into something alcoholic and then the poor fellow got beaten with a cue. 

Also nice is the understanding of hospitality in certain establishments - a fine story!

Next please, is there nothing more interesting to write about? 

Abulla Kha Salenesi I do believe in accordance with your religious rules you are not supposed to be "drunk" as you've suggested so why were you even in a drinking establishment? But who am I to make a Judgement! No smoke without fire unless you were objectionable??

3 minutes ago, Alphy said:

Abulla Kha Salenesi I do believe in accordance with your religious rules you are not supposed to be "drunk" as you've suggested so why were you even in a drinking establishment? But who am I to make a Judgement! No smoke without fire unless you were objectionable??

I don't understand all this religious obsession of other's faith or lack thereof, do you follow all the precepts of your religion ? Have you even got a religion ? Why would you care , unless you are a fanatic ???

• Like 1

We have not seen what happened.
so it's hard to know who blames for the problems.
but I know THAI's often have a bad temperament,
and can become aggressive, especially if they have been drinking.

BUT, also know that people from the  Middle East / Arabic,
have a very bad behavior towards other people and think they are above others, and think they can do pretty much ase it suit them.. !!

so my guess will be that the man behaves badly, and then she loses her temper and hit him..
  • Like 2

And again another case of Thais taking the law into their own hands.

The Arab didn't hurt anyone but the Thai obviously insulted or appalled by the customers actions took matters into her own hands.

Battery was uncalled for. Could be construed as "Assault With a Deadly Weapon".

Yes the Arab man might have assaulted the bar verbally

but the physical violence was over reactionary and malicious

(not to mention illegal) on the part of the bar girl. 

Jail time for such behaviour is what these people need ..!

Fines are not enough..!

BARBARIC ..!!!

Edited by Top Chef

"Vigilantism" and  "Mob Law" are the rule of thumb for Thailand. Taking the law into their own hands may make a difference when an attempted murder or suicide is involved. But overall, this "Mob-law Justice" is an unacceptable part of the ugly underbelly of Thai society. This type of justice has been accepted because the perpetrators of these vigilante type actions, go virtually unpunished (eg. 500-1000 baht fines). (If a farlang were to act in the same manner by beating a Thai lawbreaker, the fines for such actions would undoubtedly be substantially greater. Most likely in the 5000-25000 baht range or maybe more and may include legal prosecution). Vigilantism is the order of the day here in Thailand ("The Land Of Smiles") no matter how wrong it is. Moreover, if the perpetrator happens to be a Farang lawbreaker then that's all the more reason for the thais to get "mobbed-up" so as to exact revenge and vent their hate and jealousy on the white scourge. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

The Thai should have received jail time (2-3 months) for Assault and Battery

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1