A different story - but the fact remains: Kuwaiti hit over the head with a snooker cue!

rooster59

Keep it up Thai people.  Whack the foreigners with a snooker cue, , kick them in the face.

Soon I can have Pattaya for myself.  . :crazy:

7 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

And Christians can't eat shellfish or wear mixed fabrics. Many Muslims drink alcohol, not all strictly adhere to the Quran.

You don’t seem to get the point? It is a criminal offence in Kuwait. The guy is on record saying that him and his friends were drunk ... and presumably he is going back to Kuwait? That comment might land him in jail. That is the point. 

We all know that people do not adhere strictly to their religion. But for some that has consequences if they are found out.

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

You don’t seem to get the point? It is a criminal offence in Kuwait. The guy is on record saying that him and his friends were drunk ... and presumably he is going back to Kuwait? That comment might land him in jail. That is the point. 

We all know that people do not adhere strictly to their religion. But for some that has consequences if they are found out.

Criminal offense in Kuwait, not Thailand.

Doubt he can be prosecuted in Kuwait for drinking overseas.

The point being made wasn't that it was illegal for him being drunk, but posters were insinuating that he was a hypocrite for being drunk and Muslim. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Criminal offense in Kuwait, not Thailand.

Doubt he can be prosecuted in Kuwait for drinking overseas.

The point being made wasn't that it was illegal for him being drunk, but posters were insinuating that he was a hypocrite for being drunk and Muslim. 

Unbelievable, isn't it, the free mind Westerners out on a mission to condemn a Muslim for drinking a couple of beers.

Mind boggling if you ask me.

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

So, you are saying angry and rude makes you a liar; while polite and gentle makes you a truth teller?

My guess is usually they who do the small crimes usually do the bigger crimes.

This time I would believe the guy and not the girl.

Bar staff should never smash cue sticks on customer 's heads, no matter what, it's a job for security or police.

Why did they not use their phones to record the guy? Ha?

Lady is very guilty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Birdbrain said:

Bar staff should never smash cue sticks on customer 's heads, no matter what, it's a job for security or police.

Lady is very guilty.

My guess is neither are completely innocent, but of course, it's the "lady " who went ballistic.

Exchange of rude words is fair imho, attacking people is not.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Birdbrain said:

Lady is very guilty.

While I appreciate your opinion; I think you may not have understood my post. You said,

On 5/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, Birdbrain said:

Thai lady is angry ,rude and most likely lying.

The foreigner is polite, gentle and probably honest.

Which has nothing to do with small or large crimes. I was simply pointing-out the unfounded deductions of those two statements.

I do not know the full circumstances of the altercation in question; neither do you. Hopefully the police can sort it. Whether bar staff should or should not smash pool cues or anything else over a patron's head is subjective. What if the bar maid was simply striking back in defense of one of her friends who she feared was likely to suffer bodily harm at the hands of the drunken sot? Certainly making a phone call to police and awaiting their arrival would not save her friend from immediate potential bodily harm.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:24 PM, Get Real said:

Nah, in this case a will put my trust in the bar girls story.

Quoted above, you can all clearly see the mind of Abulla "The Arab"! They always see themselfs as popular guys and a catch for the female sex. It totally in their mind and ego to make up a story that the girls wanted us but we had to go and they chased us. They even tried to beat me unconsious with a cue-stick, so they were sure I was going to stay and make them happy all night.

Agree with your premise. Why would a bar-girl arguably working 'in the shadows' want to draw attention and controversy to herself? Oh dear Abdulla, where's your magic friend in the sky when you really need him?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fanjita said:

Whether they're ladies of the night or not makes no odds.  If they feel threatened then they've every right to defend themselves.  

Surely the lady dealt with the over zealous customer within reason?  What would you want your wife of ten years to do?  Personally, I want my wife to defend herself.

First of all, my wife of 10 years would not be working there and I presume your "educated, modest and decent" wife wouldn't either, so neither of them are going to be in that position. so your question once again is irrelevant. However I have already said that even bar girls should not expect to be groped over zealously, but they are in that job by choice, and with it comes the chance that certain "customers" may get a bit out of line. What's wrong with saying "the next time you do that it will cost you 500 baht" (or something similar?) Neither you nor I know what happened to warrant a bar girl breaking a pool cue over a guy's head, so how can you say that she dealt with the situation "within reason"? And I would also suggest that if they "feel threatened" they are in the wrong job - they should be working in a factory, or 711, but of course that would involve longer hours, and a much poorer hourly rate!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fanjita said:

Not irrelevant in the slightest.  Abdul and Herr Flick are almost certainly not married to Thai ladies.

If I ran into problems of my own making in LOS then my wife would pre-warn me that the situation isn't going to end well.  It would be a discreet warning and wholly in my best interests.  If I ignored her advice then that's my own lookout. 

Learn to read the signs, sambum.  

"Learn to read the signs, sambum." Don't even think about telling me what to do fanjita! (I nearly said it right)  I have been here long enough to "read  the signs" for myself and I don't need an arrogant  berk like you telling me what or what not to do. If you run into problems of your own making, then "som nam na"  and it is indeed your own lookout. Actually, I find it very hard to believe that you would be in a the type of location to get into that position in the first place, but somebody, somewhere might take exception to your "holier than thou" attitude, so I suppose it is possible that you need your wife to look after you - grow a pair mate, and stop lecturing me on bar girls rights!  

Edited by sambum

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

It makes a difference to him obviously, but why? No idea! :cheesy:

Well, let's back up and see what was said:

18 hours ago, fanjita said:

If Abdul was indeed pawing the ladies then he got what was coming.  What do you expect the girls to do, wait about to be molested?

If a male approached my wife and pawed or inappropriately touched her, under any circumstance, I would normally expect her to find the nearest available knife and slot him, I don't joke and with my full blessing.  There would be blood splashed up the walls.

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why it says she was molested?  And sorry violents is not a solution to fix a problem and you can't compare your wife and a prostitute na 

I not defending him but beerbars and the sex industry need to come down or else they be close down but what I care I not drinking so never used their service 

Nothing good comes out of a beerbar or the ladies only bad behavior 

17 hours ago, fanjita said:

What are you going on about?  Are you married to a Thai lady?  Or married at all.

What difference does it make if he is married to a Thai?

Now, you say, "It makes a difference to him obviously, but why? No idea! "

It appears Henrik may have misunderstood fanjita. It seems to me Henrik is a goody two shoes who dislikes the bar scene and places the blame there.

However, when fanjita responded, "What are you going on about?  Are you married to a Thai lady?  Or married at all." 

Which drew my question?

I think they both misunderstood each other.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Well, let's back up and see what was said:

18 hours ago, fanjita said:

If Abdul was indeed pawing the ladies then he got what was coming.  What do you expect the girls to do, wait about to be molested?

If a male approached my wife and pawed or inappropriately touched her, under any circumstance, I would normally expect her to find the nearest available knife and slot him, I don't joke and with my full blessing.  There would be blood splashed up the walls.

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Why it says she was molested?  And sorry violents is not a solution to fix a problem and you can't compare your wife and a prostitute na 

I not defending him but beerbars and the sex industry need to come down or else they be close down but what I care I not drinking so never used their service 

Nothing good comes out of a beerbar or the ladies only bad behavior 

17 hours ago, fanjita said:

What are you going on about?  Are you married to a Thai lady?  Or married at all.

What difference does it make if he is married to a Thai?

Now, you say, "It makes a difference to him obviously, but why? No idea! "

It appears Henrik may have misunderstood fanjita. It seems to me Henrik is a goody two shoes who dislikes the bar scene and places the blame there.

However, when fanjita responded, "What are you going on about?  Are you married to a Thai lady?  Or married at all." 

Which drew my question?

I think they both misunderstood each other.

Yes, I said:-  "It makes a difference to him obviously, but why? No idea! :cheesy:"

Obviously you missed the :cheesy: and the intended sarcasm!

Actually I think that fanjita is a bit overprotective of women, and thinks that ANY retaliation to ANY "inappropriate behaviour" is justified WHATEVER the circumstances!

Edited by sambum
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Norbert Halfwit said:

Just because someone is born in a Muslim country does not make them a practicing Muslim.

I was born in a Christian country and I am atheist.

Muslims dont have that freedom - its death for muslims who relinquish their faith!!! or worse for a Kuewaiti - days Al Sabah will take away the Ferrari toys!! and the 250000$ when you get married - 3rd richest country per head of GDP in the world 2016 and they share it with Kuwaitis only!!!

16 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

And Christians can't eat shellfish or wear mixed fabrics. Many Muslims drink alcohol, not all strictly adhere to the Quran.

But unlike the bible, the Qura’aan says they have to!!!!!!:post-4641-1156694083:

8 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Lived there 12 years - Kuwaitis DOINT put Kuwaitis in jail!!! Most of them are their fathers cousins!!!!!!

6 hours ago, sambum said:

What's wrong with saying "the next time you do that it will cost you 500 baht" (or something similar?) 

That won't work.  Any transgressors get smacked with the pool cue is fine by me.

1 minute ago, sambum said:

How do you know it won't work? Have you tried it?

500 baht the next time you do that?  Come on.  If a man is taking advantage then he deserves the end of cue.  

If I were of that ilk I would fully expect a lady to defend herself.  I don't, so am safe.