What happened to Lay tomato flovoured crisps?

thaibeachlovers

There is another brand of tomato flavour crisps. They are similar in texture to snaps but tomato flavoured and pretty good

Red packet available in 711/big C

I tried those lays you mention. I prefer the ones I found and an awful lot cheaper. 

1 minute ago, Ks45672 said:

Anyone who does their grocery shopping in Soi Buakhao market has bigger problems to worry about...... 

Groceries?? I was talking about Pringles....Although why anybody would want to eat their Polo shirts is beyond my comprehension.. Unless you are dyslexic and misread "Eat My Shorts"...

2 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Groceries?? I was talking about Pringles....Although why anybody would want to eat their Polo shirts is beyond my comprehension.. Unless you are dyslexic and misread "Eat My Shorts"...

If you buy your clothes there as well I pity you...... ?

• Haha 1

I once bought honey butter flavoured Lays, mistaking them for Original flavour. They were vile.

I miss Tomato ones too; my local Big C used to stock them.

I wish Seabrooke's Smokey Bacon were available in Thailand. Lays do a Bacon and Cheese flavour - ditch the cheese.

12 minutes ago, champers said:

I once bought honey butter flavoured Lays, mistaking them for Original flavour. They were vile.

Bizarrely I found that flavour delicious...!!!!

Lays crisps form an important part of my diet plan in between my Pot Noodle meals, but it is important when on a strict diet that you remain adventurous and vary things a little .....  so here is my top 3 Lays flavours..

1. Cheddar Cheese with UJ on the packet

2. Tomato flavour.

3. Honey butter flavour...

57 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Bizarrely I found that flavour delicious...!!!!

Lays crisps form an important part of my diet plan in between my Pot Noodle meals, but it is important when on a strict diet that you remain adventurous and vary things a little .....  so here is my top 3 Lays flavours..

1. Cheddar Cheese with UJ on the packet

2. Tomato flavour.

3. Honey butter flavour...

Trump likes to eat lays chips apparently, with diet coke 

You two could be best buds

Lays tomato flavoured crisps (chips) are no longer manufactured in Thailand, as you will see if you check all online grocery stores: Tesco, Villa, Big C, etc. Only old stock is available. Secondly, Lays had a campaign for customers to suggest new flavours such as Wasabi. I liked the Wasabi flavour but this also was discontinued. Lays have introduced several new flavours and due to the fact that they have to pay Tesco etc. for shelf space, they have no choice but to replace their slow selling items with potentially more profitable flavours.

Thailand has many short time special snacks, done for marketing, and quick sales.

I am looking for 7-11packaged DELICIOUS 20 Baht croissant with many thick pieces of chocolate inside for over a year now. 

A store manager told me it was a promotion, will never have again.

1 hour ago, Estrada said:

Lays tomato flavoured crisps (chips) are no longer manufactured in Thailand, as you will see if you check all online grocery stores: Tesco, Villa, Big C, etc. Only old stock is available. Secondly, Lays had a campaign for customers to suggest new flavours such as Wasabi. I liked the Wasabi flavour but this also was discontinued. Lays have introduced several new flavours and due to the fact that they have to pay Tesco etc. for shelf space, they have no choice but to replace their slow selling items with potentially more profitable flavours.

I have never understood why items that obviously sell are discontinued, and tomato flavoured crisps obviously sold. I dislike any of the spicy flavoured Lays, so they lost me as a customer. I did buy a lot of the tomato flavoured ones though.

Same thing happened with Heinz hot dog relish for which I ate hot dogs just to enjoy the relish. Can't find that on the shelves anywhere for years. The alternatives are very inferior.

Avoid the flavored chips, at all costs. They are all filled with junk ingredients. Plain lays in Thailand is now made with rice bran oil, which is a very high quality oil, with almost no unsaturated fat, and no added junk. But, when you add in the ingredients they put in nearly all of the flavored chips, you are adding alot of poison to your diet. Leave the flavored nonsense to the Thais. Eat the original ones, and live a few years longer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Avoid the flavored chips, at all costs. They are all filled with junk ingredients. Plain lays in Thailand is now made with rice bran oil, which is a very high quality oil, with almost no unsaturated fat, and no added junk. But, when you add in the ingredients they put in nearly all of the flavored chips, you are adding alot of poison to your diet. Leave the flavored nonsense to the Thais. Eat the original ones, and live a few years longer.

A few years longer in my case will involve being put in front of daytime tv and left to rot. If flavoured Lays actually killed me I'd be eating them all day long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Or just don't eat that garbage at all....? 

The plain ones are not worth eating 

2 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I miss the lays salt and vinegar chips from back home.

You can do that here just buy a newspaper.

Does anyone remember looking for the blue paper salt bag in Smiths crisps.

• Like 2