Engine bay rodents

Anybody out there have experience with stopping rats from getting into the wiring and engine bays on your vehicles?

Had some issues this week on both my vehicles and its caused me no end of grief

What I would like to do is prevent them coming from back... anyone had any success in this field? Any particular smells that they dont like to keep them away?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Had a slight rat infestation when the weather was cooler and the lazy BiL left bags of corn near the car port. The buggers would chew holes in the bags at night and take the kernels into the engine compartment to eat.

I did some YouTube searches and found that small mothballs (from Big C) and cheap, local hand-rolling tobacco installed in small plastic boxes (from Big C kitchen supplies) with breather holes drilled in the boxes. Made 6 of these and placed 3 of them in the most popular 'dining' areas and three other points. I also found a couple of rodent repellent sprays that also did the business. However, some time in the ensuing 3 months, the BiL removed the corn bags so no clue what was the biggest deterrent.

Look for a food source near you car park, eliminate that and you may not need the mothballs and the like.

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

I know what I use to keep them out of my ceiling. Mothballs.

Yes, get the big (1") ones from Makro, put them in a cloth bag in the area that they inhabit.

Archived