Transfer of title for motorcycle

Rudyreg

The form to be signed by seller and buyer?

They might be on the DLT website.

https://www.dlt.go.th/th/e-form/

But as they are in Thai language only maybe hard to find.

There is even a "DLT eForm" Android app, but also 100% in Thai language.

DLT: Department of Land Transport (office).

Ask an expat where the "land office" is and you might end up at the land-registry.

Edited by KhunBENQ

To transfer the title you have to go the DLT office, not the one by the Airport, but the one near the Holiday Inn. I showed up with the guy buying my bike, had the green book, the tags. In and out of there in less than an hour.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:38 AM, jippytum said:

Most motorbike dealers and local transport offices with the yellow cogwheel sign  do transfers on a regular basis and will advise and provide the forms for you 

Yes easiest to use an agent

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

I'll post my collection of files for you here too  Vehicle transfer2.rar 

in case your feeling masochistic and want to do it yourself !!!!   ?  :shock1:

On 5/23/2018 at 4:12 AM, Rdrokit said:

You will have to go to Thai Immigration to get a Letter of Residency. Can't buy or sell a car or bike without one.

If you are buying, then yes, you need a certificate of residence. If you are selling it depends on the DLT, some want one from the seller, others don't

8 hours ago, idman said:

As a seller with a green book and all else up to date I have never had to provide a Proof of Residency letter either in Surin or Chiang Mai.

Had to do it in Korat when I sold my car and my motorcycle. Guess it just depends on the transportation office you go to.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:12 AM, Rdrokit said:

You will have to go to Thai Immigration to get a Letter of Residency. Can't buy or sell a car or bike without one.

The seller does not need one ,only the buyer needs ,in Chiang mai at least ..I just bought a bike in Chiang mai this week ,so its current info .

Edited by anto

2 hours ago, anto said:

The seller does not need one ,only the buyer needs ,in Chiang mai at least ..I just bought a bike in Chiang mai this week ,so its current info .

Well i just sold a car in Korat and needed on so I guess it's up to the transportation office you go to.

10 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

I guess it's up to the transportation office you go to.

Yes it seems so..foreigner selling vehicle needs residence certificate in Chonburi /Pattaya Banglamung

plus they don't except a yellow house book...but I think work permit is excepted.