PHOTOS: Second largest Starbucks in the world opens in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

Good or bad product opinions, they definitely nailed the branding.  Some of their specialty and "seasonal" coffees are pretty tasty...don't care for watery americano myself.

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I have never ever been in a Starbucks,what am I missing,?

prefer Yorkshire tea to coffee,only drink coffee once in a

blue moon,the best coffee I have ever tasted ,was at

Bogata airport,they were giving it away for free,and I

was drinking it without milk or sugar,which i never do,

had several cups,wonder if they added something else

to it.

regards worgeordie

Beautiful women smartly dressed enjoying life and coffee with the rest of us. Love Starbucks and worth every cent. 

“Boom Boom room”

This is a copy/redesign/variation on the 'Starbucks Reserve Roastery' which Starbucks put up 5 years ago (?) on Capitol Hill, Seattle. As we know Starbucks majority owner, here, is Thai, they obviously liked the design and thought it a great money-spinner in the upscale shopping district. Target customers … Thais and tourists, sorry thats ‘Chinese tourists.’

Always entertained by the non-coffee drinkers who feel the need to whinge about Starbucks. You don’t drink coffee, why bother posting? Note -  Starbucks is way 90’s. Today the gorilla is Amazon. Back to your Leo.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, dundas said:

To be honest, who cares? Starbucks -- mediocre, and overpriced, in my opinion.

I  disagree.     I think their coffee is very good particularly the hot latte.     As far as overpriced, pricing same as Coffee World  and a number of the other bigger coffee shops in town.      As far as who cares, obviously many people.    Whenever I stop for a coffee at a Starbucks they are always fairly crowded.     So they must be doing something right or are you just biased?   Maybe you should get out more?

I love Starbucks and the fact that they have so many coffee shops in Thailand.

Never been in one, never will, but they do keep the KSR trash, idiots and pretentious asshats out of the (real) coffee shops that I prefer to drink in.

On 5/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, dundas said:

To be honest, who cares? Starbucks -- mediocre, and overpriced, in my opinion.

Starbucks... I've only ever had one cup and that's it for me, bloody awful and I had to line up for it in Chiang Mai, no thanks...if they want to know how to make good coffee.  Each cup must be freshly ground coffee beans...to make a good cappo just ask the girls on the corner of the Bus Stop Soi in Cha-am.  Served on a wood plate freshly ground coffee and a nice glass of ice, with cold water to go with it.   Always the same always good 50 bht.  And, looking across to the beach and a lovely smile to go with it (LOS), take as long as you like to drink it.  Almost every day...yum yum.  Half the price twice as good.

17 minutes ago, ianf said:

Why would anyone in their right mind buy Starbucks when much better coffee is available elsewhere for a third of the price?

Because often people are waiting for someone, or hanging around somewhere for a reason and it is close, convenient and not all people really give a toss if it is not 'proper' coffee. Its a hot coffee, nothing more nothing less and most of the time convenient to sit down for a while. If you have nothing to do and plenty of time to wander around looking for a better cup more to your tastes then good for you, but many people don't really care that much.

Why would anyone in their right mind buy Starbucks when much better coffee is available elsewhere for a third of the price?
Where? Most coffee shops in Centralworld are equally as expensive. I usually have a double shot in my latte, but Starbucks is fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, ianf said:

A third of the price!      I have tried a number of those 40 bhat  coffee places and I have yet to find one that I would go back to.    I'd  rather pay more and get something I can drink.       Also I enjoy sitting in a "Cheap Charlie" free area like Starbucks offers.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, wirat69 said:

Tried it once... concluded that it must be an American “thing”... vowed to stick with real coffee. Spend more than 100 baht per day on the real stuff!!

Definitely agree, it is truly an American thing. I have trouble working over here in Europe and getting served a shot of coffee - sarcasm, but either way only a few oz. whenever I want a coffee. I would never want only a sip of a cocktail, you get it so you can enjoy a drink. So too with a big coffee - so I can sit and enjoy a coffee and read, people watch, relax, etc. But to go back to your point, this is for sure an American thing. Though whenever I'm anywhere in the world, and I want to make sure I'm getting coffee that has enough caffeine in it, I will search out for a Starbucks. No where else in the world, has the same high amount of caffeine that Starbucks coffee has - that I'm aware of.

22 minutes ago, curlylekan said:

No where else in the world, has the same high amount of caffeine that Starbucks coffee has - that I'm aware of.

There is a place up in Chiang Rai, serves coffee thats like nuclear rocket fuel

I took one teaspoon of their cup of coffee, added that to another cup, filled that with hot water and that was good to drink 

20 hours ago, Spaniel said:

A third of the price!      I have tried a number of those 40 bhat  coffee places and I have yet to find one that I would go back to.    I'd  rather pay more and get something I can drink.       Also I enjoy sitting in a "Cheap Charlie" free area like Starbucks offers.

Try a cappo at the coffee shop on the corner of the Bus Stop Soi in Cha-am served with a glass of ice water 50 bht, you will change you story I bet.  I'm off to get may daily does, always the same all way good and always fresh with a big smile from the girls and a clear view of the Gulf of Thailand, just across the Beach Road....Ahhhh bloody good...A

On 5/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, Spaniel said:

On 5/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, Spaniel said:

I  disagree.     I think their coffee is very good particularly the hot latte.     As far as overpriced, pricing same as Coffee World  and a number of the other bigger coffee shops in town.      As far as who cares, obviously many people.    Whenever I stop for a coffee at a Starbucks they are always fairly crowded.     So they must be doing something right or are you just biased?   Maybe you should get out more?

Hahaha, I get out enough to know what's good and what's not. I see Starbucks as the McDonalds of the coffee world. They're always fairly crowded too, so they must also be doing something right, but they're not exactly the best quality product in fast food.  If I want to enjoy good coffee, I go elsewhere, but if somebody wants to meet me at Starbucks, I'll go there without complaint. It's a different experience, that's all. 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, curlylekan said:

Definitely agree, it is truly an American thing. I have trouble working over here in Europe and getting served a shot of coffee - sarcasm, but either way only a few oz. whenever I want a coffee. I would never want only a sip of a cocktail, you get it so you can enjoy a drink. So too with a big coffee - so I can sit and enjoy a coffee and read, people watch, relax, etc. But to go back to your point, this is for sure an American thing. Though whenever I'm anywhere in the world, and I want to make sure I'm getting coffee that has enough caffeine in it, I will search out for a Starbucks. No where else in the world, has the same high amount of caffeine that Starbucks coffee has - that I'm aware of.

There are none in Italy, they would not take off as Italians already have better coffee shops. Went in once never again, here  they are for Thais to show off in really.

On 5/27/2018 at 6:29 AM, dundas said:

I think drinking coffee at Starbucks in Thailand is about Thais being seen to be up market and a bit flash...in Australia we call that "snobbery".  The sort of thing Mr Bucket does in " Keeping up Appearances" It don't matter if the coffee is crap just so long you are seen to be on the que.

Archived