searching "my activity"

bluesofa

I've tried to search for some way to do this, but without any luck so far.

I'm trying to find a particular post I've made previously. Is there some way to search all of my posts (Content>My Activity?) for a specific keyword?

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've tried to search for some way to do this, but without any luck so far.

I'm trying to find a particular post I've made previously. Is there some way to search all of my posts (Content>My Activity?) for a specific keyword?

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the search function that is part of the forum software. I use Google Advanced Search for this purpose. 

In the field "all these words", type your username and one or more distinctive words from the post you are looking for, or in the field "this exact word or phrase" type a sequence of words.

Into the field "site or domain", type "thaivisa.com/forum" or, if you wish to limit your search to a particular forum, copy-paste its URL into that field.

Finally, click on the blue button "Advanced search" near the bottom right of the page.

I tried this type of search just now but it does not seem to work at the moment, perhaps because there is a re-indexing of the forum database in progress following a forum software update a few days ago. Give it a few days and it should be working again.

Thanks Maestro,

I didn't realise the forum software wouldn't cope with this. I followed your clear instructions and did indeed find the post I was looking for.

I've just taken a screenshot of the Google search option in order to refer to it next time I might need a similar search.

Thanks again.

There is a function to search by keyword and author in the forum software, after all.

--> In the green menu bar near the top of the screen, click on Forums.

--> Click on Forum Search.

--> Type your Search Term.

--> Click on Search By Author.

--> Type your Username.

--> Click on Search Content.

(Heard about it from Ubonjoe today)

12 minutes ago, Maestro said:

There is a function to search by keyword and author in the forum software, after all.

--> Type your Username.

(Heard about it from Ubonjoe today)

I tried the above steps and this is what I got.

image.png.5a22cbdbe0af819bca08e7d9307294d2.png

Personally I very rarely got anywhere with the search function of this forum

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

--> Type your Username.

Previously I could click on 'search' and I was asked 'this forum only' or 'all forums'.

Very recently that option (for me anyway) seems to have disappeared. I wouldn't know if it is something to do with the upgrade, or another reason?

Archived