Will local girls prefer me with or without a tan?

Since it will be obvious you're not Thai, all other physical aspects would take a back seat.

Likely her #1 thing will be if you're a good provider. 

If you're a super hero in bed, appear regularly on the front of GQ etc then that likely gets bonus points, but are stocking fillers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InterestedSugoya said:

Thanks for your replies. I did initially state in my opening post that I am only talking about physical looks. I wasn't referring to a person's quality character or personality.

I was just wondering if keeping a lighter complexion (since it wouldn't be that hard for me to safely and naturally go darker) would draw more glances my way ( and keep them there).

You may have a ploblem when you start talking....:saai:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

A twist, many Thai men, especially late teens, twenties, and more avoid the sun for the exact same reason, they want to be as white as possible.

Why:

- It's the expectation and values of Thais - white is higher class, more attractive, etc etc.

- Girls will find me more attractive if I have white / whiter skin.

(And maybe more)

I need people to compliment my missus when she's been caught in the sun and has a beautiful natural glow, and also I'll buy them a beer if they promise not to compliment her when she sometimes paints concrete on her face and harsh lipstick 'and such' (like traditional Thai war dance paint).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A thai with a dark skin is supposed to work outside , means this person has a low education and does not earn a lot of money ... a white skinned person is supposed to have a good , well paid job and works somewhere in a building , means > has more money <

But farangs anyway are supposed to have a lot of money , ( no money , no honey , no holiday ... ) , so the colour of your skin does not really matter , because you are a farang , that is something different .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

Hope you have other qualities that appeal to Thai women. Can`t see that the shade of skin colour would be a big issue. Many Thai girls don`t want to spend time in the sun and prefer lighter skin for themselves so don`t expect them to enjoy the beach. Of course Isaan bar girls and gold diggers won`t have this concern in their boyfriends, other criteria are a priority.

38 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I'm always up for a free beer, where do you drink??

Will you buy me a bottle of wine if I tell her that wearing gold is unlucky..???

Udon city, though getting her to hang out with drinking farangs may be more of a challenge.

I see some guys - on their motorbikes , totally roasting down at my old condo pool, walking around ( I do live near the first class family resort) with no shirt etc.

The  golf fanatics have had real problems - out in the sun for hours .

I would suggest - stay out of the sun- pale is beautiful.

I personally know at least 30 friends who have have to had moles etc removed- 2 who died from skin cancer.

do not go down that route - stay pale . 

Tan is okay if you do actually tan.  You can see on Thais that their skin will respond to sunlight in mere minutes.  Those of us that don't tan well are more at risk of skin issues, and even if you do eventually tan, the trick is to do it slowly so that it has a chance to protect you.  'Binge tanning' is bad news.

Edited by Shiver

If we're talking about normal Thai girls (not working girls and not HiSo Chinese Thai), then a tan is not an issue.

If your 'undercoat' is white - then a light tan will not be a significant factor in the Thai girls decision-making process.  If you are naturally darker skinned - then you may come up against the underlying racism in Thailand.

Having said that - your TGF will not be happy if you get a heavy tan - as it makes you look a more lower class in the eyes of her friends. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, InterestedSugoya said:

In general, you are correct, but I'm not talking about professional prostitutes or soapy girls here. I'm talking about real "normal" girls.

Despite all the bs you might read on TV,                 " normal " thai girls wouldn't piss in your ear if your brain was on fire. They certainly wont "date" some 2 week tourist of any colour. They have to know you for a long time.

• Confused 2

i dont think thai girls are worried about you being white or tanned..i think its only thai and chinese women who think white is superior...hillarious realy,,,your finances will always be number one in thailand....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, InterestedSugoya said:

I wouldn't "marry" any girl that would physically discriminate anyone seriously.

Oh dear, Capt Savahoe on the white charger.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Not just Thailand though is it?? That statement probably fits a lot of the World's female population..

the difference is, in LOS they dont bullsh1t about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

You could always buy a bottle or sun tan lotion? They even sell it here. Invariably even if you get Red/Brown/ Black , it wont be even all over. If you just put a little on the back of your neck / on your nose  etc  its gonna look much  better than not using any, not to mention avoiding sunstroke. My GF was obsessed with being white, now shes seen ( internet) all the western models/girls with dark skin, and wants to be like that now ! (Suits me) . A  sort of ' Even All Over'  'Honey/Coffee ' colour IMHO is perfect for the girls. She says doesn't care about what colour my skin is, ( Yeah yeah as long as the bank notes are brown haha). Most Thai girls are non too keen on Indians for various reasons btw.

Yes, they are as popular is big bellies or bushy mousers.

with all the seriously obese thai girls now they should be happy to get a date with any man that has pulse and blood pressure

if the op is so seriously worried about getting a date due to having a tan may i refer to another thread  

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1038825-poll-half-of-all-foreigners-are-contemplating-or-have-had-a-sexual-experience-with-a-lady-boy/

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 2

During my years in LOS I have yet to hear of a bird rejecting any farang whether fat, thin, tanned, untanned, old, young, drinker, tea total, tattooed, shaven, bearded, whatever, until she has been with them a couple of years and got fed up with their "crap"..bored.gif.a10bee520ef11c5f2733f914e555b93e.gif

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

with all the seriously obese thai girls now they should be happy to get a date with any man that has pulse and blood pressure

if the op is so seriously worried about getting a date due to having a tan may i refer to another thread  

I reckon the "seriously obese" thing really remains in the farang side of the court chummy....?

12 minutes ago, transam said:

During my years in LOS I have yet to hear of a bird rejecting any farang whether fat, thin, tanned, untanned, old, young, drinker, tea total, tattooed, shaven, bearded, whatever, until she has been with them a couple of years and got fed up with their "crap"..bored.gif.a10bee520ef11c5f2733f914e555b93e.gif

thats not rue.  financially independent gals are usually selective 

though the more they weigh the less selective they can be

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1