Aust. Spouse Visa

Wife lodged application for spouse visa at visa application centre last thurday. Got the call from embassy today (tues.)for thursday 1Feb.

She just got home to Kalasin by bus today and now she has to get the bus back tomorrow. Will keep readers informed

Bob

The questions she can expect will be mostly about you and your family. The interviewer will be trying to establish the genuineness and strength of your relationship, even though you are married.

Many of the questions will come from answers she has given in the application.

I suggest that you fire a number of such questions at her until she can answer them accurately without thinking.

Questions about your income, employment, family members, future plans, where you met, certain dates etc. etc. etc.

Good preparation usually means good results.

If there is any discrepancy in her verbal answers and the written answers stated in the visa application, she can expect more direct questioning from her case officer.

Another poster recently stated that an Australian official was present during their interview. Most interesting.

Hope your application is successful and good luck to you. I have a friend who was married to a Thai lady in 1998 and a spouse visa was granted to Aust. in 1999, howerever they divorsed in 2004 and he has remarried in Thailand and wishes to sponsor his new wife to Aust. He is wondering if Immigration restrict the number of sponsorships in say a 10 year period.Any TV members have any info? And what sort of questions would be asked at an interview?

The questions she can expect will be mostly about you and your family. The interviewer will be trying to establish the genuineness and strength of your relationship, even though you are married.

I suggest that you fire a number of such questions at her until she can answer them accurately without thinking.

Questions about your income, employment, family members, future plans, where you met, certain dates etc. etc. etc.

If there is any discrepancy in her verbal answers and the written answers stated in the visa application, she can expect more direct questioning from her case officer.

Another poster recently stated that an Australian official was present during their interview. Most interesting.

David, As far as I know Immigration don't have a policy regarding restricting the number of visas they will issue within a certain time frame.

Why not suggest to your friend that he telephones Immigration in his Capital City and asks them.

G,day,

From my experiances with sponsoring a spouse applicant. An Australian person can only sponsor 2 overdseas applicants in their life time. But there is a priviso.. And that is if there are any children from the latest union are involved there ia a possibility that rule can be overcome...Hope this helps,

cheers,

lesdunbar

Hope your application is successful and good luck to you. I have a friend who was married to a Thai lady in 1998 and a spouse visa was granted to Aust. in 1999, howerever they divorsed in 2004 and he has remarried in Thailand and wishes to sponsor his new wife to Aust. He is wondering if Immigration restrict the number of sponsorships in say a 10 year period.Any TV members have any info? And what sort of questions would be asked at an interview?

David...

read page 13 and 14 of the booklet 1 on the link I have posted here for you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

It is a PDF file and you will need adobe to read it.

In short your mate has no problems....there is a limit of two sponsorships unless compelling circumstances apply as another poster said....He cannot sponsor a partner within 5 years of sponsoring another.