Your visa status isn’t really important. The bank will only be interested in your ability to repay. IMO it’s unlikely you’ll get a loan if you aren’t working in Thailand.

Edited by elviajero

I got a car loan a few years ago from Tisco to purchase a new car, I'm on an extension of stay based on retirement, I wasn't required to provide a guarantor, just proof of my income. 

So it can be done, though, as I say, it was a few years ago.

38 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I got a car loan a few years ago from Tisco to purchase a new car, I'm on an extension of stay based on retirement, I wasn't required to provide a guarantor, just proof of my income. 

So it can be done, though, as I say, it was a few years ago.

Ok thanks

I got a car loan from Kasikorn Bank in Khon Kaen.  I've had an account with them  15 years so they know my income.  We were visited at home.  No problem.  That was 2 and a half years ago.  Only 18 months to go.  I was 68, I think.

17 minutes ago, lungbing said:

I got a car loan from Kasikorn Bank in Khon Kaen.  I've had an account with them  15 years so they know my income.  We were visited at home.  No problem.  That was 2 and a half years ago.  Only 18 months to go.  I was 68, I think.

Thank you

Many possibilities and variations, also depends if will be a bank loan or a private lender company, and if the car is new or used.

A  private lender will be more flexible but the interest rate on the loan will be higher than from the bank

Can be done with a large down payment, about 40 to 50 %

Can be done if you own a paid-off property in your name, like a condo.

Can be done if you declare taxes in Thailand

Can be done with a Thai individual collateral with a good job or a paid off property, and a good credit record.

And... Loans in general for Thai or Farang only before 66 years of age... Example... If you are 60 years old the loan maximun term will be 6 years or less. A 30 years old Thai can qualify for a 36 years loan just showing a good job history, most for land and homes. Cars loans can be up to 6 years, but also can be refinanced after.

In some rare cases a Thai can get a loan with a Farang collateral, if they are married and the Thai have a good credit history in any former financed purchase. In that case the car will be in both names, and can be transfered in the Farang name after paid off or considered common property in case of a divorce. Same with a house under construction loan.

My case with my ex-Thai wife.

Every bank, every lender, and every lawyer, will provide different scenarios....

Edited by Muzarella

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Finance and risk...same everywhere. 

8000,000 in the bank?   Use that..... Low risk for the bank. 

No 800,000 and only monthly pension income.. Who would you lend to? 

50,000 baht a month guaranteed with bank statement a lot more than a. Thai 12,000 month ,not guaranteed, hmmm