Prayut: shaken, defensive and easily riled

webfact

57 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Pm Prayuth doing an interview on Tv 

The reporter asks Mr. Pm can you list the achievements of the junta in the last 4 years.

Answer  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Reporter Well Mr. Pm what are they?

Pm  Shut-up or you will be re-educated  That is one achievement we have done, Re-educated a lot of Thais

Get Cathy Newman to interview him.

:laugh:

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

Ha ha, good one, Bluesofa! I like your crack about the puppet operating Prayut.

By the way - it was Sandie Shaw who sang 'Puppet on a String'; Petula Clark was famous for 'Downtown'.

Oh sh1t yes, you're right. I stand (well, sit) corrected, cheers. My memory isn't what it used to be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Oh sh1t yes, you're right. I stand (well, sit) corrected, cheers. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Neither, sadly, are Petula Clark or Sandy Shaw...

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

He sees himself as Prem 2.0.

Not sure why he doesn't just toddle off to the Privy Council?

I have for some time thought that was the real"road map".

Waiting for the vacancy I suppose...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAG said:
27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

He sees himself as Prem 2.0.

Not sure why he doesn't just toddle off to the Privy Council?

I have for some time thought that was the real"road map".

Waiting for the vacancy I suppose...

I think he'll get dumped before he even gets anywhere near the queue.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Personally, I think it's a lot worse than that, and am awaiting the signs that point to a huge and disastrous reversal of backing, and I'm convinced that others, including our friends in Dubai and London also know it's coming. Tears before bedtime for out Mr Childish I fear.

Under the bus he is definitely going, and I would not be surprised to see a counter-coup, which will be Thailands last little game of soldiers.

Yesterday's men, but the Thai people appear not to much like getting the government they deserve. In the meantime, I only hope the dopey buggers wake up to themselves and start to get a grip. The good Loed knows it would not be before time.

Yes, recent developments are all very interesting and could indeed point to a loss of support for Prayut from high, celestial spheres (if you know what I mean). More and more people are speaking out against him (the head of the Election Commission's directly and publicly contradicting Prayut on the right of Thanathorn's party to agitate for a scrapping of the 2017 Constitution is a salient indicator), and one wonders if word has got round in such circles that Prayut is no longer 'approved of'. Speculation - but one wonders ...

Edited by Eligius

16 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Perhaps The Nation's change in direction is interlinked with higher changes that might be going on and which are 'felt in the air', or suspected ...

Possible. I think the whole piece above is a puff-piece. Tha Nation know's very well it wasn't Prayuth's hand on the dagger that did in Buddha Issara, and (perhaps more to the point) they know very well whose hand it was.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Becker said:

Not to be bashing Thailand (there's enough of that already) but professional journalism in this country is almost impossible to achieve due to the very severe limitations on what subjects can be covered lest one end up in a jail cell or worse.

True enough. And when the opportunity for professionalism does not exist, rags like the Nation (and others) will snatch at the opportunities that do exist (generally to fill their troughs). Thais being Thais...

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

Perhaps we are nowhere near that  point. It may last forever. It has gone on for a long time.  But maybe a tipping point is just around the  corner. And someone will start vomiting out what they really think. 

A story from Milan Kundera's Book of Laughter and Forgetting set in Czechoslovakia during the days of Stalinist repression of free speech

“In Wenceslaus Square, in Prague, a guy is throwing up. Another guy comes up to him, pulls a long face, shakes his head, and says: "I know just what you mean.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Personally, I think it's a lot worse than that, and am awaiting the signs that point to a huge and disastrous reversal of backing, and I'm convinced that others, including our friends in Dubai and London also know it's coming. Tears before bedtime for out Mr Childish I fear.

Under the bus he is definitely going, and I would not be surprised to see a counter-coup, which will be Thailands last little game of soldiers.

I believe that history will record this disaster being laid directly at the door of Prayuth with his family and Mr Piggy withhis watches and both men with their arrogance.

Yesterday's men indeed, but the Thai people appear not to much like getting the government they deserve. In the meantime, I only hope the dopey buggers wake up to themselves and start to get a grip. The good Loed knows it would not be before time.

The Thai certainly march to the beat of a different drum then us Westerners do..for certs..but then so does the rest of Asia.

Please watch this and I think that it isn't really off topic altho' perhaps my intention is a little disguised.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Prayut and Co. should just bail out while their bank accounts are looking good.

There will be no legitimacy to be gained if they carry on with this farcical, pantomime of an "election".

Threatening the opposition is about as low as you can stoop. He is running scared and so he should.

In a free and fair election, with adequate campaigning time, he wouldn't stand a chance !!

Bank account almost full, once yellow submarine arrive from china all aboard off abroad new life UK the new Brazil of Europe Rich and on the run head straight to UK pay upon entry all good new id, passport, 10 year visa book audience with King Thaksin Shinawatra have a chat quiet chardonnay or 2 thanking him for leading the way how to rob Thai poor to give to rich only one thing as PM he got wrong thais dont love him like love Shinawatra family for robbing them , 

• Haha 1