Long-tail boats at Koh Phi Phi damaged by storm

webfact

Long-tail boats at Koh Phi Phi damaged by storm

Strong winds swept in and two metres waves sprung up in a local storm and hit the boats on the beach.

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

884703-681x510.jpg

Yesterday (May 29) Nitipat Mongkolpradit, director of Krabi Tourist Assistance Centre was notified that strong wind waves had damaged eight long tail boats which were parked along Ton Tai Beach on Koh Phi Phi. Some equipment on the boats has also been damaged.

Mr Nitipat says, “the incident happened yesterday (May 29) at 6 am. Strong winds swept in and two metres waves sprung up in a local storm and hit the boats on the beach. Luckily no injuries were reported as no one was on the boats at that time.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/long-tail-boats-at-koh-phi-phi-damaged-by-storm

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-05-30

4 hours ago, daoyai said:

wish they would all be destroyed,  noisy as hell, dangerous to swimmers and snorkelers piloted by thugs.

I don't wish any bad luck to anybody but yet it's strange that all that boats are being damaged a couple of days before the closure of Maya bay, I guess somebody wants to get the money that the closure will make him loose from the insurance company...

4 hours ago, MekkOne said:

I don't wish any bad luck to anybody but yet it's strange that all that boats are being damaged a couple of days before the closure of Maya bay, I guess somebody wants to get the money that the closure will make him loose from the insurance company...

So they created a storm?

3 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

So they created a storm?

Nope you cannot create a storm but you can create the situation for a tied boat to sink by tiding it tight during the low tide, in that way when the storm come or the tide rises the boat has no margin to float over the waves and slowly get sink. But yeah maybe that too smart...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, daoyai said:

wish they would all be destroyed,  noisy as hell, dangerous to swimmers and snorkelers piloted by thugs.

Agreed. The last time I went to Phi Phi they were going along all the beaches constantly, unmuffled, of course ( mufflers are so uncool- much better to destroy the ambience and ruin people's enjoyment ).

Unfortunately, the boats only appear full of water, and will no doubt be refloated, to resume their assault on people's hearing.

With any luck though, the salt water will have ruined the engines, so there may be a short respite from the plague of the longtails.

Archived