Where can you get cash back with a Vietnamese bank visa card in Bangkok?

I have a Vietcom ATM visa card that for some reason doesn't work in ATM's outside of Vietnam. Is there anywhere in Bangkok where I can can get cash back on the card without using an ATM?

Thanks Maca

Bangkok is a big city. Giving your location might elicit replies from those with local knowledge. I think that any of the major banks will give you a cash advance if you walk inside, though of course you will have to pay interest on that. It might be worth phoning your bank in Vietnam, to see if there is something wrong on their end.

Edited by allane
x
  • Like 1

My personal experience, of course different branches might have different rules, but you should be able to find one that can do a cash advance for you:

UOB does cash advances for free

Bangkok Bank told me they do them for free, but the machine was broken, so not 100% sure

SCB charges 180THB for a cash advance

Krungsri charges 200 THB for a cash advance

TMB, Goverment Savings and LH Bank don't do cash advance

• Like 1

I tried UOB yesterday, they told me they can only do cash advances with credit cards not debit cards. If I use my Vietnamese visa debit card in for example in a supermarket for payment do you think that will work as it doesn't work in ATM's?