My First Extension of Stay - My Experience at Jomtien

Again, the OP has yet to say whether the gold bar lady was working at the front intake desk or at the actual RETIREMENT desk. It's fair to assume she was at the front desk, meaning any info she conveyed about details for RETIREMENT applications would be naturally less credible.

Also, reports about what people are told don't carry the same weight as actual reports of experiences. 

So far the overwhelming evidence points to the high probability that income letters as old as SIX months continue to be accepted at Jomtien.

Cheers. 

On 5/31/2018 at 5:04 PM, Pilotman said:

Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage.  I left the Kingdom each 90 days of that year and the 90 day stay was then renewed. The visa ran out in April and I was on my last stamp, valid until 3rd June., so it was either go home and renew the visa ( not really practical and very expensive), go to a near by country and get a new visa, again expensive and a real hassle judging by the reports, or go for it and get an extension of stay based on retirement ( I didn't want the performance that a marriage extension seems to attract, including home visits)  . 

Getting a Non-O based on Marriage in Savanakhet is not a hassle at all, but does require an overnight trip (1 or 2 nights, depending on transport taken).  But since you could apply based on retirement, and this is easy at Jomtien, you made the right decision.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:41 AM, Pilotman said:

This is to certify that my husband xxxxxxxxxxx lives with me at xxxxxxxxxxxx .  I certify that I am the lgal owner of this property.

If you had used "Marriage to a Thai" as the basis for the extension, you would need to have paid an agent 25K to get an extension there, unless your wife got a document stamped from the Amphoe that proved her ownership of your residence.  It is also theoretically possible if you own your own condo (and have all the related docs, including the architectural floor-plan - not kidding).  Again - good choice going with the "retirement" option.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:45 AM, Wallander4 said:

I'm gonna change from Marriage to Retirement as my wife is torn up every year having to deal with the unprofessional and rude officers at Counter 6 - they apparently see their job as to harass and annoy people that support thai family 

Yes, exactly.  They seem to hate Thai women who have married a farang man, based on the humiliation they put them through - or maybe it's just corruption /  greed, to force you to an agent - or a combination of these.  

My wife also begged me never to have to deal with the "Family Desk" again, after they way she was treated.  I got a Non-O Multi, instead, then moved to a new area.  The word I would use to describe that desk's personnel is "vicious."  

On 5/31/2018 at 5:11 PM, Pilotman said:

look let' s  stop this now.  Two weeks ago, in preparation for my application, I went into the Immigration office and spoke to one of the officers there. Around 30 years old, two gold bars, nice smile, sorry, I didn't get her name, or a copy of her ID.  She was very helpful in telling me precisely what was expected in terms of documentation,  It was she who suggested that I get a notarised document saying where I lived in place of a utilities bill. 

This is the very last  time I bother to detail any experiences I have of this nature. Good luck to you.  

The immigration officers very often do not give you the right information, or only give part of the information.

Example. I wanted to know when I could apply for my retirement extension and the IO at Jomtien told me 30 days before the non-O expiry. This would not have been possible for me to do as the money would not have been in the bank for the required 2 months. Further questioning revealed that I could apply ANY TIME within that 30 days period, so 2 weeks before expiry was OK and the money had been seasoned by then making the application possible.

Update from the dedicated thread about the income letter age rules.

I can now say with a massive amount of confidence, totally contrary to what was telegraphed here by the O.P. these conclusions --

-- The rule has definitely NOT changed.

-- The rule is that income letters as old as six months are accepted.

-- There definitely has NOT been a change of that down to one month.

-- Multiple CREDIBLE first hand recent reports of this being the case -- no rule change.

-- Either recently or over the years on this forum there is not even ONE credible first hand report of one month limits being enforced at Jomtien.

Ignoring anyone's face or ego (this is NOT about that), I can confidently say the the information posted here by the O.P. is indeed (as I strongly suspected) FALSE INFORMATION.

It doesn't really matter how or why that happened. We get such miscommunications frequently here, and then false rumors are started.

Not this time. 

This rumor has now been CRUSHED.

Carry on assuming the rule has NOT changed.

Cheers.