Walking Street to be cleaned up! But it's not what you might think.

snoop1130

On 6/2/2018 at 3:13 AM, smedly said:

wonderful, bury those cables and suddenly you can bring your kids to walking street ?

what are these people smokin

seriously - what a complete pile of

Yes crazies

On 6/2/2018 at 10:00 AM, smedly said:

there is only one way to make walking street family friendly and that is to run a digger through it and return it to a beach front as it should be.

all the current brothels can then be relocated to the darkside out of sight of family tourists

Yes they can swim in the sewage

On 6/1/2018 at 7:55 AM, Cadbury said:

Someone forgot to mention the worrying effect on the "shareholders" of the bars and go-go lounges and all the other seedy establishments. Some police wives and mia nois will be on a tight budget over the coming months.

Police are laughable. Come elections we see how they  fly

On 6/2/2018 at 11:03 AM, Lupatria said:

Hookers, lady boys, strip shows, and dead drunk tourists. Like the guys at the TAT, and City Hall officials I was also wondering, what is the secret of a successful family targeting tourist attraction.

Yeah mum likes the ladyboys and my 11 year old wants to see some pussy

2 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Not really. My personal views on Pattaya would not be published here. I lived for a number of years just outside Pattaya but it has continually managed to sink lower with every month that passes. Pattaya as a family destination is only possible in a different dimension. I attracts the scum of the earth so a clean up to try and cover the worst parts of it are only a temporary measure at best

Some posters never seem to understand that families have many options elsewhere in Thailand. There is no requirement to ruin Pattaya just so people can bring their children to stay. I think Pattaya appeals to people like me that want a child free environment.

For yourself, I fail to understand why you would live anywhere near a place you despise. It's easy- just move. I hear Saudi is lovely at this time of year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Not really. My personal views on Pattaya would not be published here. I lived for a number of years just outside Pattaya but it has continually managed to sink lower with every month that passes. Pattaya as a family destination is only possible in a different dimension. I attracts the scum of the earth so a clean up to try and cover the worst parts of it are only a temporary measure at best

You must not have been here in sometime.  There's plenty for families to do and the adult entertainment areas are in only a very small part of greater Pattaya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

You must not have been here in sometime.  There's plenty for families to do and the adult entertainment areas are in only a very small part of greater Pattaya.

Pattaya used to be ok but not now. I has sank to an all time low. Same with Jomtien, that was really nice when I lived there but friends I know from there moved out as crime was rising rapidly.

All these places have in the past been good but the greed for money at any cost will bring any place to the lowest level of humanity and Pattaya has demonstrated this over the years

39 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Pattaya used to be ok but not now. I has sank to an all time low. Same with Jomtien, that was really nice when I lived there but friends I know from there moved out as crime was rising rapidly.

All these places have in the past been good but the greed for money at any cost will bring any place to the lowest level of humanity and Pattaya has demonstrated this over the years

How long ago were you satisfied with Pattaya? I haven't noticed spiraling crime in over 12 years. I don't feel any less safe than I did when I arrived. If anything, with all the normal tourists here these days taking the emphasis away from the sex industry, it seems safer. I haven't been physically threatened in all that time - not even close.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tropo said:

How long ago were you satisfied with Pattaya? I haven't noticed spiraling crime in over 12 years. I don't feel any less safe than I did when I arrived. If anything, with all the normal tourists here these days taking the emphasis away from the sex industry, it seems safer. I haven't been physically threatened in all that time - not even close.

Up to about 5 years ago I was there.

4 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Pattaya is well known as the toilet of South East Asia.... 

Don't try to pretend it's a family place 

"Family place" may be a stretch, but most of the tourists these days are non-sex-tourists.

3 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Up to about 5 years ago I was there.

How long did you live here? Did you live here full time? Were you a victim of a violent crime? 

If you mind your own business and don't walk around drunk, it's a safe enough place to be. Just watch out for overhead cables that reach the ground.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, hotchilli said:

An improvement would be to bull-doze walking street entirely & make it a true family resort.. Not a prostitution centre of Thailand

Would you also like a few churches built on the vacant land as well?

No customers of Walking Street are forced to go there, are they?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, newnative said:

And, if you don't use either, who cares?  Many of us living in Pattaya full-time are living much the same lives we lived in our home countries--just cheaper and with better weather.  In my case, my accommodations are much nicer here, as well--doubtful I could afford a 3 bedroom/3 bath oceanfront condo anywhere in America.

Or the UK. But Pattaya is much more fun. 

• Like 1

I think providing a safe and easy entrance to Walking Street from the North is much more important. The choice: squeezing between store fronts and a railing and avoiding a shawarma stand while facing hordes of Chinese tours coming at you or trying to avoid tour buses and other traffic while crossing over stinking vents from the poo poo processor in a very limited area full of bewildered cattle (tourists). Oh, and you have to avoid the motorsy taxi drivers.

Not an inviting choice.

The other night there was a very self-important tourist policeman with his arms crossed leaning against his motorbike which was parked sideways to provide the most difficulty in getting by. Sigh.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I think providing a safe and easy entrance to Walking Street from the North is much more important. The choice: squeezing between store fronts and a railing and avoiding a shawarma stand while facing hordes of Chinese tours coming at you or trying to avoid tour buses and other traffic while crossing over stinking vents from the poo poo processor in a very limited area full of bewildered cattle (tourists). Oh, and you have to avoid the motorsy taxi drivers.

Not an inviting choice.

The other night there was a very self-important tourist policeman with his arms crossed leaning against his motorbike which was parked sideways to provide the most difficulty in getting by. Sigh.

Totally agree.  Very ugly, chaotic mess right now.

An off topic / troll post and two replies have been removed.

Topic is about cleaning up hanging cables in Walking Street

A further off topic post/picture has been removed